Race Department Forum Racing Season 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
FRS22 Main Image small.jpg

Welcome to the 22nd season of Race Department Forum Racing! This is the third year of the new FR v2.0 car, and the garage is starting to expand! Lets hope for a season more thrilling than any before!

Joining

Just post in the thread that you would like to join, and choose a team: either by filling an empty seat, choosing a new team from the list, or creating your own team. To create your own team, use the livery maker, or just request a livery. Once you join a team, you may not change teams.

The Races

The most important part of the game. A race consists of the moderator (me) making a post containing the words GOGOGO. After this, you must make specific posts in a certain order and time span as quickly as possible, depending on the type of race.

Sprint Race

When a sprint race happens, you just simply post Finish as soon as possible. Finishing positions are based on the order in which the correct word is posted. Typos are allowed, as long as it resembles the correct word.

New Medium Race

A new addition. When the race starts, you post Start as soon as possible. You must then wait at least 1 hour and 1 minute before posting Finish.

Feature Race

After GOGOGO, post Start as soon as possible. Wait the hour and a minute before posting Pit, before the same gap and Finish. If you pit early, the hour and a minute is counted from the pitting, but penalties will still be applied.

New 24 Hour Race

With the addition of the 24 Heures du Mans, we have a 24 hour race. After the race starts, post Start as soon as possible. You must then wait 24 hours and 1 minute before posting Finish.

Penalties

You cannot get a penalty for timing infringements in the Sprint race. In the other 3 races, each minute you post a section of the race early will earn you a 30 minute penalty to your race time. I will use Forum time for this, so be careful when cutting it fine.

There is also a ban on team radio ie: Tagging your team mate during the race to get them to finish sooner. If you do tag your team mate if they haven’t yet finished, the person who tagged will get a 1 hour penalty, and the person tagged will get a 30 minute penalty, just in case it did help them finish earlier. If anyone tags someone not in their team who has not

Finished, you will get a 2 hour penalty, and the person tagged will get nothing.

I will tag the people who are left after all points are handed out, and we are fighting for 1 point.

This does not stop you from contacting your team mate through the means of Private Messages. I will open up a conversation with each team, in which they can talk to both me and each other. Use these for Team Radio.

After you post, you are not allowed to edit that post for 5 minutes. If you post early, you cannot re-post that same order, you must carry on from there and accept the penalty. This also applies to posting the wrong thing, where you must wait 5 minutes and post the correct thing. Your time will be counted from the correction from then onwards. After posting one of the components of a race (Start, Pit, Finish), if the same one is posted soon after, it will be classed as a correction. This means that times will be counted from that post. Penalties can still be given out for double posting within 5 minutes.

Remember, I have moderator powers, and can see exactly what your edits are, so I can and will be strict on this.

We all love the points system, and this is what we shall get this season!

1. 30
2. 26
3. 23
4. 20
5. 18
6. 16
7. 14
8. 12
9. 10
10. 8
11. 6
12. 5
13. 4
14. 3
15. 2
16+. 1

Ret. 0

Pole (M, 24hr): 2
Pole (F): 3
Fastest Lap (M, F, 24hr): 1

Pole Position is awarded to the first person to post Start in a Medium, 24 hour or Feature race. 2 points are awarded for the first 2, and 3 in the latter.

Fastest Lap scores 1 point in all three races that give points for Pole. Fastest Lap is awarded to the person who completes the race in the shortest amount of time between their Start and Finish. This includes time with penalties added. In the case of a tie, the first to finish gets the point.

There will be separate awards for the people who gets the most Wins, Poles and Fastest Laps.

Test Races

There are now 3 test races, to get us into the swing of Sprint, Medium and Feature races. These are non-championship, but to make them worth the effort, there is a prize. The team that scores the most points in total for all 3 races will get a message in their inbox before Race 1 stating “The race will start within the next 24 hours”. This cannot be negotiated by the team if they won’t be available, and any public posting that the race will start within 24 hours will lead to disqualification of both drivers from race 1.
This practice of telling a team how long before a race starts will only happen to the winners of the tests in Race 1. It will never happen again during the season.

