Race #2, Malaysia: Post-Race Checks

and what does that have to do with this? first of all godek wasnt even onto the apex, secondly saying that the PM was alongside him is 10%, 90% of his car however was not alongside him. It was the PM car who was way to optimistic and made the contact hence the spin and chaos. Ofcourse you can do what you want in fsr when you have the authorithaaaa but what do you think outsiders will say when they see de wit making an overtake manouvre without any contact what so ever to which my message you just quoted Eduard was related to, i stick to my point that for the PM car in this case there was no such room for an overtake considering his track position. If one is 10% alonside a different driver than you are saying that you can tab him round like an american police car does in a chase because the other guy should give you room, in my racing knowledge and real racing experience it is my understanding that the front guy decides the racing line and godek was in front and he did not even close the door firmly he sticked to his racing line. Did u expect godek to go completely on the outside on that point of the track when he is deciding the racing line? the guy in the back and certainly in this case is the one to blame. If you want to punish people for overtaking manouvres without contact Eduard feel free to, you are not giving FSR the example it needs and requires by those actions. You want to meassure with different weights feel free to, others might be unlikely to participate in FSR when admins make poor decisions like the one you made with Patrick and Jim. A true admin does not look to the names on the car and judges by the root of the accident, the somewhat childish political views that are being used in FSR are not realistic towards racing. Either way i wont bother again with this issue and i wont reply, but you sow what you seed.

You didn't get my point at all, according to all your posts from this week if De Wit did this you would say it was clean move, even if he was 10 meters behind.

When a PM does it you say he shouldn't. The main difference is that the PM driver was already there, all the way down to T2 alongside with the other car, feel free to check it with the replay.

So you are acusing me of what you are doing, changing your understanding of racing according to the people involved in the incident.

as i said in a recent post i was amazed that parisis got reported too when he dove into de wit turn 1 so that statement about pm or not i dont really care. If it was de White i would have said the same although that is easy for me to say now indeed. Let me make clear that i fully respect what you are doing for fsr i know there is alot of sacrifice in terms of time to be an admin i just dont agree with the decesions because they are out of sync, this is my opinion and maybe i shouldnt go on forum with it but the reason i did was because secretly i care about fsr too its the point of view that is different between us and i would love to see FSR unite again than anything else, there will always be discussions but lets enjoy the battle that is upon us between bono and morand and enjoy rf2.

as i said in a recent post i was amazed that parisis got reported too when he dove into de wit turn 1 so that statement about pm or not i dont really care. If it was de White i would have said the same although that is easy for me to say now indeed. Let me make clear that i fully respect what you are doing for fsr i know there is alot of sacrifice in terms of time to be an admin i just dont agree with the decesions because they are out of sync, this is my opinion and maybe i shouldnt go on forum with it but the reason i did was because secretly i care about fsr too its the point of view that is different between us and i would love to see FSR unite again than anything else, there will always be discussions but lets enjoy the battle that is upon us between bono and morand and enjoy rf2.

That's the problem Chris, if I read your posts from WC post-race checks you should defend Hodas move, so all what are you saying in this ACE post-race checks doesn't make sense.

I always said it, I can understand that people doesn't agree with my warnings or penalties it's just human and natural that we don't share the same vision of racing but before making such long posts we should try to be consistent with our views. This is a very common issue when you are the affected of the incident or you are the guilty one.

I gave official warning to De Wit and Parisis for a similar dive move, and the teams involved protested eachother so in my understanding this teams should agree with such verdicts. So we have to respect what teams protest even if we don't agree and also my verdict of it.

I gave official warning to De Wit and Parisis for a similar dive move, and the teams involved protested eachother so in my understanding this teams should agree with such verdicts. So we have to respect what teams protest even if we don't agree and also my verdict of it.

The reasons why I decided to protest Parisis I explained them to David privately, but we really expected that verdict to be "Nothing". For the record, I don't think Parisis should have received an Official Warning since he did not breach any rules.

The DQ from #13 is a bit tough penalty and I would have judged on a different scale, but I am not race director. But a driver who reads the rulebook (are there such?) would have noted:

1.16 After crossing the finish line, the drivers can drive a parade lap back to the pits or press ESC as soon as they want. Drivers are not allowed to crash in to other cars or walls while celebrating/mourning the happenings of the race.

In other words, if you read the rules you are always on a pretty safe ground.

Regarding incident #10, I think it's a 50-50 incident, which both parties could have avoided with smarter driving. Had it not caused a 15-car wreck, I doubt it would have been a big penalty. The penalty came rather from the consequences is my understanding, a bit like with Grosjean in Spa 2012 (had he not taken out Alonso & co, they would never have applied the race ban).

Anyway, if there is something that the teams don't agree with it's better to have a chat with the director in private. Of course it's not likely to change anything unless there is new evidence that the team can present. Ultimately the rules and penalties are there to help the drivers, but since there is some confusion at moment, me and the directors will discuss a bit things together for the next race.

Kris, may I ask you to give us some further detail on the verdict on incident #4? Like what should have Norbert done differently? What rules did he breach? How did you come to the conclusion of Norbert being handed 1.0 penalty points?

Since we do not have the possibility of appealing Ace verdicts, we will have to accept the penalty, but the penalty would be useless if we do not understand what the driver is penalised for. Thanks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%