Race #3, China: Post-Race Discussion

very very pleased with that, again though quali was not as I had wanted. Was p1 in Q1 but I knew the shootout layout for Q2 doesn't suit me as I usually get a little too nervous. Still managed a 37.0 i think But Jonathan (as he said) put in a pb lap pipping me to 3rd. Held position off the start but the first stint was really frustrating. We had done a lot of work on race pace and I was just stuck behind Jonathan in the tow who was also in all fairness stuck behind Jorrick, the straight line speed that Jonathan had also discounted the possibility of any overtake from my end. At this point I decided that I didn't want to sit in the tow any longer and looked for clean air, switching to a 1-stop so that I no longer got held up. Rens passed me pretty quickly as expected but I just couldn't hold on to second when Jonathan caught me on the last lap and just about passed me when I got slightly crossed up exiting t2. Either way the 1-stop allowed me to jump Jorrick and take my first podium in only my second race! Qualifying is the area I need to imrove, but bring on Imola! 4th in the standings I believe after missing the season opener so I'm not complaining ;)

congrats Rens and Jonathan on the 1-2

cheers guys

Drivers Involved James Sadler & Dimitry Zaharov.

I apologise to Dimitry for the incident. I should have looked in my mirrors to see if you were there before I moved across. However, I don't understand why you would try and overtake a car that had lapped you. I know cars can unlap themselves but it has history of going wrong and that's exactly what happened here.
Indeed, i was just trying to unlap myself. I don't understand why you fight a car that was 1,5 sec faster since I just pitted for fresh tyres, I would just dissappeared and never bothered you again. Maybe I also have a part to blame, I won't protest that anyway.

Enjoy the FCR China GP start! #28, thank you! And Georg Winter....:mad:

There you can see, that i couldnt see you, when I started to throttle. Look at second 0:44 at your video. When I was looking at you, your car was aiming to the outside of the track. So I got on throttle and wanted to go inside track. Then you switched to inside.

Rando IMO that is a closing wedge you were driving into, Georg was naturally turning away from an incident which was likely to spray back across the track at him and you had put yourself in a closing gap. Also not really sure of your intentions when trying to unlap yourself against me. Very lucky it was only you that spun.

EDIT: sorry Rando I got confused between who was who, the driver who was on Georg's left was at fault for georg's spinning, not much you could do for the following contact.

Last edited:
There you can see, that i couldnt see you, when I started to throttle. Look at second 0:44 at your video. When I was looking at you, your car was aiming to the outside of the track. So I got on throttle and wanted to go inside track. Then you switched to inside.
Still in such a situation just wait for 2 seconds so everyone who didn't get collected has a chance to survive, because your race is already messed up that 2 seconds wouldn't make a diffrence.

Still in such a situation just wait for 2 seconds so everyone who didn't get collected has a chance to survive, because your race is already messed up that 2 seconds wouldn't make a diffrence.

This is, what I wanted to say. :thumbsup:
Georg, you risked and that risk ruined my race, next time wait, like Frederic said.

Ya, I wait until all other crashed cars have passed me and I´m last.
If it had happened in the race on track, I would totally agree, that it was my fault. But not at a masscrash at start.
And btw why he changed line to the inside, when he saw, that my front was facing the inside? Do he think, that I make a 270° burnout reverse? If he had took the outter line, like he did first, nothing had happend...

Before the race I was honestly nervous for qualifying, believing I wouldn't have reached Q2 but thankfully I did, and I was quite satisfied with 7th, although 6th was close too.

I didn't practice that much for the race so my pace was quite poor. I also spun once during the race, but even with that, I almost finished in 7th, Clayton less than 2 seconds away, and unfortunately for me, this might've cost me the position:

/watch?v=HRzC-0cNdws&t=1h14m6s

Nevertheless, quite satisfied with P8 and finally finished a race. I also had a scary moment during the opening laps where I drove under a car, luckily my race didn't end there. :laugh:

Might as well upload a video of that soon.

Ya, I wait until all other crashed cars have passed me and I´m last.
If it had happened in the race on track, I would totally agree, that it was my fault. But not at a masscrash at start.
And btw why he changed line to the inside, when he saw, that my front was facing the inside? Do he think, that I make a 270° burnout reverse? If he had took the outter line, like he did first, nothing had happend...

Ehh, you did wait under a second, maybe not even that. You made the st**pid move right after the crash. Was that so hard to watch/wait for 2-3 seconds in the middle of the track?!
Next time if I have a "massive crash", then I will do some donuts on the track and give no f**k where anybody is.

First of all congrats to Twister and Rens, great pace once again! :thumbsup:

I felt so stupid when I noticed I forgot to add fuel for the formation lap, so I had to save around 2/3L during the race. I decided to go full in the first part of the race and then save fuel in the latter part. At the first stint Rens was faster than me and Dan and Jonathan probably also. As I was afraid for the undercut I pitted earlier, which gave me some breathing room to Jonathan. Then in the 2nd stint I needed to start saving fuel, which let Jonathan to close the gap easily. I slowed down in sectors 1 and 3, and pushed in s2 so he wasnt too close in the DRS zone. But that only worked for around 2 laps. After Jonathan passed me it was all about saving fuel, which let Suokas to close up near the end. Luckily he made a mistake which saved me p4. In all fairness I didnt know if I would have done any better with the correct fuel load, Twister and also Dan had great pace. Anyway I am ready to strike back at Imola. :ninja:

See you guys there!

video_57.png
wats the problema David Cedillo ni una disculpa

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back