Start times

Each round will start at a different time. They are all based on GMT, to reduce any confusion regarding DST changing. Each hour of the day could start the race, and only 2 will miss out. This should mean that every time zone will have times when it is advantageous, and when it is not. The day of the week that the race starts in will be randomised. Each day will have a race start on it 3 times, and one day will get a fourth time. The times and day in test races won’t count towards the totals.

After the results, there will be a 12 hour gap where the race definitely won't start. After that, it could be any time from then until 7 days afterwards.

Inactivity
If you don't finish lots of races in succession, two things will happen. Firstly, you will lose the right to be waited for in the results, so if everyone else has finished, I will get on with the results. If it carries on, your team mate is allowed to replace you with a new driver if one appears. If the booted out driver does finish, they must choose a new team to join.

If you have a moan about my timings, or gaps between races or results, say it. I lambasted Aidan quite a lot with moans, so I think it’s only fair if people can do it to me. But there must a decent reason behind the moan for me to listen to it.

If your complaints are deemed to be without reason, and they persist, or you become rude in any way, I do have the power to give out race bans. If it ever happens, I will notify you with warnings in PM's first. Bans are awarded to teams rather then drivers, so even if it is only one driver, you and your team mate will miss a round. Bans will always be only in Sprint Races (unless there is no alternative).
Brazildri.jpg
Brazilcon.jpg

Last edited:
Calendar
Brazilcal.jpg

Teams and Drivers
Please select your cars from this zip file, and post in the thread that you want to join with that team. If you have got a new one, PM me and I'll add it.

Jaguar - Ford
jaguar-2004-png.58223

0: Dhafin Rizki (INA)
2: Steven Poirier (CAN)

Drivers Champion Jimmy Laad has left the team for a sabbatical, massively denting their ambitions. Squire announced his departure too, so the team are left high and dry. Dhafin Rizki joined up, but the team expects much bigger things than he produced last season. Ex-Viper team owner Steven Poirier joins the team too. They hope he has the speed that has given him a few podiums in the past.

Online Martini Racing - Ferrari
OnlineRacingS22.png

3: Ben Herbert (GBR)
4: Ben Utzer (GER)

Online Racing come back with new sponsorship from Martini. The drinks company will hope to give all other drivers a taste of their beverages before the races to help their drivers. The Ben's are a great team, and after securing third in the constructors championship last season, improvement is the major objective.

Ferrari - Ferrari
ferrari-2014-png.63521

5: Lesley Buurlage (NED)
6: Omer Said (TUR)

The Ferrari's had a decent S21. 2 race wins and fourth in the constructors championship is a great starting block. However, with the loss of Saidy, the team are going to need a driver to partner Rookie of the Year Lesley Buurlage. That driver is Omer Said, Honk failed to deliver him a car, so he joined Ferrari. Will the horse be prancing at the end of the year?

McLaren - Mercedes
mclaren-mp4-15-the-second-png.63281

7: Alexander Macdonald (GBR)
8: Aidan Keranen (AUS)

They proved they still had some speed in the McLaren after taking both S20 championships, but it was a tough season. Alexander Macdonald moves to McLaren, hoping that he will have a team mate who finishes most races this year. That man is Aidan Keranen, who returns to Forum Racing after a 2 season break. Time will tell whether the break should have been longer.

Benetton - Renault
Benetton_zpsaca329e3.png

9: Tobi Kederer (GER)
10: Josh Noack (AUS)

Both drivers only completed 7 races together at the end of the season for Renault. They were unable to show their speed until the last two races, but when they did, it was blistering. Tobi Kederer has a 100% record as the season starts after winning both season ending races. The money wasn't enough to save the Renault name, as Benetton had to bail them out. Will the dated car have the speed of last years?

Cedars F1 Team - Honda
Cedars.png

11: Xen Foro (GER)
12: Rami Saidy (GBR)

The Lebanese team owned by Rami Saidy though he'd made the signing of the season, but Florin Diaconescu never turned up, so got the sack. Saidy will hope for another victory this season. Judge Death comes in to replace Diaconescu, the British debutant has promise too. Death soon left though, with German Xen Foro instantly scoring a podium. Time will tell if Cedar is the correct type of wood to use as a skid block though. :roflmao:

BMW Grip Racing - BMW
Manosss_zps8b021643.png

14: Old Wolf (GRE)
15: Manolis Sigoulakis (GRE)

A disappointing season for S19 champion Manolis Sigoulakis, despite taking the Constructors championship, has led to a revival of the very team that took him to the title. BMW Greece Grip Racing also has another Greek in the team, Old Wolf. Sigoulakis needs to improve this season, and he hopes the team can help him.

