Race #13, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

From GPCOS:

Q1: Big struggle, didn't think I would get in to Q2 but just made it in P9
Q2: Solid lap, nothing special but pole position!

Race:

Good start, easily kept my lead. Lead for 10 laps until Bono passed me. Was stuck behind him while he was doing god knows what and slowing us down for about 10 laps after finally pulling away.

After that I kept pushing, trying to keep a gap to Jaakko & Morgan behind.

During the pitstop I had a dejavu of Silverstone last year when Jaakko pulled right in front of my pitbox. Had to make a quick decision and manouver around him right next to the garage walls.

The 2nd stint was going fine until the 3rd to last lap, made a mistake in the middle of the 1st Lesmo which allowed Jaakko to get in my slipstream.

In the final lap he managed to pass me with a bit of a questionable move in the first chicane.

Very frustrating race after Q2, but a decent result for the championship regardless.

From GPCOS:

I barely tested for this one, I don't like Monza. Additionally due to the questionable modern way F1 is nowadays, I had a brake duct disadvantage with my driving style so I was 0.3s slower by default. Didn't think it was worth trying anything then.

I started on P13, worst of the season as expected, but obviously race pace I knew would be better, especially considering there were some hotlappers ahead. Had a good start and won 2 positions right away.
After that I was battling with the group ahead of me, specially Lee, which was great fun. Passed these guys before the pitstop, after that it was boring. Then just cruised home in 6th because fuel and brakes were on the edge, luckily it lasted.
Good result for the championship.

From GPCOS:

After Q2 I was surprised by eighth position. I was hoping to get a good start to win 1-2 positions and show my speed during the race. After the start to my regret I lost 2-3 positions. Then we were all very tight in a train and exchanged positions.
After 2-3 laps I was stuck behind Lee and we made a great battle. He was faster than me on the straights and it was very difficult to overtake him. I overtook Lee after 4-5 laps after he cut the first chicane and then he must let me pass, then in sector 2 I made a gap with my higher wings and built a gap so I could drive away. Towards the end of the race I was one of the fastest on track and tried hard to catch up to Morand, but he already gained too much time in the first part of the race so I do not take unnecessary risks and brought the car home in 5th place.

Thanks to Damian and the rest of the GT Omega team for the hard work, the car was perfect all race, I look forward to racing the final races this year.

From Gpcos:

After yesterday's mistake i was motivated to have a good result today, but it wasn't to be......

Q1: a PB obviously, but i knew if i put the sectors together i could do a time like that, i would have preffered a P2 in Q2 obviously but it was nice to be up there.

Q2: i felt the lap wasn't too bad, but it was still half a second off so not very good, but still plenty of oppurtunity from P7.

Race: I was careful at the start to keep my wings and Pat and Lee passed by braking later. Then we were all in the train offcourse, trying to keep my wings and find a way past Lee if possible while keeping it clean. It was quite intense and fortunately the group was quite respectful on track so we could all keep our wings.

When i finally cleared all the traffic i was finally able to show my pace in clean air before the pitstop. After the stop i was concerned about my brakes being in traffic so long, so i was saving them a bit behind Blair.

All the laps in testing i did not once spin at the exit of Ascari, i felt so safe through there all race long, but the car just went and there was nothing i could do.......

Strange how things go, you can be in an 5-8 car train and get out of there with no damage, but then retire in a corner where u have had no issues at all, quite dissapoiting..........

Congrats to the point finishers and a shout out to my Pince tmate Dimi for some points on his B-Day."

Challenge accepted?
ChallengeAccepted.jpg

"Q1: Very good session for our team as both of me and Lee got into Q2!

Q2: I made my personal best hotlap for Q2 and I got my best starting position in FSR! Really happy about this!

Race: Since we changed to Race session, my computer acted really strange. In T1, T2 and Ascari I was getting frozen screens in every lap! I couldn't drive with these issues but I gave my best for the team. In 1st lap i couldn't see almost nothing cause of frozen screens so I lost control of the car and got into the grass in T2. I let everyone pass me just to be sure everyone will be safe. After that my race was quite clean, except of the incedent where I lost my front wing and I forced to pit. Finally I finished in 11th position without scoring any points today.
Disappointed race overall but good qualify. I have to get it together sometime..."

Congrats and a big thank you to my team for the effort we did these days, we got good sings from this race and we will continue that hard.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back