Race ON + G27

I've got my G27 wheel yesterday, it works perfect in all games what I have except Race On (Race 07 + all addons), first of all game doesn't have profiles for g27 at all, and the second FFB doesn't work properly
I found a solution at nogripracing.com, changing the value of "G27 Led range low" from default 0.81 to 0 helped to solve FFB issue but now rpm LEDs don't work properly
Is it common problem for all G27 owners and we just should wait for fix of that in the upcoming patch, or it's just me?

I've got my G27 wheel yesterday, it works perfect in all games what I have except Race On (Race 07 + all addons), first of all game doesn't have profiles for g27 at all, and the second FFB doesn't work properly
I found a solution at nogripracing.com, changing the value of \"G27 Led range low\" from default 0.81 to 0 helped to solve FFB issue but now rpm LEDs don't work properly
Is it common problem for all G27 owners and we just should wait for fix of that in the upcoming patch, or it's just me?

The RPM LED's don't work because you had to turn them off to get the FFB to work properly. Its a common problem and hopefully it will get fixed.

lol for once i havent had any problems at all with this im using the rev lights and the feels real ffb settings for G25 but with my G27 and it works perfectly. Try using it with the feels real ffb settings from nogrip and it should work fine

ok I've tried that, same thing
reinstalling game now, maybe this could help

by the way i've changed values of rpm leds just to see what kind of FFB is "real" to the author, in my opinion it has nothing common with the reality
i'm using my custom FFB settings and it's much better imho
i can e-mail it to you if you wanna try that

• metroplex

FWIW, I have a G27 and the FFB/LED's work fine in GTR2, GTR Evo, and Race07.

In fact, the G27 FFB feels a lot better than the FFB on the G25 and Driving Force GT. I was able to feel when the rear wheels would slip on the 550 Maranello and be able to correct it. In the past I would always just spin. I don't care for the LEDs because I can't see them while driving.

• metroplex

Well, that goes to show how much I pay attention to the LEDs. In GTR Evo/Race07 the LED resolution isn't all that great, they only start to light up near the revlimiter. They're also too dim to see via peripheral vision and in my driving position, I can't see them unless I look down.

In my 09 Cobalt SS Turbocharged, I tweaked my factory VU meter/bar graph tach so that each bar was about 1000 RPM but it would start to rise at 1000 RPM. So it would be yellow around 4000-5000 RPM and red at the revlimiter. In the G27, the LEDs aren't set up properly. I bet there is some setting that I can change to make it work better.

However, without doing anything to disable the LEDs, the FFB works great in GTR2 and Race07/GTR Evo.

Clarifications on G27 settings

I found a solution at nogripracing.com, changing the value of "G27 Led range low" from default 0.81 to 0 helped to solve FFB issue but now rpm LEDs don't work properly

Aleksey,

Sorry to ask but could you please clarify to me where and how to access the settings for G27 LED RANGE LOW so I can give a try on changing my settings and verify whether or not the FFB problem desapears on GTR EVOLUTION?

Thanks Aleksey,

Just one little question before I try to fix the problem. Is this Patch applicable to GTR EVO as it is for Race 07? If so, I cannot find it in Simbin's web page. Could you please post the link where you got it? I did not manage to find it here ate RD website as well.

Ok. As long as I run the game on OFFLINE mode, I understand that I have to make the changes manually to get it working. The Race Control Set file line to edit is:

G27 Led range low="0.81000" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.81

Should the new setting be G27 Led range low="0.20000" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.20000 ?

Aleksey,
I got an answer that was not clear to me through posts. I am using already the 1.2.0.1 patch for GTR EVO, which is giving me the problems we discussed here.

As long as I run the game on OFFLINE mode, I understand that I have to make the changes manually to get it working. The Race Control Set file line to edit is:

G27 Led range low="0.81000" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.81

Should the new setting be G27 Led range low="0.20000" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.20000 ?

It shouldn't matter what the default is you can set it to any value allowed.

To achieve what is in the video above you set it like you said to G27 Led range low="0.20000"

What comes after the "//" doesn't matter its only a comment and is ignored by the game. you can change it if you like but it won't change anything.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back