RACE - Caterham Released! Review it here

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

untitledzk2.jpg

• Michael Sharpe

just found that you now get full practice and qualifying replays :D

now I just need to complete a 2-race meeting without steam errors to see if the race2 replay bug is fixed

Not done much testing yet but so far i have found the following:

1. Control Profile has been reset.
2. Sounds for road noise, tyre scrub and another sound(can't remember what now) are set to 0%
3. Introduction of a graphics monitor, where you can set a desired FPS rate and the game will adjust the graphics automatically to keep the game running at the desired FPS.
4. The HUD now has 5 or so settings, before you could either have All HUD, Just the Rev counter or nothing, now there are more options.

As for the new cars, i can't say much yet, but early indications are very good.
I agree with Scyp the 260BHP is my favourite at the moment, i tired the 320BHP around Brands and it was bouncing all over the place, due to bumpy track and immense power, however around Monza it was pretty awesome to drive.

These cars will provide for some real fun and intense action in on-line races.

The whole game has been spruced up and is now quite a comprehensive game as you can now choose between the WTCC cars (9 models), 87 cars(2 models), Minis(1 model) and Caterhams(3 models) and 12 tracks.

Just spend some time in the Caterhams...

I didn't test the 200BHP Caterhams yet. :)
The 260BHP are my favourites. They are fun to drive and don't have too much power like the 320BHP version. This one is too powerful for me. Didn't like them that much.
I also did Imola once, and the cutting rule is indeed too strict.

More info follows :)

I am just out of the Caterham Matrix. Had some awesome fights tonight with Lubu25 and MrZero in the 260's on Oschersleben, Valencia (uebercool cat-track) and Macau (see Valencia :)).
With the simbin setups these cars are very enjoyable! Great racing!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back