RACE On announced

raceon_logo1.gif

The next scheduled release, RACE On will target all PC owners with a bit of petrol in their blood and comes with a very strong selection of new challenging content including the tracks and cars from WTCC season 2008 which turned out to be the best and most competitive championship ever. SimBin has recreated the epic 2008 season down to the smallest detail and now YOU get the chance to show the world who the real champion is. Jump in the car of your favorite racing driver and compete with the best through 12 unique tracks located around the globe including Okayama.

Race On also marks a new focus from SimBin with the inclusion of iconic Detroit Muscle cars suited for those who like to lay down lots of rubber power sliding out of corners on the rev limiter. Enough torque to drag the moon off orbit, full opposite lock and a big grin on your face.

To finish the new lineup SimBin brings you Formula Masters, a top of the line open wheel series, offering you even more speed and action than ever before. Extreme cornering speeds and simulated g-forces make this a true driver’s car.

But RACE On is not just new cars, it also features brand new American tracks in SimBin quality and it comes with a hefty update of existing tracks to 2008 standard. With RACE ON comes 5 brand new tracks all recreated down to minute detail.

As a bonus the game also includes the complete “STCC The Game” (The Swedish Touring Car Championship) which has previously only been released in retail stores in the Nordic territory and Russia. The tight and technical Scandinavian circuits and the wide variety of touring cars running in the series have already created a large following so SimBin is happy to be able to offer this package to the rest of the world including 7 Nordic tracks and 6 unique car models.

About RACE On
RACE On includes the following new content:

* 16 unique car models in 8 classes with over 140 variations.
* 12 tracks of which several never has been released by SimBin on PC.

RACE On will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content and an expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.

All in all this makes up for:

* 39 unique car models in 17 classes with over 450 variations.
* 30 tracks and 17 alternate layouts, in total 47 tracks.

For current owners of GTR Evolution RACE On is designed to merge and fully integrate with the existing GTR Evolution. RACE On is scheduled for release in Q2 2009

Source: http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

Bring on them Lada's lmao.

http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

I was lucky, I didn't get RACE 07, I only bought GTR Evo, which I paid £25 for and have had only had to buy STCC for £12. I can understand while a few people are a little peeved though, especially if you have only just got round to buying STCC. But I'm sure the add-on (without STCC) will be cheaper than the stand alone game, just like STCC was.

But remember they are a business, simulations don't sell as well as mainstream games and there is a lot of piracy in the PC market so they have to stay alive somehow. They couldn't just say "don't buy STCC because RACE ON is coming out soon" could they?

• leahcim

I agree with comments about new WTCC being a great idea, I am 100% sure I will purchase it. I hope this is the last release on the GMotor2 engine, really think SimBim need to start looking at release of content on Lizard in 2010

Yeah. Obviously the reviews are going to be similar to GTR Evo i.e they are all going to say the engine needs updating graphically. Plus there's lots of potentially newer and shinier stuff in the pipeline from others with (allegedly) sim driving too that might make that observation more poignant.

But someone asked why are they /doing/ WTCC 08? Surely, the point is, they have already /done/ most of it. This is supposedly coming out very soon.

They aren't announcing something they are just starting with a release date of Q2 2009.

If it does come out soon, and they can beat the new shiny games to the market, I can see it being worth adding to the Race 07 + GTR Evo + DFGT I recently bought instead of Race Pro.

As for Lizard, better the devil you know imo. From what I've seen Lizard has plenty to fix, and it's still doesn't look that good in fidelity terms, imo, to change any of the review criticisms about the older PC engine.

There are a lot of features in GTR Evo I'm starting to take for granted too that certainly aren't in the console version of Lizard - although the PC version may well have some of them.

I think SimBin are definately on the right track with this release, it has WTCC 08, Open Wheel racing and American V8 muscle I think those options will generate interest globally, its pretty much got everyone covered.

I dunno, it does smack of desperately trying to attract the USian market.

I think it'll be about as successful as writing a game on a console was in giving them a hit.

Race Pro had LS and Road America, it didn't sell any in the USA worth the bother. Not surprisingly imo. That said, I don't mind those tracks and I quite liked Road Atlanta in Forza 2 too. So I don't see anything wrong with having the tracks, unless the motive for having something in the game is merely flawed as this one seems to be.

If I went to the USA I'd be British. That would be a far better selling point than trying to be American. Everyone in America is better at the latter than I would be, I suppose. I'm sure this goes for games development too.

