1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RACE TWO - Oulton Park International Grand Prix; 6/13/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Oulton Park International Grand Prix
    British GT Championship
    6/13/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Cars: Any GT3 Car
    Track: Oulton Park International
    Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (31 laps, including formation lap)
    (This is a "Short" race = approx. 1h)
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2015 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 01:33.877
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 2x
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Audi RM8 Ultra #43
    2. Jalen Vaughn / Sentry Bravo / McLaren MP4-12C #23
    3. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / McLaren MP4-12C #60
    4. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #76
    5. Michael Watts / michaei watts / BMW Z4 #82
    6. Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ Ruf GT3 #__
    7. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser / Aston Martin GT3
    8. Rob Poelmans / Rob46 Be/ Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 #59
    9. Kevin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Bentley Continental #88

1. For shorter than one hour ("Short" races), no pit stop is required. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  2. Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Audi GT3 #50
  3. Rob

My session this AM got me to 1:36.027. Have a feeling that's not going to cut it, but this is a new track, so I think there may be a couple seconds to shave hopefully. It's one of the laser scanned tracks and such a fun ride!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm going to try to spend a bit of time with the game this week to see how my pad times compare to the wheel times you guys have been putting in at Silverstone and then here. Never driven this circuit in any game so I am definitely looking forward to some time here :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Rob

You will love it! Tough one to learn on a pad, but has a nice flow, despite being in the countryside. It's that natural terrain track magic coming around again I guess! However, if you bear my time with a pad I will hunt you down and rip it out of your hands. lol.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. I think my pad is safe lol. I was about 2 or 3 seconds off your time at Brands I think which is a track I know well so at this one I expect the gap to be significantly greater but i'll have some fun regardless of that, albeit on my own lol.
  7. Love chucking a car into turn 1 here
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'll probably be able to make it this week.
    Jalen Vaughn / Sentry Bravo / McLaren #23
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mclaren MP4-12C #60 (teh blue one) This should be interesting with these cars....

Just wish they had more touring car circuits like Thuxton & Croft
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts/michaei watts/ BMW Z4 #82
    Just signed a new contract with Nvidia Graphics cards and Slightly Mad Studios.
    Fun track its super bumpy and very tight. It will probably be a lot like Monoco. I really enjoy turn 4, reminds me of NASCAR short track.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Rob

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, this track reminds me of Bristol there, and also Zandvoort :inlove: in general. Very tight, but if the Blancpain GT Series and the DTM cars can go to Zandvoort, we can run here.
  12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

It feels like you really have to drive this track very aggressively and it demands your full attention unlike Silverstone where you can kind of take a break on the straights. I feel like I really have to hustle the car through the fast corners and I'm probably on the throttle a lot through the corners. There will be no resting of the brake foot and you just have to drive it like you stole it all the time and hit your marks as there is no room for errors. I ran a Mock race last night and did well in qualifying (better than expected) But I still need to pick up another 2 tenths, I think to be a threat for the pole. Also..I'm hoping we don't have many lap cars as its still nearly impossible to get a clean pass in, even on Lap cars. There is barely any place on this track to go two wide. Passes will probably be made from people going wide or driving off the course judging from my race last night with the AI.
  13. Rob

Agree. And because of that, the "perfect lap" is probably years in the making and very hard to put together on any consistent basis. Even another day has seen me get close to 1:35 now. But it still feels like there is time to be had since every time you go around, you are in attack mode, like you said, and you can pick out small errors here or there.
  14. Tbh im just surprised that neither of you have ever heard or played Oulton Park :laugh:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf Porsche #76. The Porsche will be doing a test session tomorrow for the race on saturday. As long as the driver makes it back in time for race he will be there. If not I believe a former driver of a television show may take his place...some say...
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rob

I'm not sure we could have. What other game was it on? But yea, I'll admit there are tons of gems in Europe and Great Britain that I have never heard of. I know many here. Like VIR in SW Virginia. Awesome track. Nobody knows it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Im assuming you never got Toca Race Driver in America then :) Ive been watching some american racing recently think last one was at Belle Isle. Thruxton would be a favorite in America it's like an oval but with corners...
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rob

Oh I wish my online racing went back that far...but I was actually on the track and up to various shenanigans back then. I've hear Toca was a great game though. And @Peter Hooper mentions another one all the time too. It's good that we seem to be headed back in to the same direction with getting closer to real life instead of cops and robbers.

Good to hear you are getting IndyCar over there and it's getting some viewers. I think it's poised for a comeback. It just needs to hang in there, diversify the schedule outside of America, and make the cars a bit more sleeker and faster (those rear bumpers are so ugly, but the aero packages are not and add interesting strategy), and it will become what it was back in the early 90s of CART fame.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. mcnasty1

Eric cline /McNasty0421/ ruf gt8 gt3 ud media..#81
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rob

Weather For Races:
    Slightly foggy for qualifying and warm up, clearing to cloudy only for race.