RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to rub it in Brian, but we won the constructors thanks to you, so thanks :)

+ + + + + Mod - Edit + + + + + Mod - Edit + + + + + Mod - Edit + + + + +

The Following User Says Thank You To Matthew Gutteridge For This Useful Post:
Thomas Hackel
:honk:​

If you do it do it now Daniel, because i'm going to write up the results and standings ;)

What a race! The most exciting race i have ever seen on RDFR :)

Higgins wins, Jordan gets the title!
Karthikeyan_%28Jordan%29_locking_brakes_in_qualifying_at_USGP_2005.jpg

The season's most exciting race has been finished. Polesitter Daniel Higgins, Andrei Bogdan, Matthew Gutteridge, Giorgos Davakos and Thomas Hackel had a breathtaking battle.

After the start, Ondrej Kapal spun and hit the barrier's at Druids bend. So Ferrari's hope of title vanished. And then a tremendous chase started between top 5. Higgins and Giorgos were leading the race until the first stops.

After the pits Davakos overtook Higgins. But then he got a 'drive through' penalty because of he exceeded the speed limit of the pit lane by just '1' mph. Then Davakos descended to 5th.

After Davakos's riddance, Higgins thought it will be calmer. But Bogdan did'nt let this happen. Just like Gutteridge. This crazy trio fought eachother until the finish line. But in the end Higgins won the race and brung Jordan it's first constructor's title. For this race, a special 10 points were reserved for the fastest lapper driver. And by doing the fastest lap, Daniel Higgins got the extra 10 points for his team. Eddie Jordan ran to Higgins and hugged him after the race. Jordan crew will have a sleepless night it seems.

At the last curve, Davakos overtook Hackel and made himself 4th in the driver's championship. Gutteridge was also happy for his team. With his podium, Honk Racing secured the 2nd position. With Kapal's crash, Ferrari decreased to 3rd. Jean Todt was depressed after the race.

At behind, no exciting fight occurred. Only Bell and Gamberini had a close battle but for a few laps. Gardiner, Duivelaar and Clancy had a disappointing race.

Results

1. D.Higgins ------------- Jordan --------------- 86 Laps
  2. C.A.Bogdan ----------- Ferrari --------------- +1.041s
  3. M.Gutteridge ---------- Honk Rac ------------ +1.892s
  4. G.Davakos ------------ Red Bull -------------- +3.432s
  5. T.Hackel -------------- Honk Rac ------------ +3.946s
  6. A.Gamberini ----------- Red Bull -------------- +34.435s
  7. M.Bell ---------------- Minardi --------------- +37.431s
  8. P.Duivelaar ----------- Sauber --------------- +1 Lap
  9. R.Gardiner ------------ Minardi --------------- +2 Laps
  10. B.Clancy ------------- Jordan ---------------- +3 Laps
So THOMAS HACKEL wins the FORUM RACING SEASON 11!!!! CONGRULATIONS THOMAS!!! THAT WAS A FASCINATING PERFORMANCE!!!!
images

drivers20.jpg

JORDAN wins the CONSTRUCTOR's TITLE of FORUM RACING SEASON 11!!!!! WHAT A TEAM!!! CONGRULATIONS DANIEL HIGGINS and BRIAN CLANCY!!!!
images

teams20.jpg

STATISTICS

Wins Drivers

1. Thomas Hackel ------------------------------ 6 Wins
  2. Peter Duivelaar ------------------------------ 4 Wins
  3. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, Ondrej Kapal ------ 3 Wins
  4. Daniel Higgins ------------------------------- 2 Wins
  5. Mike Bell, Rhys Gardiner --------------------- 1 Wins
Wins Teams

1. Honk Racing, Ferrari ---------------- 6 Wins
  2. Sauber ---------------------------- 4 Wins
  3. Jordan, Minardi -------------------- 2 Wins
Interesting Fact: Red Bull drivers have no victory in this season.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Podium Finishes(2nd-3rd) Drivers

