Race #9, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

To all: PLEASE be careful in Turn 1. We keep having this. What do you hope to achieve by trying to be a hero so early on, especially as we get points for just finishing. Guy behind me had nowhere to go and crashed into me causing suspension failure but wasn't his fault. Guys in front crashing into each other caused the problem.

My waving move at 1º race was because I got a stop and go penalty after cutting 1º chicane and I couldn't do anything to contact with JES, I had a quick chat to write to Cobb but he wasn't today, then I tried to do something to take attention. This didn't work, then I had to write "Penalty" on chat during race, sorry but I hadn't other way to communicate with director.

Prefer don't make any comments about my qualy...

Overall I had many problems especially on braking. Little contact at 2º turn and many damages in front of the car which caused massive understeer and excesive wear. Another contact with hodas but it's just typical (Learn to defend a position man...). Finally 5º after some crashes at the end.

2º race was a disaster. I was in a middle of a sandwich at 2º turn, between Patel and Norbert where I got some damages, I felt less front grip again then I couldn't do anything more. 7º.

Congrats to Jiri and especially Danny, you deserved it mate.

Last edited:
I had big problems with PC and pace on this track, so I was warried about result...
In Q1 I did not bad sectors, but everytime I had 1 poor sector. Anyway no problem to get through...
In Q2 I had good lap after S2, only +.13 on Jiri, but in Ascari it wasnt perfect and I lost a lot of time. I expected to be higher with only +4 tenths from pole as 8th, times were very evenly.

In R1 I did silly mistake in parabolica, 1st lap. I thought Torres´ front wing isnt next to me yet, and turned into him (-trying to get to inside line and pass sliding car infront of me), resulting in spin and 19th place with -10% of both left tires.
Luckily I managed to get through out pack back for the solid 6th place, which isnt bad regard to the conditions.

In R2 I had good start and improved to 2nd. Then I was 15 laps trying to pass Danny, but it was difficult with a bit higher wings. Also Marco was still waiting for his opportunity, so I had no space to stay focused on fight for the lead.
I had only 1 proper chance braking into T1, where I already thought I can make it. But I underestimated it and Danny outbraked me.

2laps to go Conti did a mistake, which let us switch positions with Jiri and let him try it on Danny one more time. Unfortunatelly there wasnt enough time for it and we didnt want to risk anything.

With solid 1/6, 2/3 finish we did another good job for both championships and are already looking for last races.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%