Race Department Forum Racing Season 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
50e3e29cafa96f605d000001.jpg

Announcement
So obviously, we are missing quite a few liveries, but at the same time, the wait for this season has been too long imo (and I don't want this to end up like Football Manager), so what will happen is:
I will give the livery painters more time for the liveries during the test races. In the test races, I will use a placeholder livery from last season. However, if the livery is not made by the first actual race, the team and their drivers will score 50% points until it's done.
The first test race will start sometime next week, so get ready.
@Aidan Keranen @Benutzername

Also, @Dovi design and @oldwolf will not be allowed to start until they tell me their team, or until they have chosen a team to be in.

Um what? I am sorry but that is the amongst the most stupid things I've heard in FR. Coming from an era when the teams were just the F1 teams and liveries were just pictures gotten from elsewhere on the internet, we are blessed to have teams like this but it's crazy to now penalise people for not having a livery. It makes no difference! We don't see a single thing. That was the beauty of this game.

@Dovi design @oldwolf i'm still searching for a teammate.

@Milos It's not easy when one should produce 3 liverys while making 2 liverys for a mod you are involved in, too + creating a livery for the Ford championship while still having quite some stuff do to in real life.
Stuff will get done sooner or later, constant asking does not acclerate the process but rather is annoying and not helpful, though i understand from where its coming from.

Edit: + agree to Aidan. back then we had nothing but pictures, since a few easons we made effort to create our own liverys but instead of getting positive feedback when a car gets done we rather get: We need it, do it. Otherwise we'll get a penalty now? Wrong route

The penalty is only for the actual race, I'd expect another 4 weeks to go until that happens guys ;)
Also, please refer to private conversations, I'm open to discuss anything at all in the team chats, but let's not ruin the most prestigeous game on RD with a silly argument here okay? :)

PS:
If you complain too much, I do have the power to give out race bans, too.

Sorry but this decision came out of nowwhere. Why shouldnt we be allowed to discuss that in public? Sounds a bit totalitarian which i dont like. We are a community.
If you can't take public and constructive criticism and rather ban people from the game i don't see a reason to continue this game. :unsure:
Your postscriptum is like: Remember, i am the moderator of this thread atm, i do what i want. Not the way we should go. I am open for normal discussions as usual

I agree with the guys above. Some points I would like to make:
  • Liveries are something I don't give a damn about. I would just aske for a primary and a secondary color and it would be over. That's because I would probably change the podium image or even kill it. To make it clear, I strongly disagree with the points loss. I even disagreed when Jimmy did it in FE, and liveries are even less important here.
  • Discussing in public solves problems easily.
  • 4 weeks till the first race? Jeez that's a lot.

Wait, the first race is going to be 2 months after thread opening? Seriously? Last season the first race happened about a month from the thread opening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back