1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RACE EIGHT - Snetterton 300; August 22, 2015; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Snetterton 300 GT
    British GT Championship

8/22/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT

Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
    Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
    Race: 10:15pm BST (26 laps, including formation lap)
    _________________________​
    Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - 01:48.979
    Day: SATURDAY
    Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
    Damage: ON
    Mechanical Failures: ON
    Tire Wear: REAL
    Fuel Usage: NORMAL
    Flags and Penalties: ON
    Auto Start Engine: YES
    Assists: SET TO "REAL" / COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
    Final Weather: Medium Cloud (http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/UKEN1138:1:UK)
    Time Progression: 2x
    Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying @ 4:30 USEDT, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
    2. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser/ Aston Martin GT3 #112
    3. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW z4 #83
    4. Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82
    5. Matthew Spurrell / HaveBlue112 / Mclaren GT3 #60
    6. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
    7. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #9

NOTES:
    1. For shorter than one hour, no pit stop is required.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
    The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
    1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
    1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11

3. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser/ Aston Martin GT3 #112

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric cline / McNasty0421/bmw z4 #83

5. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

I won't have a new wheel til next week.

6. Rob

Rob

Final Weather: Medium Cloud

7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82

I'll be there with a controller, but I will be slow as hell. Good points day for someone!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hey I use a controller Michael lol. So thee race definitely going on?

9. I shall be 50/50 mainly as got a stiff neck and staring at a screen ain't gunna help it :thumbsup: On the plus side i like Snetterton no need for pitting.

10. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I know, and I don't know how you are so fast? I just have a ton of respect for you man! If you switch to Wheel you could be one of those top guys on the leaderboards. I just feel like I'm leaving too much speed on the table. Can't feel the car like I should and therefore can't push the car.

11. Fast pad guys don't always translate to fast wheel guys. I've raced with lots of really good pad drivers who have tried a wheel and not been as successful so quickly go back to the pad. Horses for courses and I'm with you I just cannot race with a pad, feels very alien.

12. HaveBlue112 (formerly Marksest112)
    #60 Factory Mclaren
    Matthew Spurrell

13. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Well surprisingly Peter I was able to grab second in Qualifying as HaveBlue was sandbagging. I wasn't much of a match in the race either as I could run fast laps, but just couldn't be consistent. But it was just nice to be fairly competitive today and me and Robert had a good tussle for about 10 laps or so before I had to back off and conserve fuel for a bit.

14. Rob

Rob

Great race today guys. Thanks to all who showed up, especially Michael (after the frustrations with the wheel, etc.) to race. I still don't know how you did that on a controller, Michael. Nice. :thumbsup:
    And Boothy, with sore neck and all. I know you hung in there for as long as you could, but could tell you were struggling. Neck issues suck. No need to tell me. I think you were just shy of points, as you didn't quite make it half way. :(

My race started off tense (for me) and stayed that way until the end. I was damn thankful to have put in a full mock race the night before, as consistency here (esp. with so many limping) was going to be key.

Nice dust up in the beginning. I tried to avoid it, then take advantage of it, which seemed to work out pretty well. I could keep Ceasar behind me, and then, after catching him, set off after Michael, who was both faster than I ever expected, but also having some unlikely struggles here or there. I knew I had to wait. I was pleased with my consistency, as I had few offs compared to "the big off" or "several race destroying offs" and limited any damage to the Team Sky Dive Dubai Ruf. Railer, you were hot on my tail until late in lap three. I thought you were going to compete for a top three spot, but things never seemed to pan out that was later in the race. Track time, you said. Yea, I hear you. You obviously had good pace (better than mine with little practice) and just needed that super-high comfort level. That's okay...we didn't do so bad as a team today.

From lap seven or so onward, it seemed like it took forever to catch Michael, but was patient after and waited for a mistake. Was really tempted early on lap 12, but that would not have been wise, since we were def. not at a place that was pass friendly. Michael seemed to get a great exit off of the corner leading to the backstretch, but I has the advantage on the few sections before that. Understandable with that tiny joystick he had to deal with. Once Michael and I scrapped from roughly the 11th lap on, I was able to take advantage of a sausage bobble gifted to me from Michael on the last turn of lap 13. Settled into 3rd, I just wanted to hold on. "Hold On" was a good description of the rest of the race for me, but that was a small victory, as McNasty was damn impossible to catch and Michael, although hurting, was still damn fast.

Well done Blue! You were obviously the class of the field today.

Race Video from the #11 Ruf:

Railer, as usual, if you don't mind taking a look at the videos, it would be great. At the start, green Aston was Ceasar, you know my car, Merc was Boothy, and then me and Michael (green Beemer Z4) about lap 13 or so. Michael and I had some rubbin' but I was fine with it, and I think he was too...was fun actually. For once, the game didn't get either one of us, although Michael was clearly not the same consistency and speed with the controller, but still damn fast.

Thanks all who showed. See you at Donnington.

15. Rob

Rob

Snetterton 300 Qualifying:
    1. Eric
    2. Michael
    3. Matthew S.
    4. Robert
    5. Boothy
    6. Caesar
    7. Railer

Snetterton 300 GP Results:
    1. Matthew S. - 25
    2. Eric - 18
    3. Robert - 15
    4. Michael* - 12
    5. Ceasar - 10
    6. Railer - 8
    7. Boothy - 6 (DNF)
    (* on a controller)

Overall Standings To Date:
    1. Watts - 136.5
    2. Eric - 111
    3. Chips - 110
    4. Robert - 90
    5. Ceaser - 62
    6. Railer - 58
    7. Dylan - 37.5
    8. Peter H. - 37
    8. Dan - 37
    10. Peter E. - 36.5
    11. Matthew S. - 25
    11. Boothy - 20
    12. Rob P. - 2

Unofficial Team Results:
    Dyno-Might Motorsports - 162.5
    SkyDive Dubai, Ltd. - 113
    Aston Martin Racing, Ltd. - 42

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  16. Rob

Rob

Here is what the game recorded as the start. Entirely bizarre. See if you can guess who driver what car. What a mess.....:thumbsdown:

17. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Wow.. they totally messed up the car/driver thing. It shows me starting in a RUF and Ceasar is in my car.. LoL. Boothy is in the Green Aston, Ceasar's car. Blue's car wasn't even there and I didn't see Railer in fact all I saw was 5 cars. I guess race Replay's are not good to watch.
    I enjoyed the racing yesterday, had a good battle with Robert and then had to hold on to finish 4th. I can't wait to get back behind the wheel when we return. This is a super fun track, but 26 laps on a controller and I was feeling some carpal-tunnel syndrome creeping in. I kept hitting those big concrete bollards and it would upset the car, then I didnt know what to do with the joystick. Just didn't have any precicion in my steering.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  18. Rob

Rob

I, for one, am damned impressed you were able to do what you did with a controller, having never raced with one before...or very little.

19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Well before xbox one I had a wheel i raced Forza 1,2,and 3 with a controller on the 360. As Peter had mentioned before once you go wheel its very hard to go back. I've been using a wheel since F1 2010. With this game it takes some special tuning for the controller,and those settings in the configuration become very important. Also slowing down the steering. If I can find a $100 in the wash I may just pony up and buy a spare spider. This last week has been the most frustrating week ever. I've been in a deep depression since last Saturday.

20. Didn't enjoy your time with the controller then fella :laugh: Were you using the triggers or the sticks to drive :) I use the sticks find it easier for precision as can balance everything reasonably well.