1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race: the WTCC game Logitech problem

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Justin Swan, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Hi, wonder if anybody here has come across the same problem?

I've been playing Race 07 for a while now using the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and loving it. I decided to download Race+caterham exp on steam as it was only £2.99
    Although the DFGT is showing in the connected devices,as race 07 there is no profile so I went ahead and set up a custom profile but it's not playing ball at all. It's as if it's getting a constant signal from somewhere and every time I click to define gas or brake it immediately inputs a value before I get a chance to press the pedal, this doesn't happen with Race 07.
    Anyone got any ideas or a solution?

Many thanks

2. Do you have your steering wheel perfectly straight when doing it? Maybe it's reading the wheel. I'm not familiar with the DFGT but if it has a stick shift maybe you have it in gear and that's registering. Or any other input device you have connected to your computer might be engaged.
    These are wild guesses as I'm new to the game myself, like brand-new new.
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Hmmm, don't think so but you've given me an idea. Maybe increasing dead zones on the pedals might stop the rogue input I'm getting?
  4. I was gonna type that your pedals might be on their way out but I didn't want to go down the doom and gloom road so soon but they could be failing or just worn parts and unwanted input could be a symptom of it which could be the case. Dead zone should definitely help.

Logitec has an app you can download and this way you should be able to see if there is any unwanted input coming from your pedals.
  5. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I don't have any problems with other games, ie race 07, project cars, Rfactor etc? I've only had them a couple of months so hopefully it's just the game doesn't like them?
  6. Have you used the Logitech profiler to set up profiles for games? Check the global setting for pedals and make sure it's not set to report "combined pedals" (or maybe it's combined axis, not sure ATM). Also using the game controller settings in windows control panel you should be able to see whether the pedals are reporting a signal even though you aren't touching them.
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I've got it working now cheers. I had dead zone on pedals set at zero as soon as I increased this to 5% the problem went away. Thanks for you answers though :)
  8. Good thing it got solved! :D Happy racing!
  9. Yep went on to solidly stated and got the how to for dumbies
    has made my g27 so much better
    loaded RBR into game specs
    so all game settings are set up to the sim
    works a treat;););)
  10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Just wondering about what most of you here have throttle and brake sensitivity set at on the Logitech Profiler?
  11. 0% on both, Momo black pedals modded (airspring added to increase resistance)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

That's what i was thinking so i have them both set at 0 as well. I have my G25 brake pedal spring modded so i also have the in game brake sensitivity set at 0 and i just adjust using the brake pressure in car settings. Works for me.