But, the worse thing about Forza 2 imo, was the similar attempt that made 1970s muscle cars win everything (or nearly everything) - it does put me off this a bit. I guess at least with this they'll be in their own category. If they do a codemasters Grid and make the guy on the pit radio start yeehawing and y'alling, I shan't bother :)

It's the wrong approach imo and worse I read that it was the publisher's idea. Simbin should realise that what Atari know about games was buried in landfill and caves decades ago and keep creative control themselves :)

• Mikkow

Time for my personal optinions (instead of analyzing all the time):

Hmm. International Formula Masters? I don't watch it on TV even though I get it, as it's kind of slow looking and all that. I can only be bothered with A1GP and F1 as far as open wheelers go. However, it doesn't mean the racing won't be interesting. Often the slower cars are more fun to drive. I want to check what kind of transmission etc they have and learn more about it. I know they use the Formula 2000 regulations on the cars. 250hp..

WTCC 2008? Not terribly excited, but one reason now I don't play much WTCC is because it is a bit outdated. Last year Okayama was missing, and this year Okayama + Marrakesh are missing. Not to mention the Seat Diesels from both years. Having all this stuff except Marrakesh will be cool definitely. I try to follow WTCC on TV and it makes it more fun to race it - as well as watch it. They reinforce each other. Did you guys know that they put intake restrictors and turbo restrictions on the diesels for 09, choking them of maybe 20hp compared to last year?

The muscle cars sound quite fun. I always thought this game needed more variation in cars. They talk about Detroic iconic cars.. I wonder what that would be? Maybe it includes historical cars, which could be quite fun. Something to show what a slouch old big cars can be. :D I immensely enjoyed the Camaro Cup from STCC. Low tech is awesome.

American tracks? Yes please. They are quite fun.

I'll probably buy the expansion. Though many motivations are to loyally support this tiny segment of the market, and not so much because I'm impressed by the content. I would rather have had several other open wheel series, and something other than WTCC 08.. but it's 'ok'.

Oh oh, I very much hope one thing - that they'll release all the updated tracks they've made. Like the new (much more accurate) brands hatch included for Race PRO, and the latest Imola (with some totally different turns).

SUMMARY:

5 NEW TRACKS:
- Hungaroring
- Okayama
- Road America
- Laguna SECA
- One bonus track (probably american)
- (As a sidenote, even though not mentioned specifically, upgraded version of Imola which was rebuilt the other year)

10 NEW CARS:
- IFM Formula 2000 car (260hp, small and downforce open wheeler)
- WTCC Lada
- WTCC diesel SEATs
- 8 probably american sports/muscle road cars.

Reduce the car number further. If you include the STCC track count you need to include the models in STCC that don't Appear in Race like the BMS, Audi and Camaro, so more like 5 tops on the muscle cars.

Gutted that I bought STCC though, haven't really used it that much and could have had it for free. IFM sounds good. The muscle cars will probably be of varying power and drivability so probably in single make categories which might take away the possibility of mixed fields with them :(, will have to wait and see on that one.

• Mikkow

Reduce the car number further. If you include the STCC track count you need to include the models in STCC that don't Appear in Race like the BMS, Audi and Camaro, so more like 5 tops on the muscle cars.

It says in the announcement that they have 16 new cars, 6 from STCC; leaving 10 which are not STCC. :)

• Mikkow

Heh heh. Yeah I don't know what to think about that 'couple of highly requested series' stuff. But I know from my exteeeensive gaming career (since 1985) that it's common to exaggerate and angle stuff. I took it with a grain of salt back then.

It sounds a bit weird too. Secured licenses for a couple of highly requested series - didn't they already have the WTCC license from 06-09? That's the reason I didn't include it in my analysis. The statement made it sound like it was 'another' series.

No matter. :) All is well (depending on price) and should be fun.

I agree with comments about new WTCC being a great idea, I am 100% sure I will purchase it. I hope this is the last release on the GMotor2 engine, really think SimBim need to start looking at release of content on Lizard in 2010

I think SimBin are definately on the right track with this release, it has WTCC 08, Open Wheel racing and American V8 muscle I think those options will generate interest globally, its pretty much got everyone covered.

Once Lizard is released I think they could release WTCC 09, with same content as Race On and maybe add the latest 09' series of the American Muscle series they are adding and maybe the 09' of the open wheeler. The next release WTCC 10' maybe add 1 addition Open wheel series even Formula Vee I would love it. Maybe 1 more American Muscle Series, they dont need to be NASCAR status something medium to budget that are cheap to get the rights too, Like Camaro Cup racing I am guessing that didnt break the bank but its an awesome add-on just like Mini's.

If they decide to add the rest of the WTCC 88' including the Commodore I will personally fly over to Sweeden and kiss their feet :worship:

WTCC 88 would make me splooge all over my keyboard. Although they would need all the cars like you said. Mercedes, bmw, alfa...ect

Originally Posted by Mikkow

SUMMARY:

5 NEW TRACKS:
- Hungaroring
- Okayama
- Road America
- Laguna SECA
- One bonus track (probably american)
- (As a sidenote, even though not mentioned specifically, upgraded version of Imola which was rebuilt the other year)

I believe the 5th track will be Spa as it's on the Formula Masters Calendar for 2008 and it would be a "New Track" for Simbin as the one in GTR2 was before their split with Blimey/Slightly Mad Studios.

