Race #17, Brazil: Post-Race Discussion

Grats again Jeff

I was pretty happy to finish 4th everything considered, but we really had a top 3 car today and i was a bit frustrated that we could not make the most of it's performance - thanks to everyone at DHR for putting a really competative package together this weekend.

Quali went pretty well - got within a gnat's of my PB so happy with that.

Greens goes and we slot into P3 after T1/2, but i just could not keep right up with Jeff and Atze and slipped to a couple of seconds back but then stableised the gap and kept it pretty constant until Atze looped it around at T4 and me and David had to avoid and that let Jeff free to build a gap. Then when Atze caught me i left him room on the inside as i didnt know his strategy and being on a 1 stop didnt want to kill my tyres fighting so early on, but he looked like he braked too late and spun again - i did hear his comments on the BC and having looked at my replay it did seem like there was some lag or warp going on as he came over real close at the turn in point, but i didnt feel any contact which is why i was really puzzled by my pitstop. As i was coming down pitlane i was cycling through the menu to make sure and i saw Repair All on, so i had to slow down before my box to turn it to Off - that cost me a lot of time and when i came out i was right with MP and gradually we built up a nice little train of cars and had a bit of a scrap for the last 20 laps which was great fun and i just about had enough to hold onto 4th at the end.

The thing with Atze really hurt the car though it seemed as i just could not get the power down out of the slow corners and without that i would probably have had a comfortable 3rd, but lag and stuff happens so no complaints from my end

Hey Jack.. I was hoping I didnt hit your car :(. You left plenty of room indeed, but your car was flipping due lag from my side. That why I went all the way left and lost control because there is no grip there. I just wasnt sure where your car exactly was at that moment, so i didnt want to take any risk, which didnt work out the way it was supposed to. Anyway, I'm sorry if I hit you, my replay is gone because of the disco, so I can't check it :(

Nah not anyones fault Atze and i know what you mean as i had the same thing happen myself at the Singapore race and its a nightmare to deal with - racing over a bunch of wires will always cause problems at some point hehe.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back