• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Dear fan, please make sure to like the video and subscribe to our channel to be eligible to win this round's prize provided by our sponsor.

Race/Evo crash problem - Windows 7 - Multiplayer only

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Connor Caple, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Ratings:
    +353
    I can play for hours on single player with any variant of Race/GTR Evo but if I join a server I get as far as the garage and after about 10 to 15 seconds the game crashes to desktop with a SimBin error message.

I've been working my butt off over the last 2 days to get back into racing, got my time down to something semi-reasonable ready for Mini-Friday and then find I can't play online. *ouch*

I tried three different servers with the same result on each.

Anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

I told Win7 to 'allow' the program to pass the firewall when it popped up, can't think of anything else that's different in multiplayer. :confused:

2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Ratings:
    +353
    Took out all my custom content, killed every background program, still no joy - so it's either config files or something very, very weird.

Booted to XP, installed the game, worked online fine... very puzzled.

3. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Ratings:
    +353
    I did a complete re-install of Windows 7 today (had an issue with a printer/driver problem) and the first thing I did, once the printer was working, was to re-install Race 07 and try joining a multiplyer game.

The same issue exists - it crashes after approximately 10 seconds of sitting in the garage, or trying to drive off. Single player seems to work fine - for hours...

Am I the only one trying to play SimBin games on Windows 7?

I have to go back to my XP installation to race in club events - quite strange.