1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RACE - Caterham Released! Review it here

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

[​IMG]

2. Bug #1

The Toledo's now look like Leon's in the car selection menu:)

Was speaking to a developer the other day, and this is supposed to include a number of other fixes outside of the Caterham addition. See if any can be spotted.

Oh, and can we have some general servers up? Obviously RACE Non caterham isn't compatible.

3. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

u can get for free :D

4. So when they say free do they meen free upuntill 22nd june? Then we have to pay?

5. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

free forever lol

6. it says offer the get it free expires/stop @ june 22
    so untill then you can get it for free ;)...after that if you want to buy caterham you need to pay extra

7. “The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Don't think we have to pay ;)

8. in the 2 hours or so that i played, i got steam error within the 1st 10 mins & 3 steam mini dumps within the last hour :(

#*@~^#* steam :p

9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

rofl same but i get one every hour or so

10. lol also got the steam mini dumps
    plus some more bugs.....
    jimbob....you were saying that i should record it.....well :D

11. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

LMAO we done that twice now lol in the beemers but i got stuck in between the wall :D

12. lol indeed
    going to upload that to :)

13. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

lol i wanna see that

14. before i go to sleep:)
    i think i finally found how to make puebla great to be racing on
    caterham.....great place to be drifting:)

15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Lol. Thats what I looked like at Brno a little earlier. So it looks like I have the correct technique sorted already. Funny thing though, I didn't seem to be giving me good times.:D:D

16. Hm no mini dumps for me at all.. havent got one for months.. *knocks on wood* ;)

17. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I had a good play around with this for a couple of hours, and must say I'm impressed. I've had none of the installation problems others have found, and not yet found any major issues.
    I love the new tracks, very good quality and the replays look amazing, have they added some new moving camera options? These tracks will give a new lease of life to the WTCC cars.
    I'm still trying to make up my mind about the caterhams. Very ugly (to me anyway), but great fun (and extreme challenge) to drive and a top sound. I'm still more of a Touring Car fan though.
    Lots of subtle improvements to the overall game give it more polish.
    Had a few races on line in the Cats at Brno without any Steam issues, but there were only two of us participating.

Overall (so far), hats off to Simbin. The best free game addon I can imagine. This suggests that WTCC 07 should be a real winner.

18. pls help me my steam doesent work it says could not start steam engine pls help
    i realy want that expansion so pls if somebody knows how to do pls post it

19. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Please send the dumps in .rar to me Nigel :)

20. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

Well I did a few laps with these cars and wow.... awesome!

200BHP seems quite easy to handle, I didn't spend much time with them.
    260BHP is a very nice car: I did a race session on Brands Hatch with it and I find it a nice challenging car. It's drivable, with it will trick if you are unfocussed. I like this car most of the three.
    320BHP was just a bit too much for. I just couldn't deal with the major understeer at Brno. Even if my front turns into the corner, my rear just drags it away in a straight line. These cars are the real challenge, but they are a too big a challenge for me right now.

I also like the fact that you can actually lose your wheels, even online, which will blow your race. Adds a challenge for, as I can now not afford to hit the wall too hard.

I have yet to test the two new tracks, Estoril and Imola, but that will not remain for long.

Good expansion! (although not fullly debugged yet)