Race #5, Turkey: Post-Race Checks

You know, TOA hasnt anything to do with WS lol, TOA votes on WC rules,.. whats been used in WS and WT is the responsibility of the WT and WS directors as far as i know.

2ndly as said before people have been penalized for this same thing before so its not fair to turn this verdict back right now. I can name a few more things that are so unfair, like the rerun of malaysia why didnt we had a rerun in WT as we had 5 people with mass disconection as well,... caught top2 in the race there,.. you heard me crying there when i disconect whilest p2 in the race?? no! or Like last year when i missed a race because i failed to allocate,.. silly mistake been practising 2 weeks for a race and then forget to allocate but i was not allowed to race due to no 2nd grid,... never complained about that.

Bottom line, its all about fairnes, if you turn this verdict back its not fair for people who have had this same penalty before by sending it in the wrong directory. Should it be changed in the future, yes i agree as i think the penalty is way to harsh is that up to TOA dont think so its up to the ws directors.

Im not taking side here, can understand both parts. Rule is to harsh yes, but turning it back is not fair for people that have been threathed the same in past races.

Put it like this if McLaren were to submit a report to Race Control but really needed to go directly to the FIA, you really think they would ban them from the race for it?

No, they walk down the road, past the milkman, and had it over to the FIA, shake hands say thanks and be gone.

It doesn't matter, it's an insignificant part of the race that makes absolutely naff all difference. Just settle it properly and say ok don't worry and move on.

I'm seriously getting tired after i've read all this argueing. Stephane made a mistake obviously, rules are rules. Sending files in the correct folder is also a part of the race. Did you see Mattias crying after he had put his files in the wrong folder after Silverstone last year, no. Also, for a good comparison. What would happen if a real F1 team wouldn't let the FIA check the car, the same don't you think ? Please just stop this pointless argueing and move on.

When people are referring to my statements as crying, and when my mistake is untruthfully being described as 'lack of care', I know we're not discussing this as adults anymore. So as far as i'm concerned, this discussion is over.

Hopefully sooner or later some of you people will realize, that whats happening here, is not in the best interest of the league, and of it's drivers. Above anything it's a game, meant to be fun.

Bottom line, its all about fairnes, if you turn this verdict back its not fair for people who have had this same penalty before by sending it in the wrong directory. Should it be changed in the future, yes i agree as i think the penalty is way to harsh is that up to TOA dont think so its up to the ws directors.

Im not taking side here, can understand both parts. Rule is to harsh yes, but turning it back is not fair for people that have been threathed the same in past races.

This.

Isnt this what PMs are for? You're just going to end up with people who have no business posting here giving their 2cents (like I'm doing now) and winding each other up.

What will new members think when they see Race Directors squabbling like children about rules? Isn't this meant to be the best sim racing league on the planet?

There's no way now that JES can go back on his decision, too much has been said so just move on and maybe it'll change for the future. I'd delete all of this crap, it's embarrassing.

I believe everything relevant has been said here now, anyone with forum privileges feel free to close this thread. On the other hand it's sometimes good to discuss things openly and I can assure that every league has similar conflicts from time to time. I'll give this rule a re-evaluation in the upcoming weeks together with the administration and based on that I'll try to come up with some alternative proposals.

I will just add a statement from myself as I just came back from a business trip.

to Stephane:
It´s a strong penalty to give you for what seems a minor error. However, the whole file sending procedure is part of the race, surely you remembered to load the right setup and to put the correct fuelload. Everyone knows what happens if the files don't arrive where they are supposed to, it doesn´t even take 5 min to go through the whole file submit procedure. Checking if everything is set correctly before pressing "send" and after it check if the files arrived. The "file submit Check" was introduced to give everyone the chance to check if everything is ok. It can´t get much simpler to be honest. What you and David try is to blame FSR for something that is 100% a fault on your side (both driver and team). If you feel to leave FSR after this it´s your decision, we can´t revert it, and we don´t take the blame. I´ve been in the same situation as team manager last year, finding out in the Post Race Checks that we lost a win, it sucks, but trying to blame someone who is not at all responsible for it doesn´t work, and doesn´t help anyone.

to the rest:
the FSR Administration is not biased towards any team.
Everyone here puts a lot of work into FSR and I personally am not willing to take any accusations like this.

Talking for me, I agreed to help FSR by becoming ISR President because I was asked for and people saw me as the most valuable candidate. I don´t want a title or anything, I don´t need this to put it into my CV, I simply spend my free time to help here (and that´s quite a bit of it). But if I have to read people accuse the Administration of being biased, which is complete bull**** by the way, I will happily leave the spot to anyone else who you guys feel is more trustworthy and who will lead this whole administration better.

We are willing to rethink procedures and make them easier to follow, including this case for future races. However, this can not mean having the race directors do extra work.
If anyone feels like putting up serious suggestions (saying the director should go hunt for the files, is not a serious one), feel free to start a thread here: http://www.racedepartment.com/fsr-help-support-feedback/ as for anything else you would like to propose to change in FSR.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back