RACE Injection announced

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Despite the fact the community is waiting for the highly anticipated new GTR title, SimBin announced a new expansion pack for their popular RACE 07 series: RACE Injection!

raceinjection.pngRACE™ Injection enhances the smash hit formula of RACE 07 by combining the most requested context from five separate expansions – Formula RaceRoom, WTCC 2010, STCC The Game 2, GT Power and the Retro expansion – into one new retail pack. With the new additions of 23 unique cars and 9 tracks, the complete RACE™ Injection now features a massive 85 individual car models in 43 separate car classes, customisable with over 450 highly detailed skins.

The powerful cars can be raced on more than 40 tracks from around the world with over 60 different track configurations. Cars, classes and tracks can be endlessly mixed and matched to create unique and thrilling championships and events.

RACE™ Injection will hit retailers across most of Europe on November 18th, with UK, Iberica and Benelux to follow in Q1 2012. Find more information about RACE 07 and all the expansion packs in our massive RACE 07 forums.

In all honesty, a good part of me feels sad for Simbin when I see stuff like this. You have so many game developers pushing new information about their newest games and latest builds, and Simbin... well, they have stuff like this. Sad.

Well, I think its obvious that we can publish also "GTR 3 will never see the light of day", unfortunately...rFactor 2 stills all the glory :( The physics aint bad at all considering its a almost 5 year old game, the physics are still better then GT5 or Forza IMO, but what the hell, the graphics all though not the most importend thing, are way too old considering how it could look like with full dx9 capabilities not to mention the dx10 or dx11 capabilities...If they try to make money for a new real title by selling these "expansions", we can expect in few months a new expansion something like "Race - Nitro" with the content smilar to "Race On"...Unfortunately, its "Race Off" for Simbin :(

so, I am confused. do you have to own race07 or can you just buy this? I would actually like to have a nice version of the ring to mess around with. I heard the gtr evo or race07 had the best looking version. someone please explain.

Jamie Shorting;974292 said:
Why is this sad? They are selling a package deal for those who don't own any of the content. :rolleyes:

It is sad because the 2 greatest expansions are completely overlooked. GTR Evolution and Race On.

It is sad because nobody actually races these expansions beyond the honeymoon period after release.

I would much rather see them bundle together a bunch of community made tracks and a WTCC 2011 re-skin. Other than WTCC and the GT classes there isn't much consistent racing for any of the other classes.

GT power completely killed GTP and GTS because of the cars it introduced. (and a worthless mod on its own)
Retro expansion provides only novelty cars and a half baked attempt at a new game mode.
STCC cars are mostly ugly versions of wtcc cars from a series which holds no relevance outside of Scandinavia.
Formula RR was a Free expansion anyway.
WTCC10 is the only worthwhile add on even though it is a year out of date already.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back