1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RACE NINE - Donnington GP; 9/12/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Donnington GP
    British GT Championship
    9/12/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (70 laps, including formation lap)
    (This is a "Long" race = approx. 1h 45m)
    _________________________​
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 01:28.691
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. EDT; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: REAL
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Assists: SET TO "REAL" AND COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
    Weather: SET TO "2X" - Medium Cloud X 4
    (See: http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:UKXX3456;loctype:1)
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
    2. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 GT3 #83
    3. Michael Watts / Michaei Watts/ BMW Z4 #82
    4. Alex Hinton | tha sup3rn0va | Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #25
    5. Matthew Spurrell / HaveBlue112 / McLaren GT3 #60

NOTES:
    1. For races longer than one hour, at least one set of the softest tire compound must be used for at least one complete lap during the race. Failure to do so will result in that driver starting at the back of the grid in the subsequent race or being disqualified during the last race. This rule does not apply if rain is present before the softest tires are used. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "real" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Starts will be rolling, after a pace lap of about 60-70 mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels or do whatever is necessary to prepare to race. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line. The pole sitter should yell "green, green, green" when he crosses the start finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11

3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric Cline /McNasty0421/ Bmw z4 nivida #83

4. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts / Michaei Watts/ BMW Z4 #82

I ordered a Spider wheel yesterday from Ebay. Since TM couldn't give me an idea when my replacement would arrive. I have no idea if I'll receive either by the time Saturday rolls around. Peter, you'll have to enlighten me on the ideal settings for this wheel, as I've heard they are different than the TX.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

I might try to run hard slicks here and try to avoid the tire change in the pit. Just take on fuel if needed. Dobt want to throw away another race cause of worn or wrong tires

6. Rob

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

awesome!

8. Alex Hinton | tha sup3rn0va | Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #25

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Looks like light rain in the Morning... What is race time?

10. Rob

Rob

1pm

11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

So....guess we have to wait and see. I wouldn't mind if we started in the rain and finished in the dry.

12. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Practiced in rain after we talked last nite on puvlic online session..a bit tricky but loads of fun ..funner even cause I won.lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob

Rob

Rain is being forecast for up to 1pm, then stopping. So, it's going to be close. Would be great if @Peter Hooper or someone who gets coverage of this race on Sat. could tell us how the race actually went down. http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/UKXX3271:1:UK

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Unforunately Race 1 isn't being shown due to the Goodward Revival event but Race 2 on Sunday is.

15. Saturday is just free practice and qualifying, the actual race is on Sunday (a 2 hour race) and the forecast is overcast but dry.

16. Rob

Rob

By golly you are right. Well, then in the interest of authenticity, we have to go with Sundays forecast, which Peter stated, and is here: http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:UKXX3456;loctype:1

So, dry race! Overcast, Cloudy, Medium Cloud, Medium Cloud. 1pm - 2:45pm BST Sunday.

17. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Does the sun ever shine on England...???

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Rob

Rob

I think you have to describe the sun and what it is to an Englishman. They have no word for it.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

What's a good time here I'm not feeling the car very well.

20. You got your wheel then Michael or are you attempting to go with the pad again?

No idea about times here, I've never had the pleasure of a lap at this track before.