Race #8, Hungary: Post-Race Discussion

Q1, used full race setup in error which cost me a little bit of pace.
Had the potential to be much further up the grid.

Race, with being race rusty I decided to take my time to avoid any incidents.
As with the usual WT race, the guys at the back don't seem to like using brakes. Well they use other cars to brake to be exact.

Ended up getting blocked in the carnage on lap 1, went from 15th to 24th.
Pace was strong once I'd cleared some of the slower guys. Pitted on lap 28 for another set of hard tyres, only for the pit stop to take 15 seconds due to the lap 1 damage from the bumping cars lap 1

This put me back down to 18th "ish" and again pace wasn't bad at all.
But on lap 32 my rfactor crashed as usual, hopefully the chap that was close behind me got past ok and it didn't effect his race.

Enjoyed what laps I did complete, hopefully better luck next time

PQ2: good laps, i'm 12th considering the two PQ sessions

Q1: great laps, i'm 9th

Q2: I made a mistake, forgiving the park ferme rule; I escape penalties don't doing my lap, and I'm 10th. I potentially lost 3 places, but only 1 place realistically:)

Race: in first laps I maintain the 10th place, then I start to gain positions becouse of a regular pace. I'm 7th but I'm not particularly fast, I can't do better; I have to defend my place. When pit stop starts, I managed to reduce at minimum my free practice problems, but I can't evoid to lost two positions to Aalberts and then to Francesconi, also becouse I lose time in traffic and in a contact with Valiente. I'm 9th, and with my pace I can only continue to defend; Valiente overtake me, but after the second pit stop he has an engine problem. I'm just behind him, defending from Balazs and Valeriano; I prefer to be a bit carefull, slowind down a little bit, but in this way I expose my position and then I lose two places in few meters. I finish 10th.

Not a great race by me, but I had a problem during free practice and I was very close to don't finish the race becouse if it, so a personal avarage and not bad at all race.

See you in Valencia;)

PS: this is my first race report wihout using Reverso:cool: (only Wordreference:D).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%