1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Race: WTCC on rFactor

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by FOG-Racecarmike, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sell your copies of Race because it is on rFactor now. Runs just the same, but runs smoother. There is the Mini's, WTCC 1989 and WTCC recent are on there. But not all the cars are on there yet. Expect a patch soon... it is only the beta... the patch will have all the cars.

Have fun!

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am sorry to inform you mikey but as a RACE community we dont support this stealing of an official game.
    The game was fully stolen because they decrypted the datafiles from the steamfolder. So it is a 100% stolen conversion without permission and therefore we dont support it

3. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

This is true, Race files can be decrypted very easy.

If you look at the screenshots of this mod, you clearly see it's a 100% conversion.

I will test the mod but i stay with Race because of the official tournament's.

I see this just as a nice to have and wanna try mod.

4. I have edited THIS post because I did not want to start an argument... peace.

5. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

6. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Believe me, this is a conversion.

I just did a file compare to the 2 WTCC's.

The files are exactly the same, even some files have the same date and time if i look into the steam files.

They also included all default setups for all Race tracks. Those tracks arent availeble in the MOD for RF, So this proves they took the TEAMS folder from the Race and converted it to a VEHICLES\RACEX folder, all files are there and have the same size.

I work into software business for 10 years now, i know how to compare files, believe me.

But, overall it is nice to have and test, not for a tournament, just fun racing.

7. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

This topic can be closed now as i proved it is a conversion.

8. Can I just ask how you do a file compare? Isn't that ILLEGAL as well?

9. Bram

Bram

There are some ways to open up RACE. You see them wit ridicilous laptimes driving around.
    So when those datafiles are modded you can easely mod the entire game i guess.
    Its a pity this happens all the time because it spoils the fun in online racing sometimes when you cant keep them out!

10. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Comparing isn't illegal, decrypting a game and convert it for another game is illegal. I compared the files because of this thread.

To compare the files you first have to decrypt the game. I know how to do that but i will never use it to cheat.

There are several tools to compare files. Use google and you will find them.

11. This conversion is stolen .......damn !! but will it be supported by ISI ???
    Will they just allow ppl to run it ?? also on dedi servers ??
    That would be weird . All though i think its great if a WTCC mod for Rfactor is made ,but not if its stolen.

12. Ah well, GTL & GTR2 are out for rFactor as well.. I guess we have to deal with it :)

13. Sander and I were racing in these and are very nice. ;)

14. Yeah, I even like them better than in RACE.. and this is only the beta.. :)

15. Bram

Bram

When i steal a ferrari from the local dealership and i am going to drive in it on the highway i think it will race nice as well :). but i dont do it :(

---Topic locked---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.