1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Department Drift Trials

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Stuart Pocock, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

We have often wondered who is the best drifter here at Race Department, now we have the chance to find out. We will be making use of the Online GT5 Drift Trials, this way the competion isn't just against RD'S finest you will also be going head to head against some of the world's best drifters. The Drift Trials will open to all members

Check back soon for more details.

2. Sounds like fun, something different from the TTs :). TTs are still fun too though.

3. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

I'm thinking of running TT's and the Drift Trials at the same time

4. This trial prompted me to have a go for the first time - I was :poop: . Looks like I need to do some study and practice.

Respect to all the drifters out there. :notworthy:

5. If anyone fancies a crazy car for drifting, I bought the tank car last night (at the online used car dealer) and it's mental !

6. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

The tank car is mental car to drive, try doing a lap of nords in it :)

7. Yes it is. You guys would love it at Green Hell. Drifted on every turn. Fun all the way and one crazy ride. :D

8. 'scuse my ignorance - where is 'Green Hell' :confused:

9. My back garden :roflmao:
    It's actually the nickname for the Nordschleife

10. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Nurburgring Nordschilefe

11. Me too - I tried drifting my GT-86 at Trial Mountain and I struggled to get bronze :p

Anyone got any good tips for drifting setups? I stiffened the rear suspension and I tried mucking around with the diff settings (not really sure how to try to acheive a 'locked diff' in GT5), it helped but not enough. Or maybe I just need to improve my skills XD

12. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

I know, personally i though of drifting as just flinging the back end out but in fact it's almost an art form, a huge :thumbsup: to those drifters out there. Drifting is a challenge and so far i'm :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:. Thats how bad i am

13. Lets have drift evenings. I'm interested in Drifting too. Been to a drifting lobby once and it was fun. Dub and me have tried tandemdrifting :)

14. I stumbled on this last night and was well impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Wow, is all I can say to that. :thumpsup:

16. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

I'll be posting the first Drift Trail later along with a TT