1. Thomas Hackel, Daniel Higgins ------------------------------ 8 Podiums
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, Giorgos Davakos ----------------- 5 Podiums
  3. Alessandro Gamberini --------------------------------------- 4 Podiums
  4. Ondrej Kapal, Mike Bell, Rhys Gardiner, Matthew Gutteridge --- 2 Podiums
  5. Peter Duivelaar, Brian Clancy -------------------------------- 1 Podium
Interesting Fact: All drivers scored podium finishes.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Retirements

1. Alessandro Gamberini -------------------------------------- 3 Dnfs
  2. Ondrej Kapal, Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan -------------------- 2 Dnfs
  3. Daniel Higgins, Brian Clancy, Giorgos Davakos, Rhys Gardiner - 1 Dnf
Interesting Fact: If Daniel Higgins did'nt get 1 dnf, he could be the champion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rookies Standings

1. Daniel Higgins
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  3. Giorgos Davakos
  4. Ondrej Kapal
  5. Mike Bell
  6. Brian Clancy
  7. Alessandro Gamberini
Interesting Fact: This was a year of rookies, only 4 experienced drivers participated in the season.
-------------------------------------------------------

Some Thoughts and Facts

• Low budget team Honk Racing surprised all with it's fast car.
  • Matthew Gutteridge disappointed his fans. His teammate Hackel became the champion while he finished the season as the last. But final 2 races gave him hope for the next season.
  • Even had 4 wins, Peter Duivelaar of Sauber had a very incontistent season and failed.
  • If Alessandro Gamberini did'nt have those 3 consecutive dnfs, he could be on a much more higher position.
  • Mike Bell and Giorgos Davakos had a bad first half, but at the 2nd half of the season they rose up with decent results.
  • Rhys Gardiner lost his pace after the first half of the season and got down.
  • Brian Clancy was the most vagabond driver of the season.
  • No team could make a double finish.
  • For the first time of a ForumRacing, no drivers went AWOL. A BIG THANKS TO YOU GUYS, THAT WAS THE MOST GREATEST SEASON i HAVE EVER HAD ON RD. THANKS and HOPE TO SEE YOU AT NEXT SEASON ASWELL ;)

Awesome season for Jordan, Gratz to Thomas for title and to Jordan and my Teamie Daniel for bringing home the constructors title:D.

I had a terrible end to the season with pit babe problems (she insisted I went shopping:frown:). Hope me and Dan will race together for Jordan next season and we can pull off the double:D.

Thanks to Omer and all the racers for a great first season for me, huge fun and cant wait for the next one :doublethumb:

Omer, why am I most 'Vagabond'????????? loooool

This season of Forum Racing saw Rhys Gardiner finish a disappointing 10th in the drivers standings. The now-seasoned driver was caught after the end of the race at Donington for a chat in the post-race press conference. Here's what he had to say when looking back on his season:

Definitely one of the more... erm... "interesting" seasons of RDFRC for me. It had its highlights and lowlights, like every one of my seasons so far... for sure the best point of the season was taking Minardi's first win in Germany, and the worst part of the season was, erm... pretty much the entire second half. It was abysmal.
Still, congratulations must go to Mike for getting 8th in the drivers standings - that is especially hard to achieve when you're a rookie, let alone driving the slowest car in the field at the beginning of the season. Well, it was SUPPOSED to be the slowest car, at least... I think both me and Mike proved the doubters wrong. Team management had better keep those cookies coming for Mike, he's got a bright career ahead of him.
Next season? Well, I guess the main aim is to do better, as always. In every other RD racing series, my bad luck has gone for now, but it remains in full force in RDFRC. I just wasn't on it this season, despite my early success. I'm not sure what the deal is with my team choice for next season, but I'm thinking I'll stay at Minardi for the time being. Still, who knows what could happen?
Congratulations to Thomas for his dominating title, and congratulations also to Daniel and Brian for the constructor's championship - let's hope their pit babe woes are gone next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%