RACE Injection announced

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
Despite the fact the community is waiting for the highly anticipated new GTR title, SimBin announced a new expansion pack for their popular RACE 07 series: RACE Injection!

raceinjection.pngRACE™ Injection enhances the smash hit formula of RACE 07 by combining the most requested context from five separate expansions – Formula RaceRoom, WTCC 2010, STCC The Game 2, GT Power and the Retro expansion – into one new retail pack. With the new additions of 23 unique cars and 9 tracks, the complete RACE™ Injection now features a massive 85 individual car models in 43 separate car classes, customisable with over 450 highly detailed skins.

The powerful cars can be raced on more than 40 tracks from around the world with over 60 different track configurations. Cars, classes and tracks can be endlessly mixed and matched to create unique and thrilling championships and events.

RACE™ Injection will hit retailers across most of Europe on November 18th, with UK, Iberica and Benelux to follow in Q1 2012. Find more information about RACE 07 and all the expansion packs in our massive RACE 07 forums.

Bram Hengeveld;974340 said:
What is the deal then Jamie? A total of 10 euro discount compared to when you buy all the expansions yourself?

Yes Bram that is the deal. This is obviously aimed at people on steam who have never tried the race series and all the content might just get them to buy it. I think simbin is one of the most classy developers out there as they seem not to hype and BS about their products. Just my opinion.

Bram Hengeveld;974108 said:
Why not include GTR Evolution and RACE On and STCC 1 so we can finally do some online racing again without having to worry about people having the compatible versions installed or not?
I can't understand this either. Why did they not include all available expansions and sell one big all-in-one packet? Not only to stop compatibility issues but particulary because Nordschleife (simply THE track to have in the Race series) is not included. Plus the communication regarding GTR3 is as dead as a dodo

Chris Butcher;974787 said:
Why do I have a horrible feeling they are just wasting their time on producing garbage like this, rather than working on GTR3?

Errm...
1. I agree, this is crap!
2. I doubt there was need for putting in much effort for this "game"+

Very sad, when I read "new", "announced", "Race07 expansion" I was so curious. Maybe turbocharged dragster-monsters?
Well, sadly nothing for me, and I would buy a 6th DLC for sure to have the full package.
No GTRE and no RaceOn included? That's a horrible miss...

@Bob: You refused STCC2 for free? :eek::eek:

Beats me why you would refuse a free STCC2 expansion. Imo one of the best SimBin have released in the last years together with GTR Evolution

Apex1972;974560 said:
so, I am confused. do you have to own race07 or can you just buy this? I would actually like to have a nice version of the ring to mess around with. I heard the gtr evo or race07 had the best looking version. someone please explain.

Yes... Gtr Evo has Nordschleife but it is a bit unfinished/beta version. However it has the best overall mesh. The Shift versions are "prettier" but the mesh is gutted and there are too many fictional objects.

I'd just get all of them to be sure.

See my other comment.

I haven't done so much simracing in a game than I've done in the RACE series, and loved every minute of it. But these "new" releases are really getting stupid now... Sad to see how a company, that have done many great titles, are getting too horny for cash. Even if it would generate more money into development of GTR 3, I won't buy it. I've been stupid enough to buy all other expansions so far, so don't see the point:).Please give us something new Simbin, while you still have some dignity left.

Why are people saying that SimBin are 'wasting their time' on making this instead of working on GTR 3? This is a pack containing content that they've already made. It is merely being repacked into one package and sold at what amounts to a discount. Do you honestly believe it took a long time to group this existing content together into a new pack?

If you read the RaceRoom article rather than this selective copy/paste you'll see that Namco Bandai are the ones responsible for distribution, so chances are it was them that put this all together. I want to see GTR 3 as much as the next guy, but criticising SimBin unnecessarily isn't going to make it appear any faster.

Ross Garland;977766 said:
Why are people saying that SimBin are 'wasting their time' on making this instead of working on GTR 3? This is a pack containing content that they've already made. It is merely being repacked into one package and sold at what amounts to a discount. Do you honestly believe it took a long time to group this existing content together into a new pack?

If you read the RaceRoom article rather than this selective copy/paste you'll see that Namco Bandai are the ones responsible for distribution, so chances are it was them that put this all together. I want to see GTR 3 as much as the next guy, but criticising SimBin unnecessarily isn't going to make it appear any faster.
I agree with that...but i want GTR3

I dont mind buying dlc but when you basically need ALL of it to play online then it just feels like I,m being scammed. I am missing STCC 2 so I cant play the Retro mod online that I just payed for. Nickle and dimmed them self out of any future purchases from me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 437 39.5%