Atleast that would mean an up to date Simbin quality version though and Hungaroring will be great to have as well:dance2:

Oh and it also says that the original tracks will get a "Hefty Update". As the Race Pro Porto was improved especially one corner that was incorrect buy a big margin, then hopefully we'll see quite an improvement!!

WTCC 88 would make me splooge all over my keyboard. Although they would need all the cars like you said. Mercedes, bmw, alfa...ect

Me too, because as far as i know there wasn't a 1988 season :)

I would like to see the recreation of the 2005 WTCC or the 2004 ETCC season actually (never saw that one coming by before) they had really interesting cars

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,508
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 211
What a pity they didn't take the opportunity to expand their WTCC 87 cars into a bigger class. Historic racing is still very popular (look at GTL) and offers something different to the current WTCC 06 /07/ 08 cars, and open wheel cars. I'm hoping the US muscle cars might be historic ones, but I'm not confident.
GTL was such a huge success (well popular with enthusiasts anyway), and it has been left to Modders to try to bring it back to Race 07. These cars would be more popular internationally too.

RACE On: Formula Master (pictures, specifications and on-board camera)

Logo-Header.gif

For all you guys that don't know the Formula Master yet (not formula masterS btw) you can check out the official website with motion material and awesome photo's

http://www.formulamaster.net

FORMULA MASTER CAR SPECS
Type: Formula single-seater.
Chassis: Tatuus carbon fibre monocoque;
Meets 2008 FIA F3 safety regulations;
Front and rear crash structures, wheel tethers, removable head protection, roll hoop.
Bodywork: Carbon fibre.
Tv cameras: Designed to accept four TV cameras within aerodynamic body shape.
Wings: Carbon fibre front and rear.
Engine: 2.0-litres, four cylinders, fully aluminium, 250 HP;
86mm bore x 86mm stroke, dry sump, solid aluminium machined cam cover, carbon fibre airbox, four throttles (drive by wire) Biofuel compatible.
ECU: Magneti Marelli MVL-381 (Marvel 8 vers. 2008).
Electronics: Magneti Marelli Hydraulic gearbox control system;
Magneti Marelli data-acquisition system;
Pits speed limiter.
Exhaust system: Rochhausen inconel alloy, includes catalyst and silencer.
Radio: Designed to accept radio system.
Gearbox: Sadev six-speed, limited slip differential, gearshift and clutch paddles.
Safety harness: Sabelt six-point, three-inch shoulder and lap straps, HANS system.
Seat: Carbon fibre, extractable, meeting FIA rules.
Instrumentation: Magneti Marelli steering wheel display unit SDU 102.
Front suspension: Pushrod, height register with shim, single damper, aerodynamically-shaped wishbones.
Rear suspension: Pushrod, two dampers, aerodynamically-shaped wishbones.
Steering rack: Machined aluminium.
Upright: Steel welded front and rear.
Shock absorbers: Koni, bump and rebound adjustment.
Springs: Eibach 36mm x 100mm.
Calipers: Brembo, four pistons, machined aluminium.
Brakes: Brembo, ventilated discs, 278mm x 16mm.
Pads: Ferodo.
Rims: OZ magnesium, Front 10x13”, Rear 12x13”, centre-bolt for rapid pit stops.
Wheel Bearing: SKFs.
Tyres: Yokohama, Front 23/56-13, Rear 28/58-13.
Wheelbase: 2700 mm.
Front track: 1550 mm.
Rear track: 1500 mm.
Weight: 560 kg including driver.
Fuel tank: Premier 45 litres, FIA FT3-specification with rapid refuelling valve.
Extinguisher: Lifeline 5 kg, electrically-operated.
Rear light: Led, FIA-approved.

Attachments

• FM1.jpg
    FM1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 228
  • FM2.jpg
    FM2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 215
  • FM3.jpg
    FM3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 212
  • FM4.jpg
    FM4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 218
  • FM5.jpg
    FM5.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 200
  • FM6.jpg
    FM6.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 705
Formula Master Onboard with vd Drift at Magny Cours 2008

Movie has lots of wind noise, so put your sound level a little lower, but it gives a great impression about the speed in this serie.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuGLWk6op9E&feature=channel_page[/ame]

In Pau it is easy to crash

:)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4qnCVUCfjQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wJa2QsE_2M&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYb2dG4CN-8&feature=related[/ame]

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%