RaceDepartment Awards: Race Game of the Year 2013

To everyone who voted for AC take another look at the question....Best "RACE" game.........who the hell can you race against in AC?????. The clock.....

It's intended to be a race game, and just because it's early release, doesn't void that fact. Everybody can see the direction it's going, and the massive potential.

Don't be so pedantic about the terminology. It's obviously a racing game.

AC appears but where is PCars ?
AC is still not released.
I voted GSC 2013 but Formula Truck 2013 is a great race game too.

PCars is not publicly released, in other words closed Beta, whereas AC is open to the public.

I don't get the hate on here towards AC, to be honest. In terms of gameplay so far, it has done everything right.

PCars is not publicly released, in other words closed Beta, whereas AC is open to the public.

I don't get the hate on here towards AC, to be honest. In terms of gameplay so far, it has done everything right.

This is not hate but it is not finished. I like AC on it currently offers but how to say this is the game of the year when we do not have everything available to compare. I have high hopes for this game. I think it will be for me the game of 2014 but not this year.

This is not hate but it is not finished. I like AC on it currently offers but how to say this is the game of the year when we do not have everything available to compare. I have high hopes for this game. I think it will be for me the game of 2014 but not this year.

I get what you're saying.

However, for us who voted for it, it is already better in its current state than all of the other voting options available. This is the end criteria for this poll, after all.

I vote for rFactor 2.

The multiplayer is working great.
Assetto Corsa is also looking good, but the important thing is the multiplayer feature.
When that is good you have also a great game.

Last edited:
What gameplay? Driving around alone? Great racing :)
And its not hate, its objectivity.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Obviously the game is still a W.I.P, thus not even close to a complete package as IRacing or GSC or Formula Truck, but just because there's no MP or AI just yet doesn't mean the game is obsolete.
The car models and handling (aka: Gameplay) are already leaps and bounds more realistic than the vast majority of the sim racing world.

Sure the game isn't complete right now, but it has unbridled potential. But what amazes me most is the fact that it's being meticulously designed by just 10 guys... TEN!! The fact that they've made what they have so far is just amazing.

...Ohh, and they just acquired the licence to Laserscan the Nordshleife and the Ferrari F70. :whistling:

I like RACE 07 with the fully upgrade able platform that allows you to use independent mods that wont crash on steam like F1 2012.
Its a fully fantasy setup where you can choose cars and tracks. A lot of the best ones like Zolder and Brands Hatch. Its like GTR without the quirky motion.
I run a Formula One Championship and a Sports-car one with a Molsler and could run a Touring Car or a F3000 if i felt like it.
My only beef is the pit-stops are to long. And garages are bare. SIMBIN say on face book they don't have time to fix this bug.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Obviously the game is still a W.I.P, thus not even close to a complete package as IRacing or GSC or Formula Truck, but just because there's no MP or AI just yet doesn't mean the game is obsolete.
The car models and handling (aka: Gameplay) are already leaps and bounds more realistic than the vast majority of the sim racing world.

Sure the game isn't complete right now, but it has unbridled potential. But what amazes me most is the fact that it's being meticulously designed by just 10 guys... TEN!! The fact that they've made what they have so far is just amazing.

...Ohh, and they just acquired the licence to Laserscan the Nordshleife and the Ferrari F70. :whistling:
. Keep the facepalm for yourself buddy, your are rating something for its potencial, things that are not existing atm. You are talking about mp or ai like it wouldn t be the base of a RACING game. They are, it can t compete with any atm, not even with GRID 2. I wish you race with AC a full year as it is NOW....:sleep: Have fun!

. Keep the facepalm for yourself buddy, your are rating something for its potencial, things that are not existing atm. You are talking about mp or ai like it wouldn t be the base of a RACING game. They are, it can t compete with any atm, not even with GRID 2. I wish you race with AC a full year as it is NOW....:sleep: Have fun!

I think you misread my previous post a little bit.
You're claiming that, because AC doesn't have AI or Multiplayer yet, it shouldn't be classified as a racing game, since there's nothing to race against; which in a way, I can kind of see the logic behind that point of view, even though I disagree with it.

All I'm saying is that even though there is currently nothing to race against, it's still a racing sim, and a bloody good one at that.

And it got my vote for the reasons outlined in post #13 of this thread.

Well, I do "race the clock" a lot these days but for the moment that is about all I have time for so it comes down to what do I enjoy most and play most. For me that has been AC since it was available. I really enjoy driving R3E also and have spent a lot of time trying new tracks and cars in that game but AC is different enough that I am really enjoying the game play even if it isn't "racing" in a technical sense. The best thing for 2013 is that we have plenty of good choices and I can't wait to see what develops in 2014. It is going to be a great year for Driving sims!! - Happy 2014 to all of you!

Cannot understand how F1 2013 The Game got that much votes and rFactor, twice better than that, is not even in the contest

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back