1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RACE ONE - Silverstone Grand Prix; 6/6/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, May 24, 2015.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Silverstone Grand Prix
    British GT Championship
    6/6/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Cars: Any GT3 Car
    Track: Silverstone GP
    Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (51 laps, including formation lap)
    (This is a "Long" race = approx. 1h 45m)
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 2:01.358
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: 2x
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Audi GT3 #50
    2. Dren Hendy / Dren Throwdown / Ginetta GT3 #44
    3. Dylan Hember / H3MB3RD / BMW Z4 GT3 #__
    4. Kevin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Ruf GT3 #63
    5. Damon Harris/OcR Ceaser/ Aston Martin GT3 #101
    6. Michael Watts/ michaei watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #34
    7. Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ McLaren #60
    8. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #72

1. For races longer than one hour ("Long" races), at least one set of the softest tire compound must be used for at least one complete lap during the race. Failure to do so will result in that driver starting at the back of the grid in the subsequent race. This rule does not apply if rain is present before the softest tires are used. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Audi GT3 #50
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hello! Do I have to sign up in this topic for the championship too or it's enough if i signed up in the "driver signup" topic? How many laps will be the race? In the Schedule topic there is 56 laps and here 31 . I'm from Hungary and I don't understand everything exactly so, is it allowed to not change tires in the race? so I would only refuel the car. Sorry for the lot of questions :)
  4. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts/ michaei watts
    BMW Z4 GT3 Panasonic #34
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dylan Hember/ H3MB3RD/ Z4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

To answer your question Bence, you sign up to run the Championship and since all the races are pre-scheduled you sign up individually for each one as well. As in some cases you're not able to make every race. As far as laps, Robert may need to clarify, but I'd venture to say 31 is the correct number.
  7. Rob

Thank you for reminding me. I had been thinking of the practice race when I made this, but this first race is indeed a "long" race, so Long Race rules apply. See the series overview.
  8. Rob

Actually it's a long race Michael, so the 50l of fuel I told you about will need to be adjusted according to your individual strategy. While I'm on the topic, I may have misspoken during our practice and during the practice race. As Dylan rightly pointed out, there is no way to enforce pit stops, so there will be NO mandatory pit stop for "Short" races, so you can go the whole race if you think that will be faster (it may or may not be depending on many factors). But in "Long" races, there is a mandatory stop for a tire change (since you have to use softs for one lap at least), unless it rains. Also tire wear is set to 2X during "Long" races to encourage strategy. I thing the wear modeling is off in the game anyway. So practice accordingly!
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bence Kiss / HUNXxDizZeExX / Bmw z4 #22
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mclaren MP4-12C (not sure what number :laugh:)
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Thanks for the Clarification, Robert. Looking forward. I love long races. It will be interesting to see the different strategies in the Short Races. I'm going to probably try and run a 50 lap race on my own with 2x tire wear and see how that works out. Or would it be better for Normal tire wear on the "Long" races (Mandatory Stop anyways), and 2x on the "Short" races???
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I think It may be better to stick to x2 for short and long races.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Rob

I think you are right. The test I did last night was rather shocking. You can run the softs for about an hour at Silverstone (even on 2x) and there is no real degradation except a bit of falloff at the end. Mediums would easily get you around. Plus the consistency from race to race is good. So I think that will be changed. Good suggestion...was thinking the same.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Daniel smissen/DANDAN140787,BMW
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dren Hendy / Dren Throwdown / Ginetta G55
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

So you're not changing tires, Robert? I will say to Everyone, pay attention to your fuel mileage. It can be found on Motec screen. I ran 50 laps last night only to fall a lap short.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Rob

This is a two hour race (almost). You have to pit. So, it would be pretty crazy not to change tires, IMO. The issue is how long the tires will last...and what compounds to use.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Not to mention the fuel strategy.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. need to get practicing, anybody around tonight for a session
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mcnasty1

Just signed up with the ruf...so as of right now its 2x tire wear..all races? mandatory pitfor the opener?
    • Like Like x 1