1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RACE TEN - Snetterton 300; September 19, 2015; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Snetterton 300 GT
    British GT Championship

9/19/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (26 laps, including formation lap)
    _________________________​
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2015 = BMW Z4 GT3 - 01:47.409
    Day: SATURDAY
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: REAL
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Assists: SET TO "REAL" / COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
    Final Weather: Rain (http://www.britishgt.com/results.php?season=2015&event=6&session=Race 2 Result)
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying @ 4:30 USEDT, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
    2. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65
    3. Michael Watts/ michaei watts / BMW Z4 Nvidia #82
    4. Eric Cline/McNasty0421/Nvidia Z4BMW #83
    5. Nic Worsfold/ EpilepticToast/ Mclaren 12C GT3 #__
    6. Craig Renard/RDD Renard/ SLS AMG GT3 #__

NOTES:
    1. For shorter than one hour, no pit stop is required.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11

• Like Like x 1
  3. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts/ michaei watts / BMW Z4 Nvidia #82

• Like Like x 2
  5. Quick question on this... I setup an online session last night to get in some online practice and set the assists to 'Real' and it locked out the Traction Control, ABS and Stability Control options so that they stayed as 'No'. I thought you were all using these assists in these races :O_o:.

6. So what is considered a decent time around this wonderful track and what are the problems to overcome?

7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

1:48-1:50, any corner pretty much

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Cool. I am not too far off then. Managed to get into the 1:48's last night but was struggling with the left-front tyre overheating badly, especially around the final section.

9. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

RF? or LF?

10. Yeah my bad.. LF.

11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

add LR spring to make RF work more or soften RR. also soften front roll bar a click or two.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Cheers Michael, i'll give those suggestions a go next time i'm on :thumbsup:

13. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric Cline/McNasty0421/Nvidia Z4BMW #83

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I will be on for Practice at 9pm EST if anyone wants to join.

15. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

It's always said that Peter. Dont know why, but if you have Real assists selected in your Options and the Lobby is set to Force Real assists then whatever assists your car has in RL it will have in that lobby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Its saying that the assist are not forced on cause u can choose to force anyone assist on or off..so if u have ur settings on no assist and join a lobby which has traction forced to real then u can adjust traction and it will be on..instead of appearing with a lock...same settings with a lobby with assist set to real but not forced then u would see the lock on the traction.

17. Nic Worsfold/ EpilepticToast/ Mclaren 12C GT3 #60
    I'd enjoy being part of the race even though it's the end of the season.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Thanks for the clarification. It's just worded poorly I think. One good thing is that when it is forced to 'No Assists' you can't force them on in your settings but you can do it the opposite way round ie if it is set to 'Real Assists' you can still run without them if you want to even if in the real world the cars would have them. Must admit that this track is the hardest so far to go with all assists off, I keep loosing the back end around that first left-hander :unsure:.

19. Good to have you on board Nic. The numbers for this series have been gradually increasing so all looking good for the forthcoming new Historic and Tin Top series :thumbsup: Just keep checking here for news. Always like to see plenty of chat so just join in or start any conversation you like in the Paddock :) (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/paddock-chat.105202/page-43)

• Like Like x 2
  20. One of our other drivers (@Marksest112) usually has the #60 McLaren so just choose a different number and you're good to go :thumbsup:. I've put you in the sign-up at the top of the thread anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1