1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RACE SIX - Brands Hatch GP Circuit; 8/1/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Brands Hatch GP Circuit
    British GT Championship

8/1/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (31 laps, including formation lap)
    _________________________​
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Porsche 997 GT3 R - 01:25.257
    Day: SATURDAY
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: REAL
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Assists: SET TO "REAL" / COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
    Weather: Medium Cloud (http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/UKXX8984:1:UK)
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying @ 4:30 USEDT, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
    2. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65
    3. Daniel Smissen/DANDAN140787/Mclaren GT3 #__
    4. Michael Watts/ Michaei Watts/ BMW Z4 GT3 #82
    5. Eric Cline/ McNasty0421/bmw z4 #83
    6. Andrew Adamson /GT: beetesjuice/ Bentley Continental GT3 #7
    7. Damon Harris \ OcR Ceaser \ Aston Martin Vantage GT3 #__
    8. Railer Cantrell / / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #9
    9. Marc DeGras / BRAKEN99 / Bentley Continental GT3 #08

NOTES:
    1. For shorter than one hour, no pit stop is required.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11

• Like Like x 1
  3. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Smissen/DANDAN140787/Mclaren

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob

Rob

The laser scanned tracks are fantastic. One benefit of running this series. I never really realized how freaking dicey Dingle Dell Corner is with those bumps after the apex. Now I know why there is plenty of runoff there. :O_o:. 1:26.024 so far, but that aint going to cut it with this crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  6. W
    Will have a wizz round later tonight, one of the better tracks in the game

7. I don't think I'll make this one as I'm moving this weekend. If we somehow get everything done and I'm then permitted to setup the gaming center, I may make it. Very very small chance though.

8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts/ Michaei Watts/ BMW Z4 GT3 #82

9. i could only do a 1.26.4 in the mclaren, something about my set up and the elevation changes

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Tough track to get a grip on. Going to have to do some telemetry runs and analyze for adjustments.

11. Rob

Rob

Had a good run with Michael last night. A few Live issues, but we got in a full race for the most part. Strange track from the familiar one I'm used to. Very deceptive. Hard as hell to tune for. Michael had several offs in the race, which is not like him, and I had several, particularly sector 3. This track is much more difficult than any other game I've played. I finally got Sheene somewhat under control, but I seem to always run wide at Stirlings. Screw TC, I need a Formula car. lol. This track is fast as hell, but sector one is ruined if you set it up that way, and if you compromise, it seems you risk ending your race in the fast sections. Argh! :mad:

I think I was down to a 1:25 at one point, but that's near impossible to reproduce. Maybe with no fuel and lots of luck. Should be a tight race though. The track wants you to push, but kills you if you push too hard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I thought about the car all day long, and I found some grip and hit my target times. Funny thing was I was only a tenth quicker in Quali then with a full tank of fuel. But I put in about 60-70 laps tonight and I think I'm much better off than I was yesterday. Actually looking forward to the race.

Funny thing Robert, after you blew your engine and left, the AI all Crashed and had damage. I ended up DQing because I was a 1L short on fuel, before I realized the AI were all 10 laps down. Apparently when you left it stopped scoring them as well. Crazy bug-ass game. Anyway Lesson learned...Always put enough fuel into finish the Victory Lap or you will DQ, even if you win! So I'm throwing an extra 2L's in for safety's sake.

13. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Yea ive seen the ai all drive into the wall at full speed at oulton park after the host migrated I d pun and caught the show.funny as hell wayching one after another try their best to eject out the windshield. Lol thought I was playing stuntdriver darts.and this track is way more dif. Than any orher game I agree. So far im at 126.44 but that was a wuick few laps this morning before work..prob had a better lap but I like to drive in the gravel on the first turn and invalidate my lap....just how I roll.lol

14. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Oh yeah almost forgot. Eric Cline/ McNasty0421/nivida bmw z4 #83:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I ran a few more laps today.. It takes about 10 or so to get a rhythm going. I found it is very easy to overdrive this track. That's what makes this track so hard. You have to find the perfect balance between aggression vs. patience and a **** load of precision.
    If you watch that video at the top of the Page, that guy runs a 1:24.9 in his video. And the lap doesn't look that fast. You just really have to hit your marks and sort of wait on the throttle in some of the corners.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rob

Rob

Yea, I'd have to agree. Very different and enlightening why so many love this track to death. I loved it before but this just makes it that much better. It suits me, but like you said, it's dangerous scanned. lol. It's almost like two tracks in one. A high speed short oval like Richmond and a twisty natural mountain road, like Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen. How could you not love that combination. Yea, I noticed that too Mike, in the video. I think the shifter allows you to go a bit faster, but it is his smoothness that stood out to me too. Lots of laps on this one, I bet. And the PC doesn't hurt. lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

I noticed in the video the shifter lets u downshift from 6 to 4 while coasting with clutch for a sec.. .no possible with paddel shifter as the clutch button might as well be an ebrake.I can see how that would improve overall smoothness..guess its time to save up for the t3 pa and shifter!

• Like Like x 1
  18. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

And I got it down to a 125.27 last nite all the while changing the setup...speed is great butim thinking the winner will be who ever can stay out off the dirt here ..alot of turns here where I was turning in blind and hoping the tires would hold me off the curbs/ ramps.the dirst and last turns are whats getting me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

If I can only replicate what I put down in practice races for Qualifying I'll be happy.

20. Blimey been missing out here, not getting any notification of these discussions any more it seems :rolleyes:

Lack of practice so far and not managed to turn a single lap. Was planning on some track time tonight but now the daughter is on a sleepover with one of her friends so me and the missus or going to take the opportunity to get out for a meal. I'll try to get on for the 30 minutes practice pre-race and that'll have to be my lot so give the ol' Aston a wide berth:cautious:. Default setup again for me.

• Like Like x 1