1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Pedals Race-Car-Feel Brake Load Cell Conversion for Logitech G25 and G27 $129.95

Brake Load Cell Conversion by Ricmotech

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

RaceDepartment submitted a new resource:

Race-Car-Feel Brake Load Cell Conversion for Logitech G25 and G27 - Brake Load Cell Conversion by Ricmotech

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

How many kg load cell? 60? 80? Just curious, as F1 have exceptionally hard brake pedals, DP, not so sure...probably closer to GT car brake stiffness and progression.

3. It maxes out at about 40kg at the pedal face. The load cell itself has a higher rating but after factoring in the leverage the pedal creates it nets about 40kg at the center and about 35 if pushed near the top edge.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I believe Daytona Prototypes have a brake booster, so they're more like a GT car in pedal feel.

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

For those who wish to emulate an F1 cars brake pedal feel I wonder how much G-forces under braking influences what the driver is physically doing?
    For example if the driver is pulling 3-5 G under brakes he weighs (70kg driver) 210-350kg. Take 50% of that and its 105-175kg per leg. Yes I know his race harness is taking a lot of that but the driver effectively is just supporting 1/2 his weight on the pedal to push 100-175 kg.
    Quite a different excercise to sitting in a chair at zero G and trying to muster 100KG or more.

My point? Maybe a load that is greater than 1/2 your body weight is more than enough in a static situation? Dont know just thinking out loud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

That's a great point, but I think that they don't keep 150Kg for more than 0.5 seconds, and most of the weight is countered by the seatbelt, so I still find 100Kg to be acceptable for static loads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

100 kilo's is more than enough. Although the driver wears belts. They get a load of extra weight in the pedal by sort of stretching their leg and let G-force help out.

8. The G's don't really do much to help with braking as I've read from some engineers as-well as Niels H. I think F1 brakes max-out at around 125 kg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. John Lock

John Lock
    Lockinvar Premium Member

Has any one tried the brake spring upgrade From GTeye, as postage from the US is high?
    Or is this available in the UK

10. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Amazing mod, this word describes it perfectly.
    I think they have multiple postage addresses, as I ordered mine from Brazil and it was shipped in Brazil, so you might want to have a look at it.