Race Department Forum Racing Season 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S MR. RETIRE HIMSELF
upload_2016-11-30_22-22-34.png
Right, well I hope this will go down well.
I've been told to keep Tim in for his race, because he wanted to dedicate the win to his dad (full story here). While this breaks our second agreement that he wouldn't actually race, I was absolutely fine letting him have a go in this unusual situaton, and I hope the rest of you are, too.
Back to my race report now.
Engberink makes yet another shock return, but an actual return this time, and as we're used to seeing, takes the win ahead of teammate Harvey, making it a Benetton 1-2 and elevating Benetton up in the WCC for the first time in a while now. Dovizioso lost out from a front row position and had to settle for 3rd, a good result for OMR, but the racer inside wanted more. Laad once again ended up beating Laskey, after the two raced Laskey's time penalty, but Laad eventually coming ahead by a whisker (or 2 minutes, to be exact), meaning the streak extends. Lutz had to settle for 6th, followed by the two McLarens, Keranen having a big penalty costing him track position. The fans also liked the scene of a second! Marvel-ous car, in the return of veteran Omer Said, however his performance was not as spectacular as his entrance.

What does this all mean for the championships? Well, Harvey failed to win the championship, because both of his rivals were in good positions, meaning the title battle extends into the United States. Tim's return means an extra 26 points for Benetton they wouldn't have normally got, and puts them back into being WCC favourites. The DS Virgins need to start winning now and hope Tim goes on another vacation or it might be over.
I'll have the possible outcomes up in a bit.

@Timmieturner12 Just talk about the race, what was the mindest coming into this round?
@Millsy24 are you a bit annoyed Tim just decided to join and steal the win from you?
@Dovi design how heartbreaking was losing a potential victory to Harvey in the closing stages?
@The_Laskinator Well, you got close this time, but can you beat Jim without a penalty?

@Timmieturner12 Just talk about the race, what was the mindest coming into this round?
I just want to say a big thanks to the Benetton team who got my car ready to race very quickly after I decided to do this race. I don't really know what the mindset was to be frank, I guess I really like the endurance races, I won it in 23 and 26 too so I guess that it helps having the experience of winning such races before. Like I mentioned I want to dedicate this one to my dad, a very special and emotional victory. It makes it even greater to see this kind of success with thea team. Very well driven @Millsy24 :thumbsup:

And also please just end this topic about "we had an agreement here and there and i or he won't race but drives anyway and shoshooo"

This game is and always was so simple: When you are avaible and want to get a result, finish the race. Otherwise just don't.

You can't really quit for this game, you just don't finish the race and fine. When you want to race anyway, finish the race (of course you needed to have signed up beforehand though). Simple.

Millsy24 are you a bit annoyed Tim just decided to join and steal the win from you?
Not at all, Tim can come and go as he wants to as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it will ultimately effect the drivers championship outcome (I hope).
:)
Overall another good podium for myself and a second 1-2 for the team this season

Right, responce time
And also please just end this topic about "we had an agreement here and there and i or he won't race but drives anyway and shoshooo"

This game is and always was so simple: When you are avaible and want to get a result, finish the race. Otherwise just don't.

You can't really quit for this game, you just don't finish the race and fine. When you want to race anyway, finish the race (of course you needed to have signed up beforehand though). Simple.
I'm not in disagreement, but I felt it was worth mentioning. It may not be to everyone's liking, obviously, which I'm very much used to here :roflmao:
Where are the driver standings btw?
Cheers for spotting that one, I've added them in.

In the meantime,
Podium:
dsc_0265.jpg

Championship outcomes:
upload_2016-12-1_0-8-14.png

• Deleted member 161052

Did I drop any positions after the penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back