• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Race Sim Studio 2017 car vs ACFL F1 2017 mod

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by MustartMatters, Apr 8, 2017.

1. MustartMatters

MustartMatters

Ratings:
    +49
    Hey guys, I really wanna get my head stuck into some driving with my new vr and I wanted to buy a 2017 spec car mod.
    I can't choose between the one made by race sim studios and the ACFL 2017 cars.
    Which one is better to drive? Which one gives the best driving experience? And most of all, which car is the most realistic to the real cars performance wise?

Please don't give answers if you HAVEN'T driven the cars.

Cheers!

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    I haven't driven either but I can tell you that the Race Sim Studios mod is certainly more popular, at least amongst the english-speaking AC community, going by the number of discussions, videos and skin downloads I've seen about both cars. So that will probably influence your poll.

Given that the real F1 season has only just begun I expect that the performance of both mods will be made more realistic over time as well.

3. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,246
    ACFL has history of stealing other creators content (SFX in this case) so if it were me I'd not be supporting that sort of practice (even if this particular mod was not 'guilty', its just by principle).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  4. kraM1t

kraM1t

Ratings:
    +2
    The RaceSim one isn't particularly realistic, just watch the China Qualifying, there's a sweeping high speed left where Hamilton has to half throttle/coast but in the 2017 Hybrid mod you can just full throttle through it on the same compound Hamilton was using no problems at all.

It seems to actually have either too much downforce or too much grip. You can get very similar lap times but the actual way it gets them is false.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MustartMatters

MustartMatters

Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks for the responses! You guys are the best!

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +338
    The race SIM studio drives very well, is easy to install and the cockpit in VR is superb.

7. RayDarcy

RayDarcy

Ratings:
    +16
    I haven't got the ACFL cars but voted anyway. Sue me.

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. David Dominguez

David Dominguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,558
    And I'm sure you are driving in the super accurate version of Codemasters' China port.

• Haha Haha x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim

Ratings:
    +569
    Wut ?

First, there isn't an official China track to make a proper test.
    Second, even a Sauber could take that turn 7 flat out easily during quali, and drivers were making short lifts during the race while following other cars.

Please, verify your informations before posting.

The RSS Hyrbid 2017 is by far the best 2017 car we have ! no comparison is possible in my case.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,246
    Yeah I noticed also it was easy flat for every car in quali, but in the race (heavy, used tyres, poor damp conditions and typically following in the wake of another car) they had to lift.

Seems about right to me,

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. David Dominguez

David Dominguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,558
    Their tyres look to me like SF15 ones but re-sized.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +2,246
    Unsurprising. I haven't bothered checking it myself, not particularly interested in their content since hearing of their stealing habits.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +211
    I don't have their mod but from videos the textures are suspiciosly similar.

I'm flat were they are flat in China, pretty on point IMO.

OT: @David Dominguez if i'm not mistaken you were involved in a bunch of F1 track mods in RF2, could you help us here? ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. David Dominguez

David Dominguez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,558
    I simply ported and tweaked some tracks around 2014, I can't really help you much. If I am very honest I almost forgot everything.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium

Ratings:
    +358
    mod edit: poor response to a normal question.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
    • Sad Sad x 1
  16. MustartMatters

MustartMatters

Ratings:
    +49
    How so? I'm asking for consumer advice as I have not driven any of the cars.
    I'd appreciate it if you could stop acting like you do, if you have nothing to contributes to this forum please don't say it.
    And I'm also assuming you're being sarcastic and you're saying it's blatant the formula hybrid is better.

• Like Like x 3
  17. pepe29

pepe29

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello, In my humble opinion you will not have here an objective opinion on the mod ACFL2017. Take both if cost is not a problem and make your own opinion!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +318
    Mod edit: offensive post removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +211
    Leaving the moral debate aside, ACFL were half assed back when it was a free mod, both model and physics wise, i haven't played the 2017 version but i can't imagine that they became much better.

Their only advantage is that they have individual car shapes opposed to 2 generic ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  20. ZethGAF

ZethGAF

Ratings:
    +99
    No comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1