Apex Racing Team - Ferrari
apex-racing-team-s22-png.57979

16: Milos Ancevski (SRB)
17: Joel Rautavaara (FIN)

Jordan buddies last season have ditched Eddie :devilish: Jordan and started their own Monaco based team. One thing is for sure, both drivers are quick, but a win still eludes both. Will this be the car to break their ducks?

Genii Mercedes F1 - Mercedes
Mercedes M1.png

18: Andrea Dovizioso (ITA)
19: Andy Black (DEN)

Viper somehow managed to get though last season, despite being ditched by the team owner. Both drivers left to find a new team, and have done so. Dovizioso has 2 wins to his name, another driver to hit the top after joining halfway through the season. Andy Black will need to improve, but the promise is there.

Honda Racing F1 Team - Honda
honda-2007-png.65357

20: James Chant (GBR)
21: Pablo Diehl (BRA)

A late entrant, Honda return with regular driver James Chant. The former champion struggled last year, but many hope it was just a one-off. Rookie Pablo Diehl shows promise, and Honda is a good team to learn the ropes in. Can the Hondas rule the world?

Last edited:
Users cars racing (who made them, not who suggested them)
@Benutzername: 4
@Jimlaad43: 3
@Aidan Keranen: 1
@Rami Saidy: 1
@Milos Ancevski: 1

STATISTICS

Wins:
Tobi Kederer - 9
Lesley Buurlage - 4
Ben Utzer - 3
Milos Ancevski - 2
Josh Noack - 2
James Chant - 1
Aidan Keranen - 1

Poles:
Tobi Kederer - 3
Milos Ancevski - 2
Andrea Dovizioso - 1
Josh Noack - 1
Rami Saidy - 1
Ben Utzer - 1

Fastest Laps:
Milos Ancevski - 3
Ben Utzer - 2
Lesley Buurlage - 1
Ben Herbert - 1
Tobi Kederer - 1
Aidan Keranen - 1

Podiums:
Tobi Kederer - 14
Milos Ancevski - 7
Aidan Keranen - 7
Lesley Buurlage - 5
Ben Utzer - 5
Andy Black - 4
Josh Noack - 4
James Chant - 3
Andrea Dovizioso - 3
Xen Foro - 3
Joel Rautavaara - 3
Steven Poirier - 2
Rami Saidy - 2
Ben Herbert - 1
Omer Said - 1
Manolis Sigoulakis - 1
Old Wolf - 1

Facts accurate as of Round 22: Brazil

Last edited:
@Joel Rautavaara
Apex Racing Team

Fastest lap is a stupid idea honestly, I would like if you could get that removed (there will be loads of ties on the FL lol, pretty much the race winner gets an extra point)

@Jimlaad43 you can start the "team radio" if you want to, though me and Joel have already created a conversation of forum racing

Νοt the time I would prefer this season to start, but of course I am in!
I don't know yet when the racing will start, but there's 3 test races anyway, and we need to get lots of people signed up.

Team?
Fastest lap is a stupid idea honestly, I would like if you could get that removed (there will be loads of ties on the FL lol, pretty much the race winner gets an extra point)
Not necessarily. I'm going to trial it in the test races. If it doesn't work, I'll remove it, but it's staying for now. :thumbsup:

@Joel Rautavaara
Apex Racing Team

Not true, only one winner had a perfect time all last season, and frankly, if I was leading by 8 minutes I probably wouldn't be risking an extra point at losing 15 more

@Jimlaad43 also I would like to complain about the new penalty system. 1 minute early adds 30 minutes to your race? And 2 minutes adds a whole hour? That's ridiculous honestly...

But the 2nd hour was not added after each minute early, I think...
it was
beaten to the punch

Milos, look back at some other seasons hey? this penalty system has barely changed in ages, and every moderator is entitled to be trying new stuff in their reign. I am a bit dismayed at the level of negativeness from you and we're still on page one for Jim's moderatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 194 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%