RACE Injection announced

I appreciate that Simbin didn't leave this game back, like some other developers did with their games after they hyped the sky down that they'll release countless dlc-s and expansions for their game.

I guess everyone with less powerful PC-s like me also appreciates it, as I couldn't run GTR 3 most probably, but I can run Race 07.

OK, obviously this is not for us veteran owners of this game. I see a lot of negative feedback from people that own the whole series. lets all put this in another perspective. Race Injection is a great thing for people that want to start new to the series and in my opinion, we as dedicated members of this great community should be helping Simbin promote this. After all we are looking for more racers to join us right?

My two cents towards this thread.

I decided not to buy Injection. I am interested in GT Power and Retro but WTCC2010 and STCC2 are more of 'the same' for me. I support what one person said one at RD - I have enough of FWD clones already. Apart from that WTCC2010 and STCC2 have not got much to offer. Also I need GT Power for RDGTC and I'm not going to wait for the release of the bundle. I will get GT Power today or tomorrow and start practicing.;)

Ok, seriously, can someone shed light into this? I have Race 07 and GTR Evolution addon. Is this giving me STCC and some other stuff, or is this a new addon, combining the best of the others? How important is this pack to be had ?

@Petr,

You are right, it is a new addon, combining the best of the others. I do not know at this moment how importent the pack is, since i have no clue what the multiplayer mode will do if you want to join a online game which holds f.i. a car from STCC, which is present in Injection. Is it presented as UNKNOWN, or can you join since the car is in Injections as well. Thats still unclear to me.

IF it lets you join, it might be a nice alternative for buying the other addon packs.

You have to remember that the game we all play is Race 07. All the rest are just expansion packs which add new content to the original game. It doesn't matter what the name of the expansion pack is. Whether it's GT Power or Injection is irrelevant... both add the BMW M3 GT2 to game. Whether it's STCC 2 or Injection doesn't matter... both add the Chevy Cruze to the game.

If you check the game's info page at RaceRoom, it tells you exactly what cars it includes and which expansion they were originally from. So, if an online event is using one of the cars on that list of from that expansion, you can join. If it is using a car which is not on the list, you can't. Simple.

As for the release itself, I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. What is wrong with SimBin releasing a final version of a sim which has been very successful over the years? As it is all existing content it took them minimal time to produce, if any since Namco may have packaged it up rather than SimBin.

Given the fact that SimBin have been reported as struggling, do people really begrudge them trying to make a bit of extra cash from completely new customers? It's not like it's another minimal expansion aimed at us, is it? And which would people rather, a final release that tides SimBin over until GTR 3, or SimBin going out of business and never getting to release GTR 3 at all? Think, people.

My only gripe about this is that GTRE and RO content are missing from the Injection. I don't see the point in that. It should have been a final be-all-and-end-all release of the entire R07 package.

Well Ross, if indeed thats the case, I think there is nothing wrong with the release :)

Just a good way to get some people involved again, with a minimum investment :) It would have best if they would have included it all, but for now I can understand why this release is done, and I have no issues with it, other then it being a bit to late for me personally :) I already arranged the expansions packs now :)

Nothing wrong with packaging the Race 07 DLC into one download and saving $10 USD in the process. If it attracts new people to SimBin products, I don't see an issue with a "last hurrah" for a classic.

5 pages of responses in the competition thread indicates more than a few people are interested in getting a copy ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%