1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Pro Xbox 360 Session

Discussion in 'RACE Pro' started by Vence Alfred, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Anybody hosting or looking for a Race Pro lobby? C'mon, it's SimBin on a console for lapping sakes!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just a follow on from the other thread.. may have something up soon. Where are you based and what times suit you. Do the classic GP times fit well?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Picked this game up for 7 bucks. Have most of the cars won through the contract. Best hours for me are 11-2am CST. GT on the 360 is oldmodelt. would love to do some laps. I'm a very clean (and slower driver). TT's on the tracks is good to. Just name the track and car. I just drive them stock setups.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My weekends have been full. Most of my gaming is done later in the night. CST follows Daylight Savings, right? If so that would put your availability at 9-12 PDT. That would be perfect. My GT is roist510
    I have a homegirl that has RP. Casual driver. Went back to college so limited availability. May be asset to the grid with all assists on.
    Thx. And thanks Peter for giving this thread life.

• Love Love x 1
  5. There's a few others that will definitely be interested in this, jsut a case of finding a time that fits everyone.

6. We could all just use the GMT standard. Getting together worlds apart is tough. So let me throw out a TT from the leaderboard for us all to do.

Time Attack/Road America/Mini Cooper &
    Time Attack/Road America/F3000.

Here’s an earlier class for a TT. Caterham 200 on Anderstorp. It’s a B category contract car. I’m at 1:42.748

I don't use assists. But you can if you don't mind being made fun of. j/k

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Thanks Peter. I'll get to lapping. I decline all assists on all driving games to get the true feel/challenge!

• Love Love x 1
  8. I'll pick two. Then in a week or so you pick two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Finally posted for this Road America TT: 2:42 and change in the Cooper. Can't seem to get the same momentum as the rolling start after I start lapping. Subsequent laps always slower on front straight into turn 1. Haven't unlocked F3000's. Just started Gumpert contract (the one with the first race at Valencia). I will try to get to the F3G's by the end of the month. Thanks for getting me and others back on this. Missed Race Pro!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I too noticed that the speed the game gives you at the beginning of the TT is faster than I ever could get going up the hill. Just pick 2 cars and tracks from any you have unlocked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. OK. I'm still going to work toward unlocking the rest. Only problem is Semi Pro is uncompetitive and pro is not casual enough for my time allotments. (I would dig having my skills, or lack there of) tested for real, but I don't have the time for the restarts etc. So I stay on Semi Pro (custom, ALL assist off and stick shift).

• Like Like x 1

12. I’m guessing you are talking about the contract races. What I’ve done is the professional difficulty is also too hard for my talents. But I do some of the contracts on the 2 easy levels just to get the darn cars. Then I can do the single race on whatever difficulty (usually the professional) to just have fun for the 10-20 laps or so. I did two championship series. One in the minis and one in the F3000. Both cockpit. The 3000’s cockpit viewpoint is surprisingly good without the jerky wheel movements. And I turn of the HUD for the most part. I then put in my self-regulating rules i.e. Any offs you have to wait for traffic to clear etc. No contact from me what so ever or I penalize myself with a penalty pit. Stuff that would be given to us in a RL race. Then I just sit back and enjoy the race for the 30 mins or so. I enjoy the longer races. I got used to them with GT4. And you can pause anytime to give my hands a breather. Here’s a YouTube video that is like what I do all the time. It’s not mine but it is enjoyable to race this way. Who cares what place I get? I’m just chilling out anyway.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Loving this thread guys, keep it going. I am pretty busy at the moment with other series (F1, Grid and Shift 2) and work but things will slow down shortly and i'll definitely be looking to join in for some fun.

Love the idea of the weekly Time Trial challenge. Would be even better if they could be recorded too :) I'll try to get on and post something asap but will look out for the next challenge.

I dod have quite a bit unlocked myself but a while ago I had a HDD crash and it lost everything so i'll likely have to start from scratch again and may be limited initially in what I can drive :rolleyes:.

Oh and no assists and cockpit all the way for me.. always has been and always will :).

• Like Like x 1
  14. "Oh and no assists and cockpit all the way for me.. always has been and always will"
    Standard procedure for me as well Peter. I miss those series. That F1 retro race at Juarez had you in a racing trance due to duration. I don't know why Grid:A limited 10 laps. I have a guy that's physically local that runs Grid:A every night all night. Has NFS:Shift 2 as well. I used to smoke him on Grid:A, but stopping playing led to stopping upgrades and acquaintance with feel of the game. I talked him into a MS FFB wheel off ebay, now he's even better. Real laid back guy who'd be a nice addition to the grid.
    My weekends have been booked and the summer will only make me less accessible. But I will try to make any event I can. At least post to time trials.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Made change in post 6. Here's the addition for earlier contract car.

Here’s an earlier class for a TT. Caterham 200 on Anderstorp. It’s a B category contract car. I’m at 1:42.748

• Like Like x 1
  16. LOVE the post with the Brno vid. I feel the same way. I just love the simulated feel of the race as I don't have the balls, money let alone the skill to do it in real life. I would say that Peter could tell you, but he's only seen me finish last. :) But I From Steam to Console, I run mid pack at best. Sometimes in Race07, I enjoy the heck out of trying to hold my second to last position for for another 4 laps. Genuine endorphin rush. So I keep the career on semi-pro (for AI), ALL OFF, cockpit in order to progress and unlock. But when I want to immerse for a spell, I go pro and try to just get into the points if I can.
    CATERHAMS!!! NOOOOO! Lol. I feel like there's a grass magnet under the bonnet when I lap those things. But I should have that one unlocked and a time at Anderstorp. Do the career/championship "best laps" stick? Or only TT. If not, no biggie. I'll effort to spin my beloved RacePro disc tonight.

Will check for G:A, F1 or NFS:S2 races just in case. I have my daughter this weekend but sometimes she watches dad crash out of contention only to ask, "Why did you do that," or "What happened?". Then I give a physics rant.

• Like Like x 1
  17. We would only be able to see your times if they are done in TT and we are each others FL. Unless you record them which is a pain because of RP's limited replay functions.

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. Ok. Thanks. That's a bummer RP doesn't record bests outside of TT. Btw, we are on each other's friends list.

19. Your best lap in a single race is recorded in the BL TA. I just ran a Gumpert and F3000 race and both showed up in the TA leaderboards.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. And your BL in a career contract race is also recorded in the TA BL Leaderboards. Just ran my final contract race on Porto in the Seat WTCC car and it is up there.

• Beer Beer x 1