1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RaceDepartment Club now open in Playstation Home

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Kevin Watts, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Have you guys considered setting up a club in Playstation's HOME service? it might help draw in some new racers. You get your own virtual club house where you can meet, chat with other members and leave notices on the bulletin board for organsing events etc.

2. Its a good idea.... b ut 1 problem is my ISP have disabled peer to peer so i cant use home at all anymore. Im defo changing ISP asap.
  3. Great idea actually. That's what it was set up for :D
    But someone will need to pay the small fee for the property.
  4. I don't mind doing that, as far as I know its only £4.99 I just didn't want to do it in case someone from the RD staff did.
  5. Oops

Premium Member

Did anyone ever setup a clubroom :car2: and if so where?
  6. There is now a club for RaceDepartment members to join in the Playstation HOME online community. The club is called 'RaceDepartment' (original huh? :) ) and we have a furnished club house to meet and chat over voice or text about our favourite racing games. The HOME environment is constantly evolving with new features and will hopefully provide a good platform for meeting and arranging races and also finding new friends who may not be aware of the RaceDepartment community. For those who don't have a PS3 or not tried HOME here are a few pictures showing this new online meeting place:

View from side of stage where Bram can address the nation :)

View of various seating area's to meet up

Bulletin board for posting quick messages

7. Oops

Premium Member

Im searching for Race Department but it says "list is empty" :waiting:
    Its ok I found it by searching for race :D
  8. Thanks Kevin

I have just applied to join.
    PSN ID: ennisfargis

See you in there.

9. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I wont mind having such in house in real life :D
  10. Nice one Kevin, now to find some old arcade cabinets to put in the club, Outrun, Chase HQ and Championship Sprint anyone?
  11. Awesome... Now I have a reason to get back in.

Cheers Kevin :D
  12. Yes I wish the properties and furniture were as cheap in real life having just shelled out over a grand for a new sofa/suite for my real home!

Heh the moment they release anything like that be sure it will appear in the club house :) Another club I used to frequent had some NAMCO stand up machine cabinets for games but it involved shennanigans setting up a Japanese Playstation Network account and installing the NAMCO museum add-on. Sony have been suspending accounts recently for people doing things like this and signing up in the US to get demo's early etc so I don't want to risk that, besides everyone who wants to play the machine has to do the same thing.

So far as the club goes perhaps we should start planning for some weekly events maybe a regular race meet in a game on a given night or perhaps have a hot lap competition in GT5P as I suggested in another thread where each week the slowest placed driver picks the car and track combination for the following week etc.
  13. Well iv had an idea for simple time trials on GT5 Pro. Basically we go through eachn track using a different car And post your laps.
  14. We could have a sort of Racing Club discussion for the PS3. SOmething along those lines. Does everyone have a PS3 compatible mic?
  15. Yes I have the official PS3 mic
  16. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Cool im there!!
  17. I applied to join, accept meeeeee! :p
  18. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I'll apply as soon as I get my PUS3 back from me bro.
  19. Can anyone vouch for this person? :tongue: