Race 5 - Autodrom Most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done all racers, thanks for commentators and broadcasters : )

My qualifying was horrible, too many energy drinks made me do a quali lap 1 sec slower than PB with shaking hands

I missed the green light a bit and thanks to that was very close behind Göran for most of the first stint, was rather equal
with him but gained massively in the braking to first corner (i remember from doran that all old guys in yellow cars were bad brakers lol)
but everywhere else he/his car was faster. At the end of the stint i was inturn chased by Gregory who gained massively on me in
braking areas, but this circuit is more for driving than racing and very hard to overtake.
I only realized the optimal way to do 90minutes in this mod after this race, i pitted too late with wrong fuels, got infront of
Gregory but Jakob got it right and passed me. Second stint i was going pretty fast in clear air, closing in well on 3rd place
but many laps from finish i saw that i had taken too little fuel, so i backed up, finishing with 0,4L in the tank - fuel economy isnt our
cars best side :)

My first race this season, so was very nervous. I apologise to everyone for getting in the way when being lapped. I was moving OFF the racing line when being lapped. This did cause problems for a few guys. So, if I am in any more races, then if I am lapped, then I will stay ON the line but slow down. Hope this is ok for everyone.
However, hopefully I will be faster!!!

All in all an enjoyable race today :)

I was dissappointed with my superpole lap, I did that better a lot of times in practice, but I was way too nervous on that lap :frown:

Started from p11 and the first thing I saw was Dinca offtrack :(

Passing on this track was just very hard for me today, I was pushing behind Wesley for many laps and on the end of the first stint behind Andreas, who was emitting so much smoke in every breaking zone in front of me, that Al Gore would make him pay extra taxes for that :tongue:

I was the first guy in the pits and had an nice and clean run to the end from that point on.
I could close in on Gregory at the end, but I ran out of time for the race and I suppose passing would be almost impossible again :snail:

q: 11th / r: 6th

Nice finish for the team, cu on the next occasion ;)
...and also a heads up for Dinca who fought back from his bad luck today :good:

First i would like to apologize for the no-show of one of the ABRacing cars. Daniel didn't manage to get his new modem to work in time and Alex got stuck at work.

Qual: Considering the time i practiced, not bad. 14th.

Race: I started the race with full tank so i can "gain" some time during the pit stop. Calm start, gaining a position due to someone leaving the track in the first lap. I knew i was going to be slow in the first stint, but everyone was pretty much on the same pace around me, so the difference was made on small mistakes that someone would made lap after lap. I made a small mistake and dropped a position to 14th again. At this stage i was getting a lot of pressure from a Yellow R8 (sorry mate, new here, still don't know names). It was a good and most of all clean battle. He made some moves to overtake me but i manage to defend my position. That R8 made a mistake and dropped 1 or 2 spots.

On lap 24/25 spun exiting the first chicane and dropped a couple of spots. I was never comfortable with my car's setup, and at this stage i was drifting almost on every corner... On the end of lap 29 i pitted, and then my whole strategy was ruined. First i made a mistake, stopping the car outside my pit stall, and the engine was already off when i stopped. Had to start the car again and move to the correct position. Pit crew made their job and sent me on my way, but... the car WOULD NOT START! I could ear the engine starting, but then... silence. I took me a good 20-25 seconds and 5 or 6 tries to get the car going.

Oh well, got out of the pits on the 20th spot, 12 seconds behind 19th car. I was pissed with the whole situation and made lots of laps filled with errors, due to not having the concentration required... In the mean time i got lapped by the 5th position car, and i started to concentrate and make clean laps. To my surprise i was able to stay on his tail, 1-2 seconds behind for good number of laps, without losing time to him. I started to pick up the pace and gain time on the 19th, my good old friend Pedro Louro from Sonic Racing Team, i catch up with him with 8 laps to go, i think, and with 5 to go (or 4... or 6... around that) i managed to pass him and gain my only position on the whole race. With 2 to go 2 guys must have crashed, since i ended up in 17th.

Not the perfect debut, but... s#$t happens.

See you next time.
Carlos Costa

Nice race today, I had little preparation for this race and was struggling a lot with the car and had a weak pace for this level of competition. I hope next time I come with a better car balance and able to fight for a better place :tongue:

p.s. I'm sorry I didn't have the Skins installed, I've just remebered it when I got to the race:frown: My collegue João Castelos had a connection lost during the warmup so he failed the race

Pedro Louro -> Sonic Racing Team

Extremely supernice race yesterdayfor me. Did not believe there was an opportunity for me to win a race in the STC.

Qualification: I made an ok qualifying thought I would go under 1:29 but it was a near thing. Ben did a fantastic qualifying. well done.
Started in second place and Ben was a little quicker and pulled off a few tenths per lap I was hoping he had a little less fuel then me. Risto was right behind me at many laps. I had to brake a little earlier then Risto I suspected that he was using less fuel. but after about 15laps I started to pull away from Risto and even approached Ben a bit. And guess if the pulse get high when I saw that Ben `s car stood still on the ground when I was lifted up for tire replacement. Now damn, I will drive fast. ran as fast as I could. We had incredible regular times, and Ben was 4-5 seconds behind and took a few tenths some laps. but I managed to avoid mistakes made ​​probably not a single error in 90 minutes. yeeeee first win ever in STC I still have a big smile across my face. And a big thank you to all lapt drivers you did an awesome job you had an eye in the rearview mirror big thanks fort hat.

And a super big thanks toDavid, Xose, Eckhart you are doing afantastic job. I saw that the result was up just minutes after the finish. Things like that make me impressed.

Aspecial thanks to Mikko who fix broadcast and Eckhart who does the talking. I have not had time to watch the race yet but I think it's perfect as usual.

Congrats to Goran for the win, podiums & all that took part.

Well that was one hard race and imo a great advert for STC :)

Quali - 17th. Very dissapointed as i was over 2 secs off pb due to hitting the kerb at the 1st chicane.

Race - 15th. A great nights racing even though dissapointed with the outcome.

Well done to all that raced, after the troubles we had in previous races with complaints & incident reports, this race showed we have the drivers to have fair, clean racing all over the field :)

Thanks to Mikko for the broadcast & Eckhart for the Commentry, it was one packed show with lots of action all over. Mikko dont get used to being camera man just yet m8y, you still have a job to do on track first :D

Thanks to all
DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back