• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Racecraft Build 0.5.2 Update Deployed

Discussion in 'Racecraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,109
    Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 4.jpg
    Vae Victis Games have released a new build update to their interesting Procedural technology racing game Racecraft, adding several new gameplay features amongst other solid updates to the title.

Build 0.5.2 brings the much need 'Quick Race' mode to the game, now featuring collidable AI players each containing their own behavioural traits. This should greatly enhance the offline single player racing experience in Racecraft, something the game has been lacking since its initial launch back in March.

You can read the full build 0.5.2 release notes below:
    • Gameplay: Quick Race mode (collisions enabled)
    • Gameplay: Each AI has its own procedurally generated behavior, with peculiar stats and features
    • Physics: More stable car when braking
    • GUI: TV-style camera views behind menu screens
    • GUI: GUI fixes and improvements

Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update.jpg Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 2.jpg

Racecraft is available right now on the Steam Early Access programme. Head over to the Steam Store and check out the title today!

Don’t forget to visit our Racecraft forum right here on RaceDepartment for all latest news and discussion on the title.

Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 3.jpg Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 5.jpg Racecraft build 0.5.2 Update 6.jpg

Have you tried the new update yet? How do you feel the game is progressing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +164
    whats the ffb like in this game?

3. Fabio Cristi - Vae Victis

Fabio Cristi - Vae Victis

Ratings:
    +42
    Really good, but I'm one of the developers, so let's hear what other guys from the forum are saying. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  4. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp

Ratings:
    +161
    whats the ffb like in this game?

Haha exactly my first thought too.

5. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +164
  6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Is there VR support yet ?

EDIT .
    ok so I see it has Vr support , has anybody tried this , how dose it handle Vr .

Racecraft has been developed with VR in mind. The driving menu allows interaction with the cars during the races without losing focus. The entire game UI is usable without taking your hands off the wheel or joypad. This system is called SixInput, for steering wheel users, seats and/or a VR headset. The game also implements voice commands and a “virtual track engineer” who will help the driver improving his racing experience by talking about tracks,

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  7. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up!

Ratings:
    +111
    I think the game is coming along very nicely. Getting better and better. I was not that impressed when I won a key here at RD and tried Racecraft. But all the updates have really improved it - a lot. The FFB in my opinion - (and with my modest Logitech Driving Force wheel) is really good. I can feel all I need to feel, within the limitations of the wheel again. I look more and more forward to the continued development of this game.
    I do not own a Vr set, so I cannot comment on the Vr support and -quality.

And it´s all just an opinion of course, as always. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Marocco2

Marocco2

Ratings:
    +201
    My Driving Force GT is facing some problems (inverted pedals value). Can you make a fix for this?

9. JoeAMGC63

JoeAMGC63

Ratings:
    +15
    I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm always looking for something new. Procedural tracks sound interesting to me.

10. Fabio Cristi - Vae Victis

Ratings:
    +42
    Not yet.

Hello Joe, VR support is still in the works (we had to code it from scratch), so if you want to buy it just for playing with VR, it's better you still wait for a few months.

Thanks a LOT, Ole! :)

Have you tried recalibrating the wheel?

If that doesn't work, can you please send to support@playracecraft.com, all .log files contained in the /Racecraft folder and the options.ini file? This way we can have a look at your issue after we came back from the holidays. Thanks.

Great! Let us know what you think about that! :)

Happy New Year to everybody!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Ole Andreasen

Ole Andreasen
    Hey... wait up!

Ratings:
    +111
    And right back at you guys developing Racecraft. I look forward to the version 1.0 - a lot. :)

12. Fabio Cristi - Vae Victis

Ratings:
    +42
    If anyone else has questions, I'm here to answer. :)