1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Race Track Builder goes to Steam Greenlight

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brendon Pywell, May 24, 2015.

1. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

UPDATE2: It's out!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388980

Race Track Builder is a software design tool that has simple, easy to use tools that allow you to build fantasy race tracks or use Google Maps data to create real-life terrain and roads.

I am preparing Race Track Builder for release, hopefully on Steam first (which will make it happen faster because I don't have to develop the website code for admin/purchases etc).

Steam have a process where it goes to "Greenlight", where people vote to indicate that they would like to see this product listed on Steam. So we need more votes to ensure RTB can be released asap.

UPDATE: This has now been Greenlit (Step 1 of Steam release process). Thanks to all that voted!!!!

Thanks,
    Brendon.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. done! can't wait!

3. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

Voted yes!!

4. Yes ! From me to

5. Voted yes!

6. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Thanks for your support! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joel

Joel
    #NR6 Premium Member

No way is anybody voting no on my watch ;)

Great work, its a yes from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. robbynat0r

robbynat0r
    Member of LeiSuRe eSports @FIFA 15

Definitely voted yes and hoping for export functionality to AC - so many ideas for real tracks!

9. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

IMO the most important features would be:
    * Export directly to games (rFactor, AC...)
    * Alowing import of several 3D formats for trackside assets
    * Fence / wall generator

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Steam is being a pain and won't let me login from work, so I'll vote later tonight my friend.

This is superb, a really well executed piece of software. I bought BTB last year and really because of work I just haven't had time to practice a great deal on creating tracks.

The fact you can start off in this with the Google Earth data and then import into other programs for finishing off is a fantastic idea :thumbsup:

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Judging by the website I don't think it will do this, it generates the 3D data which you then load into 3D Max or Lightwave, etc for further editing.

"About RTB
    Race Track Builder is the product of years of development, originally concieved in 2009 as a means to overcome some limitations in Bobs Track Builder.

This new interface does not replace BTB, but instead provides new streamlined methods of producing complex race designs, and export those models into other 3d applications for further processing."

If it's possible to load the data into BTB for editing that would be great though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

Voted Yes, good luck with this, looks great :thumbsup:

13. brooptss

brooptss
    Premium Member

"use Google Maps data to create real-life terrain and roads", that sounds incredible :confused:! Great time to be into tech.

14. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. SandroX

SandroX
    Reiza Studios

Voted and shared. Green-green-green!:)

16. Got my vote. This looks like a track makers dream.

17. voted yes,great idea

18. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Can't vote. Everytime I follow the link, it goes to Steam in Finnish and I can't understand what I'm doing. Can't seem to find it in Steam app from my desktop either...

But I'll give it a yes!

19. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Another YES ,from me

20. Dave Fox

Dave Fox
    I get there...eventually.

great looking project, voted and best of luck with it :thumbsup: