RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Updates: 12 September 2009

ferrari.gif
Ferrari
  • Garry Pullen
  • Resi Respati

Having a bad 7th season, Resi Respati had secured a contract with Ferrari, bringing him back to his old teammate (and a 3-time world champion himself), Garry Pullen. Will Garry bring back his glory days, after having a bad season last year?

jordan.gif
Jordan
  • Viljar Parts (R)

Forum Racing Newbie Vilijar Parts secured a contract with Jordan while the team is still looking for another driver to fill up his seats. Will Eddie Jordan find a driver and fill the spots just in time?

mclaren.gif
McLaren
  • Matthew Gutteridge
  • David Buxton

The best line-up we ever predicted so far, with the 2-time world champion David Buxton, and a rookie sensation from last season Matthew Gutteridge.

-bV-2.gif
Arrows
  • bduddy

Currently filled with a not-so shining rookie last season bduddy, Arrows will be desperately looking for points this season, although we can see bduddy's results last season are promising enough.

minardi.gif
Minardi
  • Marcus Probert

Another promising rookie last season Marcus Probert is also stuck in the bottom-field team of Minardi. Will his experiences in GPRO hold up against the slow Asiatech engine, and will he make himself up the field?

renault.gif
Renault
  • Niels Pedersen
  • Peter Duivelaar

As a strong runner from the last season, Niels easilt secured a contract with Renault, as Briatore finds him looks promising. With veteran Peter "Patrick" Duivelaar :)P) completing the seats, this will surely be a team to watch out for.

sauber.gif
Sauber
  • Kyle Evers (R)

Rookie Kyle Evers signed up with Sauber, hoping that he will get the shine in this season, and most importantly, not to let Peter Sauber down...

williams.gif
Williams
  • Ben Tusting
  • Rhys Gardiner (R)

After lost in the club, Ben Tusting came back and got a hold with Frank Williams. Frank, seeing Ben's awesome skills in the RD Racing Clubs, have agreed to sign Ben up for the team. He also signed up the newcomer Rhys Gardiner to train young guns as they move up the races.

jaguar.gif
Jaguar

• Dave Stephenson
Dave is back! After scoring zero points throughout the season, and was lost mid-season, Dave Stephenson finally get a hold of Jaguar, hoping to see a great comeback.

toyota.gif
Toyota

Little things are known about why Toyota haven't yet published their line-up, although some drivers have claimed that they are considering a space.

bar.gif
B.A.R

The season is almost begun, and yet no one applies for BAR. Only time will tell...

Team Updates: 14 September 2009

ferrari.gif
Ferrari
  • Garry Pullen
  • Resi Respati

Having a bad 7th season, Resi Respati had secured a contract with Ferrari, bringing him back to his old teammate (and a 3-time world champion himself), Garry Pullen. Will Garry bring back his glory days, after having a bad season last year?

jordan.gif
Jordan
  • Viljar Parts (R)

Forum Racing Newbie Vilijar Parts secured a contract with Jordan while the team is still looking for another driver to fill up his seats. Will Eddie Jordan find a driver and fill the spots just in time?

mclaren.gif
McLaren
  • Matthew Gutteridge
  • David Buxton

The best line-up we ever predicted so far, with the 2-time world champion David Buxton, and a rookie sensation from last season Matthew Gutteridge.

-bV-2.gif
Arrows
  • bduddy

Currently filled with a not-so shining rookie last season bduddy, Arrows will be desperately looking for points this season, although we can see bduddy's results last season are promising enough.

minardi.gif
Minardi
  • Marcus Probert

Another promising rookie last season Marcus Probert is also stuck in the bottom-field team of Minardi. Will his experiences in GPRO hold up against the slow Asiatech engine, and will he make himself up the field?

renault.gif
Renault
  • Niels Pedersen
  • Peter Duivelaar

As a strong runner from the last season, Niels easilt secured a contract with Renault, as Briatore finds him looks promising. With veteran Peter "Patrick" Duivelaar :)P) completing the seats, this will surely be a team to watch out for.

sauber.gif
Sauber
  • Kyle Evers (R)

Rookie Kyle Evers signed up with Sauber, hoping that he will get the shine in this season, and most importantly, not to let Peter Sauber down...

williams.gif
Williams
  • Ben Tusting
  • Rhys Gardiner (R)

After lost in the club, Ben Tusting came back and got a hold with Frank Williams. Frank, seeing Ben's awesome skills in the RD Racing Clubs, have agreed to sign Ben up for the team. He also signed up the newcomer Rhys Gardiner to train young guns as they move up the races.

jaguar.gif
Jaguar

• Dave Stephenson
  • Honk
Dave is back! After scoring zero points throughout the season, and was lost mid-season, Dave Stephenson finally get a hold of Jaguar, hoping to see a great comeback. Also another driver lost in time, Honk, has also signed a contract with Jaguar. Welcome back to both of them :D

toyota.gif
Toyota

Little things are known about why Toyota haven't yet published their line-up, although some drivers have claimed that they are considering a space.

bar.gif
B.A.R

The season is almost begun, and yet no one applies for BAR. Only time will tell...

