Race #6, United Kingdom: Post-Race Checks

No you arent, before the contact you were going a bit sideways as we can see here.

And we can also see that judging Patrik's corner radius, there was space all the time. Tight but enough.
Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. I tried to brake, the car maybe went into a slight spin, yet I had everything under control. If I had just followed the curb, I wouldn't have had absolutely any chance to pass him and I definitely couldn't make the corner either.

Conti and Godek have Back of Grid at Germany / next race. This is in the Penalty thread because not a direct result of any of the Incidents above but as a whole over the season.
In other words, the verdict did not result in a start from pits, but rather his safety rating dipping below 1.00.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ace-2014-penalties-and-safety-rating.13686/

Toman, not sure where you are getting your times from.
As I see nothing is happening, let me explain it to you. The first thing you need to do when judging cuts is to find the best sector times which you did just right. Then you obviously need to count the 101.5% times of every stint which you did not even mention in your post.

So as you can see in my cut list I added these 101.5% times. They are perfectly right, you can check it. Anything below this 101.5% according to the rules is considered as a cut. Take a look for example on Leitner Race 2. His stint best time is 1:34.742. The 101.5% time is 1:36.163, so obviously lap 8 – T9 1:35.509 is CUT.
Do you understand now? I do not know how more I can explain it to you. Obviously there is not everyone in my list as the right judging of the cuts would not change the penalty anyway.

I don't know how you can blame Patrik for that, you put your nose where it shouldn't have been!

Well thats a mega motivation boost for me to beat him , im still a rookie im in rfactor (FSR) since a few weeks , im at 60-70% pace of what im able to to , i race with sets from teammates and nothing suits my driving style.

I just make sure that im 30 sec ahead to be safe next time , enjoy your last wins in that series Jiri , good luck mate.

When you have lag and sincro problems is your problem. I believe you are a fair driver, I would do the same like Jiri and Martin to note rifts in the penalties like in WC penalty. Ace director must follow 100% his judgements since 1st race and the rule book as it says.

Well thats a mega motivation boost for me to beat him , im still a rookie im in rfactor (FSR) since a few weeks , im at 60-70% pace of what im able to to , i race with sets from teammates and nothing suits my driving style.

I just make sure that im 30 sec ahead to be safe next time , enjoy your last wins in that series Jiri , good luck mate.
Optimistic words coming from a guy who was only able to destroy his own car and push someone off the track so far. :thumbsup: Good luck with that

As I see nothing is happening, let me explain it to you. The first thing you need to do when judging cuts is to find the best sector times which you did just right. Then you obviously need to count the 101.5% times of every stint which you did not even mention in your post.

So as you can see in my cut list I added these 101.5% times. They are perfectly right, you can check it. Anything below this 101.5% according to the rules is considered as a cut. Take a look for example on Leitner Race 2. His stint best time is 1:34.742. The 101.5% time is 1:36.163, so obviously lap 8 – T9 1:35.509 is CUT.
Do you understand now? I do not know how more I can explain it to you. Obviously there is not everyone in my list as the right judging of the cuts would not change the penalty anyway.

I admit I read that rule wrong. We will take this into account in the future.

The penalties will stand as is, because it was my fault. The warnings will stand, as everyone should understand that cutting and extending the track is unacceptable, especially since you are 1 step away from the top league.

are you serious ????? thats insane, just insane.... everyone should understand that cutting and extending the track is unacceptable, and thats why they will be not penalized, lol

after 7 yrs of driving in "lower level" leagues, its first time I saw, that wrong decision is applied, even when director admitted it

I was cruising like fool in Malaysia with hugely damaged car, to get at least points for finished race, and then I have to lose 6 points just cos director did mistake??? thank you very much, that must be big "motivation" to the 2nd half of the season, really

If you want to stay on this verdict, why conti received "back of the grid" and not a "start from the pit" as you mistakenly gave him?? its the same case...

are you serious ????? thats insane, just insane.... everyone should understand that cutting and extending the track is unacceptable, and thats why they will be not penalized, lol

after 7 yrs of driving in "lower level" leagues, its first time I saw, that wrong decision is applied, even when director admitted it

I was cruising like fool in Malaysia with hugely damaged car, to get at least points for finished race, and then I have to lose 6 points just cos director did mistake??? thank you very much, that must be big "motivation" to the 2nd half of the season, really

If you want to stay on this verdict, why conti received "back of the grid" and not a "start from the pit" as you mistakenly gave him?? its the same case...

Because I am not going to penalize someone MORE for MY error. The Start from pits was changed to Back of grid which to me is a lesser punishment.

Because I am not going to penalize someone MORE for MY error. The Start from pits was changed to Back of grid which to me is a lesser punishment.
Sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do with you or your mistake. You're supposed to do the job you're here for. So ideally, no mistake should happen from your side. But we all do mistakes, I understand that and I haven't and won't say anything about that. So in my opinion, you should correct those penalties to the way they should have been in the first place.

Sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do with you or your mistake. You're supposed to do the job you're here for. So ideally, no mistake should happen from your side. But we all do mistakes, I understand that and I haven't and won't say anything about that. So in my opinion, you should correct those penalties to the way they should have been in the first place.

Its not just the penalties being corrected, but you are effectively appealing the verdict.

Warnings will stick, but more warnings will result in penalties. So keep it clean at Hockenheim!

Its not just the penalties being corrected, but you are effectively appealing the verdict.

Warnings will stick, but more warnings will result in penalties. So keep it clean at Hockenheim!
I am not appealing anything. This is not any crash incident or whatever where it's not clear. That's where the director can make his own decisions. This is the easiest thing to judge. You simply didn't apply the rules as they should have been applied and of course I am not happy about it.

Incidents #1b and #2 updated.
If driver has up to 10% illegal cut laps - no actions
If driver has more than 10% illegal cut laps - +30 sec race time penalty
If driver has more than 20% illegal cut laps - +60 sec race time penalty
If driver has more than 30% illegal cut laps - DQ

[/quote
They did not go OVER the amount "allowed". Penalties have been corrected.

This is corrected because it was MY ERROR that adversely affects the driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%