RaceDepartment 24/7 Hotlap Competition!

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
247.jpg

Before you take a look at the password, please be 100% sure you read the few rules below:
  • YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL NAME!
    • Create a new profile in the game if needed.
    • Write your name as you learned at school: First name with one capital letter followed by your last name with one captital letter. Like the green example
      • Good: Yoeri Gijsen
      • Wrong: YOERI GIJSEN
      • Wrong: yoeri gijsen
      • Wrong: YOERIGIJSEN
      • Wrong: Gijsen Yoeri
      • Wrong: Yoeri.Gijsen
      • Wrong: Yoeri GIJSEN
    • People who keep logging in in with nicknames on the STATS server risk a ban from the Racing Club
  • Don't spread the password outside the racing club
  • Don't ask in a thread why your time is not appearing. It will update every 24 hours.
  • All times will appear on the brand new hotlaps site
  • The hotlaps servers are available in the RACE 07 / GTR Evo / STCC lobby and called RACEDEPARTMENT STATS
  • Password for the server: click here
  • Can't see the password? Then you need to become a Racing Club member first: click here

• SimbinRacer

What is a racing club member? I didn't get any password when clicking the pwrd link. How on earth Rickard Javanainen pulled a 1:46:431 with Alfa Romeo 156 GTA on Magny-Cours is beyond me. I ran that track with the same car for hours this weekend and was 3 seconds off-pace compared to Rickard above...
I'd love to see his setup because I sure tweaked my setup alot during those hours and ended up chasing tenths.

I agree and can vote for that. A good setup in a novice hand won't add 3seconds on a average length track or it might even make the time worse depending on your style of driving (from which I know nothing in anycase).

The default setups are not bad at all (bear gear ratios) and you will come very close to the real pace if you keep at it.

What I am trying to say is when you think you know enough and can drive like a ace, go back and do some more practising. Every day you will discover something new depending on your commitment.

:lol: and all of the shite above coming from a newbie myself :rotfl:

It's not the setup that makes you 3 seconds faster, its practice :)

• SimbinRacer

All people in blue on the forum with a real name are racing club members. Membership applications you can file here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=6 (read the 3 steps closely)

About the 1:46. Before the leaderboard reset i think their were even faster times on the board. It's not the setup that makes you 3 seconds faster, its practice :)
Yeah I know practice counts for alot I usually come much closer than that of people considered being the best in my country. I'm doing something very wrong that I usually don't is all I'm saying :confused2:. Just can't figure out what it can be.

It doesn't relate to above but are all same class cars considered to have potential to reach the best times in WTCC and STCC? I become unsure of these things after I drove the same alfa with same settings in Race 06 and Race 07 on the same 06 Monza track and suddenly cut over 2 seconds of my best lap in Race 07 version.

The thing is on Monza where I pushed and pushed and then went to qulifying with the same settings I cut a second from seemingly nowhere. And then the same thing happened on Knutstorp Ring. And then I see the AI doing the same thing. But they might always just be running race simulation settings for the both practice sessions, what do I know? What I do know is that I run qualifying simulation practice in P2. I chase tenths during these practices and suddenly in qualifying I cut a whole second. Twice. Is that a freak event that happened to me or is there others that have experienced the same thing? I mean, every person that has been playing racing games for a while (let alone for years and years) can feel when a lap is fast. When the lap feels ordinarily fast and you get a stunning time, I just get a fishy feeling. And on top of that run different times in Race 06 and 07 (same car, same track, kinda the same game by the same developer) and hear from a great racer that he will swap the Alfa for Volvo C30 next race to be more competitive (could be a matter of preference that makes him faster, could be).

It makes me uncertain about, shall we call it: "stuff". Does anyone else recognise any of this or is it just me?

Finally I want to restate that I agree fully that practice makes perfect and keep plugging laps will keep improving laptimes even after hundreds of laps.

Yeah I know practice counts for alot I usually come much closer than that of people considered being the best in my country. I'm doing something very wrong that I usually don't is all I'm saying :confused2:. Just can't figure out what it can be.

It doesn't relate to above but are all same class cars considered to have potential to reach the best times in WTCC and STCC? I become unsure of these things after I drove the same alfa with same settings in Race 06 and Race 07 on the same 06 Monza track and suddenly cut over 2 seconds of my best lap in Race 07 version.

The thing is on Monza where I pushed and pushed and then went to qulifying with the same settings I cut a second from seemingly nowhere. And then the same thing happened on Knutstorp Ring. And then I see the AI doing the same thing. But they might always just be running race simulation settings for the both practice sessions, what do I know? What I do know is that I run qualifying simulation practice in P2. I chase tenths during these practices and suddenly in qualifying I cut a whole second. Twice. Is that a freak event that happened to me or is there others that have experienced the same thing? I mean, every person that has been playing racing games for a while (let alone for years and years) can feel when a lap is fast. When the lap feels ordinarily fast and you get a stunning time, I just get a fishy feeling. And on top of that run different times in Race 06 and 07 (same car, same track, kinda the same game by the same developer) and hear from a great racer that he will swap the Alfa for Volvo C30 next race to be more competitive (could be a matter of preference that makes him faster, could be).

It makes me uncertain about, shall we call it: "stuff". Does anyone else recognise any of this or is it just me?

Finally I want to restate that I agree fully that practice makes perfect and keep plugging laps will keep improving laptimes even after hundreds of laps.
I believe the grip levels increase and decrease depending on what type of session you are running. Race session has 10% more than practice and qualy has 10% more than race. Or so I've heard.

I become unsure of these things after I drove the same alfa with same settings in Race 06 and Race 07 on the same 06 Monza track and suddenly cut over 2 seconds of my best lap in Race 07 version.

You can't compare RACE 06 and RACE 07 since they have different physics..

hey bram, any idea of when this server is getting fixed? :D I got more time now for sim racing again so I could do a couple of laps on the server now in the weekends

The hotlap server is not coming back. Please read all about we have arranged it now here in this thread

• SimbinRacer

Ok. I'll compare track temps next time.

I'd be great to hear what people think of whether all cars in the same class are equally competitive or not.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%