RaceDepartment Skinning Competition - The Winners!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
1st 32%.jpg

Following the successful conclusion of our first RaceDepartment themed skinning competition we are pleased to confirmed the winners have been decided!

We've had an incredible response to our competition during the last month, with no less than 73 beautiful deigns submitted by our awesome community and utilising a wide variety of first and third party content currently available in Assetto Corsa today.

We asked our readers to vote for your top five designs which will then be reviewed by Kunos Simulazioni's Stefano Casillo and an overall winner chosen.

Of the 73 final submissions we received an incredible 1,356 votes, with each and every livery submitted receiving a vote in the poll. However the standout community chosen skin, and incidently the scheme chosen by Casillo as our overall winner, was the brilliant RaceDepartment Corvette C7.R by @speedyx56

1st 32%.jpg
1st 32% top.jpg

Receiving a total of 32% of the community votes and seal of approval from Casillo, the Corvette is a beautiful design and a worthy victor against such stiff competition.

"Congratulations to all submissions" said Casillo, "I have chosen the Corvette as it is the one featuring the most interesting lines, gradients, details and design that seem to transcend the actual car curves and adds interesting angles to the base shape.
A big shout out must also go to @pan-pan who ended up in the runners up position with is his awesome GTR below:

2nd .jpg
View attachment 178091

Next up in joint third position with an equal number of votes are designs from @schUPpor and @TTM75 with the FXXK and Fiat 500 respectively.

3rd.jpg
View attachment 178092
4th.jpg
View attachment 178088

@schUPpor makes yet another entry into our top five with his fifth position voted submission for the venerable BMW Z4, proving that classic GT3 machines can still keep with the latest and greatest in the world of GT racing.

5th.jpg
View attachment 178090

I'm thick and can't count... :) Please welcome the lovely Porsche from @NCIS that a more intelligent person would have seen actually amassed votes high enough to be in the initial top 5!! Congratulations @NCIS, great job fella! Lucky that @schUPpor had 2 skins in the top 5, so no harm no foul!

NICIS.jpg

Each of our top five finalists will receive a small Kunos Simulazioni goody bag containing some Assetto Corsa merchandise as a reward for their efforts, and our winner @speedyx56 will receive an additional free 12 months Premium membership at RaceDepartment.

EDIT: Because we are so impressed with the top 5 skins, everyone will get a new 12 month Premium too !

On a personal note I want to thank everyone who has taken part in the competition, either submitting a skin, voting in our poll or offering words of encouragement to our entrants. It's been the first time we have run something like this and it's not been all plain sailing I must admit, but I'm simply delighted with the response and engagement we have received. I wasn't sure how well received this event would be when I first decided to run the event... well it's gone down very well indeed! Thank you everyone! I will take on board the lessons learnt from this event and the next one will be even bigger and even better !

Congratulations everyone, simply exceptional stuff.

@speedyx56 @pan-pan @schUPpor @TTM75 please can you send me a PM so we can arrange your prizes :)

Last edited:
Whoa! Two of mine made it :confused::):):) A big THANKS to all voters!
There is so much great stuff coming from this competition that there should be more winners!
Now I really wonder if the fifth package could be given to the sixth in line since I'm doubled in the top five and I could not make use of two packages...

Congratulations once again everyone!

Because @schUPpor had two top 5's (well done m8) and also because I've dropped a bit of a bollock (so it's fortunate about the 2 top 5's...) I've added @NCIS to the top five results, and the Kunos & Premium account prize.

It looks like I can't count and totally missed off the @NCIS entry which should be in the top 5!! Shoot, sorry man!

So I'll update the OP with that pretty sexy Porsche skin :)

NICIS.jpg

Congrats all five. Magnificent car skins. We have decided to give all five of you a year membership as our token of appreciation. Thanks to all the rest of the participants as well for being great ambassadors.

On to the next skinning competition :D.

Well done to the top five, all the cars were brilliant :)

We had such a diverse mix of entrants. Those that had done lots of skins work already and those that just decided to "have a go" which is great. Well done to everybody :thumbsup:

So are we having a Fiat 500 Rustbucket GT10 league anytime soon? ;)

(.....I'll start digging out my rust texture files...:roflmao:)

No, only the five best are winners;)
Actually it is "all of us" who are winners because we can download and use these incredible skins! Not really an apples to apples test of skinning, only because they weren't all on the same car, which means I was influenced by the cars as well as the skins! Great job on all of them though and great job @Paul Jeffrey for the idea and the execution:cool:

Whoa! Two of mine made it :confused::):):) A big THANKS to all voters!
There is so much great stuff coming from this competition that there should be more winners!
Now I really wonder if the fifth package could be given to the sixth in line since I'm doubled in the top five and I could not make use of two packages...

That is the kind of group we have at RD that shows it's more about the taking part and less about the rewards way you go SchUPpor. But you deserve a serious pat on the back two entries out of 70 shows some serious skills.

Great to see that Speedyx56 won this competition. :thumbsup: I personally never thought that my rusty Fiat skin would be on the top five, because there was better ones available. ...but thanks to all who voted and liked my Fiat skin.

I think what made your rusty old FIAT Abarth a high placed contender was it was totally original everyone was thinking in one way and using flashy cars and super liveries and you obviously thought what would make people think and notice (may be I am over projecting lol) .

It was like how people are drawn to the runt of the litter of puppies everything about it just draws you to it, people love it because of it's simplicity it's vulnerability.

In fact you'd almost feel sorry for the driver on a grid of flash cars driving it but deep down you know it shines out brighter because of it.OK it's a heap of junk but I guarantee everyone will give it a whirl at some time if they own AC.

I think what made your rusty old FIAT Abarth a high placed contender was it was totally original everyone was thinking in one way and using flashy cars and super liveries and you obviously thought what would make people think and notice (may be I am over projecting lol) .

It was like how people are drawn to the runt of the litter of puppies everything about it just draws you to it, people love it because of it's simplicity it's vulnerability.

In fact you'd almost feel sorry for the driver on a grid of flash cars driving it but deep down you know it shines out brighter because of it.OK it's a heap of junk but I guarantee everyone will give it a whirl at some time if they own AC.

You are right. I spend half an hour to thinking how i can do something different that everyone will notice it. :) ..Clock was almost 11:30pm when i got idea and started to paint skin. :) It took about 12 hours to paint whole skin, because rusty part is made from 10 different rusty metal photos etc.. ...But thanks to all again who like and love it. I'm more than happy to hear it and it gives a lot of motivation for modding. :)

You are right. I spend half an hour to thinking how i can do something different that everyone will notice it. :) ..Clock was almost 11:30pm when i got idea and started to paint skin. :) It took about 12 hours to paint whole skin, because rusty part is made from 10 different rusty metal photos etc.. ...But thanks to all again who like and love it. I'm more than happy to hear it and it gives a lot of motivation for modding. :)
I think you need to share your price with me because I gave you the idea of the 595.
preview.jpg
rusty.jpg

See no difference;)

Sorry but there is no way to split price. ;) ....Btw, i haven't checked any skins that have participated on competition until i had placed my submission to thread, because i didn't want to see what someone else is done for competition. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back