RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then, so some little facts and stats about Season 21.

Aside from the unfortunate events at Red Bull, almost every team was able to secure a win this season, remarkable in showing the competitiveness of the championship. Garry Pullen however did get two top 5's in his two races, which is good enough for me. Jordan couldn't get a win but did get 7 podiums.

In 20 races, we had 11 different winners, with Florin Diaconescu notching up 4 wins, followed by Jimmy Laad and Alexander Macdonald with 3 each.

We had three rookies win in their first season, Tobi Kederer, Andrea Dovizioso and Lesley Buurlage, with the first two securing back to back wins. Along with them, Ben Herbert and Jimmy Laad both won their first race this season.

Hard luck story this season was that of Milos Ancevski, who although missing 7 races was able to finish 7th with five podiums. But a win was not amongst those, and as such has the unlucky title of highest placed driver without a win.

In 6 feature races, no one gained more than one pole. Not even teammates could take one between them. And incredibly, no one won more than one Feature Race, again sharing between 6 drivers and 6 teams.

Lastly, two drivers never found themselves ahead of their teammates all season. Ron Squire and Dhafin Rizki both were unable to be the teams lead car, in the case of Rizki, he was unable to get a top 10 either.

Now for the interesting bits, breaking down the season into Sprints and Features. This is always an interesting thing as it shows exactly where people got their points, as opposed to merely giving them all in a large jumble. Also, although there is only 6 feature races, there is a tad more skill involved in getting a decent result in them.
Sprints
S21 Sprint Races.jpg

Features
S21 Feature Races.jpg

As we can see, Laad and Diaconescu were incredibly close in Sprint Races, but Laad won the title off the back of his Features. His three podium places plus a pole position saw him well ahead of Florin, while it was Herbert who chased him in the Features. Wolf and Ancevski were the big winners from Features, while Macdonald languished 62 points behind Laad, and a mere point ahead of Kederer who only took part in one feature.
The sprints definitely show closer to the actual standings, save for a few anomalies.

And now, just as a bit of fun, I kept this hidden from everyone as I thought it would be interesting to see what would come about it. It is the Manufacturers Title, even though I said it wouldn't happen. A change in the way that it is run, now only the top scoring car with the said engine scores points for the championship. Here are the results:
S21 Manufacturers.jpg

Due to having 4 cars, Ferrari were able to keep a consistent season in which they failed to get top 5 points only twice. Renault fell in a hole mid season allowing Ford and Ferrari away, although Ford would later settle for 3rd.
The second table is there to see which car number was the lead car at each race, effectively showing who was doing the big work. Interesting to note that two manufacturers, Mercedes and Ford, were entirely led by one driver. Honda was too until the final race. Note that 18.2 in the Viper column denotes that there were two separate drivers in the #18 across the season.

And so with that, I hope that I gave some interesting facts and enough statistics to make your mouth water (if you are like me). I'll give a bit of time for people to digest this, before the thread is closed once and for all.

Thank you!

So ignoring Red Bull, Jordan was the only team not to get a win? Daam, we are so goddamn bad!

5 podiums and no win? Surely that needs to go into the record book: Most podiums without a win

And podiums are nothing, as Joel's signature says : "Being second is to be the first one to lose". Indeed I managed to do it 3 times!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back