Ok, time for an on the spot desicion.

Ok, I've decided that I no longer want to start races. Omer and Resi, share that between yourselves, knock yourself out :p

I am going to focus my attention soley on checking on rule breakers, keeping the stats up to date and being creative (race reports, news articles etc.). I am the statistics manager so to speak.

I may change my mind at a later date, but that is my position for the moment

Ok, time for my, slightly more detailed take on the teams.

ferrari.gif
Ferrari
  • Garry Pullen
  • Resi Respati
Luca di Montelemazilo has (like everyone else) suprised everyone by sacking both of his drivers and opting for two

Resi Respati has been up and down the championship over the years, and so, despite being the most fourth most raced man on the grid, is still something of an unknown. Garry Pullen on the other hand is a cert to be right up there, but recently has hit a bleak spot on the track, can he and Resi turn it around together. My predition: Yes. (Championship Prediction- 3rd)

jordan.gif
Jordan
  • Viljar Parts (R)
  • Bert Van Waes
Eddie Jordan played a wild card by signing unknown rookie Viljar Parts. Viljar has entered the current season as an independant and all of the signs show that Eddie has really won big here. Viljar will be partnered with one-time forum racer Bert Van Waes. If they can turn up to the races, I wouldn't bet against a victory or two. Ones to watch out for. (Championship Prediction 5th)

mclaren.gif
McLaren
  • Matthew Gutteridge
  • David Buxton
Ron Dennis once again proving he's no ameuter in the transfer market, has snapped up two-time champion David Buxton with one-hit wonder Matthew Gutteridge. David has recently however struggled to turn up to races, and Matthew is a little bit rusty having missed most of this season's races due to him helping the FIA in running Forum Racing, but if those problems can be sorted, then Ron's brilliance may once again shine through. Prost and Senna? Not a hope. (Championship Prediction= 2nd)

-bV-2.gif
Arrows
  • bduddy

If ever there was someone that deserved to win in Forum Racing, it was bduddy. A great trier, bduddy has recently struck lucky for the first time, and is definetly one of the most consistant drivers out there. Without a team-mate, he will struggle to win the constructors, but will definetly be one of the most formidable one-man teams (Championship Prediction- 8th)

minardi.gif
Minardi
  • Marcus Probert
  • Riccardo Rosset (R)

Paul Stoddart strikes lucky finally! Marcus Probert joins the team as one of the most sucessful forum racers in their debut season and member of the dominant PnP racing. Riccardo Rosset is an unknown, but if his Pitstopboss form is anything to go by, he's a massive threat. (Championship Prediction- 4th)

renault.gif
Renault
  • Niels Pedersen
  • Peter Duivelaar

Flavio Briatorie has scored again. Dominant Forum Racer Niels Pedersen partnered with his closest Championship rival, veteran Peter Duivilaar, will surely become a dominant partnership. Rivals McLaren and Ferrari will push them, but I think they just have the edge. Flavio 1:0 Everyone Else. (Championship Prediction- Champions)

sauber.gif
Sauber
  • Kyle Evers (R)
The Swiss Sauber outfit recruit rookie Kyle Evers to their ship. His skill is yet unknown, but letting Sauber down is not an option. Could he pull off a surprise? I wouldn't bet against it. (Championship Prediction- 9th)

williams.gif
Williams
  • Ben Tusting
  • Rhys Gardiner (R)

Frank Williams tempts Ben Tusting out of a semi-retirement and into a Williams, to partner new boy and Herman Tilke in the making, Rhys Gardiner. Ben has competed for the championship before, so he Rhys and Frank will be hoping for a repeat. Rhys is an unknown, but betting against him would be foolish. (Championship Prediction- 7th)

jaguar.gif
Jaguar

• Dave Stephenson
  • Honk
Two old hands, Honk and Dave Stephenson both make their Forum Racing comback in a Jaguar. Both have shown promise before, and Niki Lauda will be hoping for a big return but is it possible. I say: Yes (Championship Prediction- 6th)

toyota.gif
Toyota

New team Toyota have yet to release a statment regarding drivers but several drivers have claimed they are in talks

bar.gif
B.A.R

The season is almost begun, and yet no one applies for BAR. Only time will tell... As with Toyota, several teams claim to be speaking to BAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%