RaceDepartment Awards: Race Game of the Year 2013

Is MP the be all and end all of how good a sim is? At the moment AC is EA and will have MP very shortly, already its become many peoples sim of choice, pulling them away from rF2 and iRacing etc. Just wait for the MP to arrive and its going to go intergalactic.

No, but for simraces who mainly drive in leagues, it's important. I am one of those guys. I own it, but can't use it for any league at the moment. Shortly..., what is shortly? 2 days? 2 weeks? 2 months? There isn't a release date for MP so far... We are all waiting for multiplayer on AC and R3E, while there are good other games on the market like iRacing, rFactor2, GSC2013 in which you can drive against your fellow simracers!

It's not that i don't like AC, it drives very well. But in my opinion a good sim can't live without multiplayer these days.

No, but for simraces who mainly drive in leagues, it's important. I am one of those guys. I own it, but can't use it for any league at the moment. Shortly..., what is shortly? 2 days? 2 weeks? 2 months? There isn't a release date for MP so far... We are all waiting for multiplayer on AC and R3E, while there are good other games on the market like iRacing, rFactor2, GSC2013 in which you can drive against your fellow simracers!

It's not that i don't like AC, it drives very well. But in my opinion a good sim can't live without multiplayer these days.

It has been stated by the devs it will be here before 1.0, which means within the next 6 weeks from what i have gathered from Marco Massaruto on facebook.

I voted Game Stock Car 2013.
I love Assetto Corsa and also Iracing but as an overall package,Game Stock Car 2013 can't be beat.

Brilliant physics,the sensation of speed is truly felt and the ai are terrific also and a wide variety of car types,even carts are represented and the graphics are amazing when you consider the base of this game is the aging RFactor engine.Even the menus have been given a spruce up and every controller is catered for.
Can't wait to see what they do with the Senna game.

Assetto Corsa in second place as it isn't fully finished yet and 2013 has clicked by.

At this stage ,it is in pole position for taking out racing game for 2014.
The closest thing to Iracing,some could argue it's better without the subscription fee.
Magnificent tyre on track feel which Kunos are famous for with the very underrated Netkar Pro sim.
Love the widget idea also.The Rivali Tempo widget mod has been a godsend while we all wait for ai and online play.This is truly the sleeping giant of racing games.

My next game after Iracing would be F1 2013.

I think they have done a terrific job getting the feel of Formula one racing and the control in the latest iteration is much more refined and the ai are more believable than previous offerings.
I enjoy juggling tyre types,fuel mixture,drs and kers.
It really gives a more truer representation of F1 racing.The only downside I have is sometimes the random black screens but maybe it's because of my aging hardware (qx9650,gtx 570) than anything else.

Can't wait to see the 2014 F1 version which will utilise the power of PS4 Xbox One's hardware.

I will end saying Iracing is the best for online play.
You do have to pay a fee though but I think if you love your racing, IRacing is a nobrainer.
Driving the McLaren MP4 around Bathurst is driving sex.

Last edited:
I diden't play all of them. My vote went to Rfactor 2 because of the physics and the variety of cars (with mods its possible to drive almost any car in the world).

Iracing hands down. I play to compete. F1 2013 damage model is too limited and physics too bad. Ac only competition is using rsr timing app.

The new RUF is glorious.

I don't get the whole price excludes iracing from being great. Does the price of a Ferrari make it a worse car than a BMW 320d? Of course it doesn't.

I love AC and I have near 90 hours up on it so far but it doesn't hold a candle to iracing when it comes to actual racing.

I own rfactor2, gsc 2013, race room exp, f1 2013, truck 2013, iracing, AC. Pretty much every new race title except DTM. All great games but it comes down to what I enjoy the most, and.that's beating real people on the track.

Last edited:
It has to be Reiza for me as they've done amazing things with the old engine with the physics and superb FFB especially the amazing feel in Formula Truck!!

AC will most likely get my vote in future as it is only in beta for me so I didn't consider it for a vote this year.

Not good to see how low down rF2 is so far!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%