RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAVID CARTER WINS IN AUSTRALIA
Reigning champion James Chant crashed

Lotus-will-appeal-against-Mercedes-AMG-novel-device-Formula-1-news-137727.jpg

David Carter trying to keep the distance to Aidan Keranen on the last lap of the race

Race1-2.jpg

David Carter started the 16th season of the RaceDepartment Forum Racing in the best possible way taking pole position and then driving his new Mercedes to the win. His new teammate Danny Asbury finished 3rd after a long battle with home driver Adian Keranen, Lotus, who finished 2nd. This means Mercedes takes a strong hold of the lead in the contructors championship with a 1st and a 3rd.
Carter: -Not a bad way to start the season.
Asbury: -Podium to start off my term at Mercedes, I can dig it. And David gets the win! Great start to the season!

The battle for 4th place was the biggest excitement of the race eventually being fought out by 5 diffrent drivers. In the end Peter Duivelaar, Ferrari, managed to make the last pass just three turns from the finish and got 4th place while Alexander MacDonald, HRT, finished 5th. Last years big surprise Jean-Francois Godin, this year with Ferrari, finished 9th.

Best rookie of the race was Bradley Vanian for Lotus who finished 7th. Totaly there are 4 rookies this season, but only two managed to finish the first race. Williams' late signing Hiroshi Awazu managed to limp home in 13th with a shattered front wing after contact with Sauber driver Zeynel Babacan a few laps from the finish. Reigning champions James Chant for Red Bull Racing crahsed half way through the race after he got a tire in the grass while braking for a turn sending him sideways in the the wall.

What's HOT!
Mercedes - Signed two new drivers for this season and had them finish 1st and 3rd in race 1.

What's NOT!
McLaren - Scott Malcolm and rookie Chris Jenkins tangled on lap 7 and both had to retire the race.

The next race comes from Circuit Park Zandvoort in the Netherlands, home of Peter Duivelaar, in just about one day.

Race1-1.jpg

GO GO GO !!! (Sprint Race)
%7B65411764-5DDB-45B1-8092-926C389A8E5.JPG

Race 2

Ciruit Park Zandvoort, Netherlands

On pole position we have Alexander MacDonald, but can Peter Duivelaar who finished 4th in the first race win at his home grand prix?

Race will finish in 3 days

Good Luck!

"I am pleased to have got a podium at Zandvoort after a disappointing race at Melbourne. The Drivers' Championship is very close now, as is the Teams' Championship. I think Aidan and I have a good chance to win the Teams' Championship after two podiums in the opening races and I expect a few wins after we bring some upgrades for the next rounds"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%