RaceDepartment Rally Championship - Season 3 Draft Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small suggestion:

Maybe a sticky post about the whole season calendar? this would be for s3. Yes it is included in the Season 2 introduction and I guess will be the same for season 3 but a separate locked thread would be a good idea(imo).

Hey all, as most of you know i havnt been driving in the RD rallys for very long and ive never made an RDRC event, but anyways thought id add a suggestion in here that ive thought of....

earlyer in this thread someone metioned having different damage classes for the different level of car classes ie (WRC cars on realistic damage, lite and production on reduced and rookie class on safe or something).
now i understand this would mean more servers more confusion etc... but there is a way to run it so the work load is spread out, tho i understand this would mean different car classes would run on different weeks causing a bit of confusion there but it would mean the variaty of damage classes would be avalible.....
ok so my suggestion is this, why not run the top end guys (WRC class) servers with realistic damage on the week 1, then run mid class (prodution and trophy) servers with reduced damage on week 2 and then the fresh/n00b drivers servers on reduced damage on the 3rd week.
since drivers are asked to sign up for that rally the wednesday before hand you can easily just not put up servers that wont have people running in them. also for a bit of fun people could also join in with other rallies out side there own class/ car for fun without there times/ points counting of course.

just a suggestion, and i understand this would make a bit extra work for admins sorting out servers and dates for every week.

Hey all, as most of you know i havnt been driving in the RD rallys for very long and ive never made an RDRC event, but anyways thought id add a suggestion in here that ive thought of....

earlyer in this thread someone metioned having different damage classes for the different level of car classes ie (WRC cars on realistic damage, lite and production on reduced and rookie class on safe or something).
now i understand this would mean more servers more confusion etc... but there is a way to run it so the work load is spread out, tho i understand this would mean different car classes would run on different weeks causing a bit of confusion there but it would mean the variaty of damage classes would be avalible.....
ok so my suggestion is this, why not run the top end guys (WRC class) servers with realistic damage on the week 1, then run mid class (prodution and trophy) servers with reduced damage on week 2 and then the fresh/n00b drivers servers on reduced damage on the 3rd week.
since drivers are asked to sign up for that rally the wednesday before hand you can easily just not put up servers that wont have people running in them. also for a bit of fun people could also join in with other rallies out side there own class/ car for fun without there times/ points counting of course.

just a suggestion, and i understand this would make a bit extra work for admins sorting out servers and dates for every week.

Unfortunately, that would completely fragment the field, and also interfere with Warren's club rallies.

This type of segregation would virtually mean we have 3 different championships. No real point in cushioning slower folk this much. It prevents them from getting faster (or at least slows down the process). Tiered system and varied car classes should provide an easy enough learning curve.

Edit: Speaking to Lukasz about this post.

Having said that I'd like to ask: does anyone has any other valid, solid arguments against this kind of system?.

sorry but i don`t like your idea, problem i see is the pace notes on many stages are either wrong or badly called plus the damadge model just doesn`t seem logical at times and for a lot of people this takes the fun out of playing. if these falts could be fixed then i would welcome tuffer penalties for mistakes but some times the mistakes aren`t really at the fault of the driver. i`m all for simulating real Rallying as much as is practical but how often in real life does a marshal or camerman wait until your about to run him over before he dives for cover and its not just the fact that they do that but you never know for certain if you`ll get stopped for hitting him as sometimes i`ve carried on and others lost time because of the forst stop. and finaly even with this current league regs look how many people have dropped out already, if it wasent for new signups every event we would be really thin on the ground.

if it ain`t broke don`t fix it and i think this league is great and lovin it :D

Lukas i was able to read your whole post before you edited it and all you guys are going to do if you implement that harsh a system is drive people out of the championship. By all means make the top tier a realistic damage severe penalty regime for those that want to sign up for it but if you implement that harsh a rule across all levels you will only alienate those people who want to join and aren't at the elite level yet and drive them to join or create their own leagues on the RSCenter site.

My 0.02 on the matter.

Cheers Al

I am talking to Lukasz about his last post at the moment.

He is very adiment that we should have a more severe retirement system, and i told him to post the idea we came up with but HE would be the one to argue the point, not me. However, i have had a couple of PM's regarding the way it was writen as well as the system itself. Please bare with us as we are trying to get the rules finalised for post as we speak.

I've been reading the draft rules for S3.

They where talks about illegal cutting, when do you guys consider a cutting illegal?
Because in reality the margin is quite big. "Looking at Mcrae's field trip". ;)

but if we have a rule that says a DNF for a Stage means you retire from the entire Rally, then I repeat, I think that is harsh and will be a huge deterrent.

I realise that this rule hasn't been adopted yet, but I thought we were encouraging feedback on proposed options, and this option (if you retire from one stage then you retire from the entire rally) seems to be favoured by many here including some Staff (and you). All I did was to point out that this proposal might be harsh for someone who has a PC glitch. :confused:

Yep, i'm one of those guys with a glitch: i have to manually kill the RBR application in task manager after each stage.
That means the moment i'm finished a stage, i do CTRL+ ALT+ DELETE, look for RBR (not RSC) kill it, and so i go bakc to desktop.
If i don't do this i get a blue screen alot, wich then restarts the pc.
That's why sometimes it keeps on saying, RSC, that i'm still underway in a stage, while in reality i killed the car for example. Or sometimes it reads DNF when there is no DNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back