1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RACE FIVE - Spa; 7/18/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

British GT Championship
    7/18/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Cars: Any GT3 Car
    Track: Spa
    Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (41 laps, including formation lap)
    (This is a "Long" race = approx. 1h 45m)
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = BMW Z4 GT3 -- 2:21.381
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: REAL
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
    2. Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82
    3. Daniel Smissen / DANDAN140787 / McLaren GT3 #__
    4. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 GT3 #83
    5. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65
    6. PeterEvans / Pulltheplug666 / Audi R8 GT3 #__

1. For races longer than one hour ("Long" races), at least one set of the softest tire compound must be used for at least one complete lap during the race. Failure to do so will result in that driver starting at the back of the grid in the subsequent race. This rule does not apply if rain is present before the softest tires are used. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Daniel Smissen/DANDAN140787/McLaren
    • Like Like x 2
  5. mcnasty1

Eric cline /McNasty0421/#83 Bmw Z4
  6. It will be interesting to see numbers for this.

Will be my first 2 plus hour race i've ever done as i have only gone grand prix distance before.

Just done my first spin, track looks beautiful with a sunny day and early in the morning, makes me realise how **** the graphics on the new f1 game are.
    2.21.3 not that times are going to mean anything, I spun 3-4 times in about ten laps. if that happens on saturday im ****ed due to the length of this thing.

Robert are you sure your eyes read 60 laps lol
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PeterEvans/Pulltheplug666/Audi R8

I ****ing love this track
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Awwwww ****...!!! Look out for the Audi! :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 50/50 on attendance for this one. #88 Bentley.

10. Haha, for sure. Team wild right here
    Not sure I can muster 41 laps practice. Does anyone get on in the week? After all its hard to do the tyres of they're x2 in the online race. Let me know of you fancy a practice

The R8 from outside sounds fantastic. Wish I could have that sound in the cockpit somehow
  11. just seen 41 laps rather then 60 odd, this is pleasing for the sole.vjust seen @Michael Watts screenshot..really good time, looks like your back
  12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I never left.. haha, I was running some stiff springs at Nurburg and didn't have any lateral grip. I've learned my lesson, but even then I think the McLaren and Bentley can pull me on the straights. I'll take a podium given the competition. :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I cant touch your spa 2.20 at the minute
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I wasn't meaning to post that time, I was trying to get a clip of my telemetry, lol. I'm sure I ran that quite by accident.. average race pace is 2:23
  15. Rob

That's what I'm doing after a few laps. About 1:23.XXX. BUt I'm sure that 1:20 was no fluke. I expect race and qualy speed will beat the real series.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

17. mcnasty1

It rsined sum at the wec this year im sure..itson you tube in 2hr blocks.
  18. mcnasty1

May be mistaken
  19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

That's WEC, we're doing the British GT series, which was this last weekend, 7/11-7/12
  20. mcnasty1

You are correct sir:)