1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RACE THREE - Oulton Park International Grand Prix(2); 6/27/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Oulton Park International Grand Prix(2)
    British GT Championship
    6/27/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Cars: Any GT3 Car
    Track: Oulton Park International
    Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (31 laps, including formation lap)
    (This is a "Short" race = approx. 1h)
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2015 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 01:33.877
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 2x
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf GT3 #11
    2. Michael Watts / michaei watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82
    3. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser / Aston Martin GT3 #__
    4. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / TBD GT3 #__
    5. Kenvin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Bentley Continental GT3 #88
    6. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #09
    7. Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ BMW Z4 GT3 #83
    8. Peter Evans / Pulltheplug666 / TBD GT3 #__

1. For shorter than one hour ("Short" races), no pit stop is required. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf GT3 #11
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts / michaei watts / BMW Z4 #82
    I'm working on a mount for my controller to allow me to press the mute button easier and basically have a Push-To-Talk feature. Wheel makers should consider this in the future, as that is how it is in the race car.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / car to be determined :D
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

May I suggest the #83 BMW Z4 and Team car to myself..!
    • Love Love x 1
  6. I'm going to give them all a go over the coming days. Got a lot of time to make up :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Yeah its about being comfortable with the car. I would pick a track you know with your eyes closed and run 10 laps with default settings. Take in account driver position and visibility. Also don't forget the Bentley
    Railer has got his RUF running 34's, Chips is running 34-33's. I qualify in the 33's but I usually run 35-34's with full fuel load.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  8. Rob

May I suggest you ignore this nonsense and go with the manufacturer who won 80% of the last ten GT3 class races at LeMans instead of car maker who barely competes at all (seriously) in any form of motorsport. :coffee: :)
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

wahahaha! This ain't Le Mans! Besides I think we should all be worried about the Bentley. I've seen with my own eyes what that car is capable of. Chips is going to be tough in that car, especially when he taps into that Speed at Zolder and Spa on the Long straights. He'll probably be lapping us all.
  10. Hallo guys,

i cant make this race, we have familie coming over next weekend.

But if u are online in a practice, u can invite me !

Love to race or practice online, but only with you pro guys .
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Rob

Well then it will be great to see you in that beast Bentley come next race! :p
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I like the BMW just fine, it may not be the fastest but its comfortable and consistent.
  13. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser / Aston Martina GT3
  14. Rob

Guys, some things you may not have realized about the last patch that changed. I believe the A.I. now will perform much closer to real drivers. Second, is tire wear. I can't begin to explain all the detail the developers go into but this thread should be a must read.

For instance:
    Q: In real life though I would have thought with this much rain you'd have all cars on slicks spearing off the track.
    A: Yes correct. They should be more like 16 sec a lap slower if still out on slicks. Whats happening is our performance reduction code is treating it like a standard rain tire instead of a useless slick. This was fixed already.

Q: I'm glad the tire issues (and AI) are getting looked at. I just find it really odd that this type of gameplay Tuning wasn't done before release. It's like there weren't enough people playing through the game during beta (either in single player and career in various whether conditions) to notice this issues and ensure proper adjustments were made. I also find the AI difficulty is also inconsistent from track to track. Anyway, thanks again SMS for correcting these issues, keep up the great work and updates!
    A: You're right and I won't duck the point. We were late in getting the AI rain stuff working. We took a lot of time (longer than expected) to get the behaviours correct and get the tools to make them tweakable the way I wanted them. So it left a bit of a rush to get the first wave of tuning them done. Just being honest. And I won't promise what you see in the next patch will be perfect either. It will be a big improvement, but as these things go with all the cars and all the scenarios for rain in this great game of ours, there's still bound to be nit picks here and there.

(The next patch will concentrate more on A.I. tire wear being closer to reality, though, in the dry on a wet tire. The last patch dealt with our cars.)

And here is the new wear on YOUR car in a nutshell:

The soft slicks should last a bit longer than 1 tank of fuel. The mediums 1.5-ish and the hards should make it through 2 tanks. That's the design / game-play (game wide) decision we made. However the wear in the release version for a few of the cars (GT3, GT4 , LMP's some lighter formula's) were off by a bit - some more than others.. I've been re-balancing this for weeks now along with rain, rain tires performance in the dry, and AI rain performance vs player. Almost done. My point is that if you were driving the LMP1's then the wear will be quicker than what you have now. I'll run a test there today or tomorrow and see what wear I'm getting with a LMP1 car.
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

So now that Tire wear is improved, are we still going to run 2x tire wear to promote Possible Buggie Pit-stops? Perhaps we should run a practice race and see if anyone suffers from Pit bugs. Looks like tire wear should be good normal for the Long races where we have to refuel.
  16. Only realised this morning that I probably won't make this race :( I am at the London round of the Formual E finale this weekend and my ticket is for the Saturday. Can't wait to see it live but equally disappointed to miss out on my first pCars race :thumbsdown:
  17. Rob

Tire Wear will stay at 2X for both long and short races. This is because the developers admit that they were a bit conservative on the GT3 cars, and, more importantly, X2 is still more accurate since soft tires would last for a full tank, and be worn about the same in real British GT3 races (which is to say noticeable) as they would be in our races.

And it would be nice to get the pits straightened out. Watch out for crazy high tire pressures.
  18. Rob

Well darn, but NOT! You lucky bastard. Have a great time, as this is a big deal. I'm jealous. lol. :alien:
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Yeah I can't wait mate but it's just sods law that after all my waiting to join in the fun the first time I am able to it clashes with something :rolleyes:
  20. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Yeah the sound of Roaring Race engines in London would be hard to miss! Oh wait, sorry those sound more like slot cars to me ;) J/K :laugh: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
    • Haha Haha x 1