Race #13, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

Why it should not work?

Imagine this: A driver with the tendence to drive 'dirty' is getting a strong penalty like BOG or even a DQ and cant score points. Which teamchief would accept that atleast for the WC or WS? I guess if you are driving dirty and get harsh penaltys your teamchief will kick you, because there is maybe a slower driver but he can score regularly.

If the team owner and driver in question are best friends and you couldn't find another WC driver to take his place he won't be kicked off the team. The team owner will just defend his driver no matter what.

Phil Estrada
team owner/manager Twister-Racing
www.twister-racing.net

If the team owner and driver in question are best friends and you couldn't find another WC driver to take his place he won't be kicked off the team. The team owner will just defend his driver no matter what.

Phil Estrada
team owner/manager Twister-Racing
www.twister-racing.net

exactly - There is only one thing what could probably work most effectively - its penalty-money - how or when or if thats the question and its really sad even to think about that and I´m sure this sounds not for everyone as the best idea but in my opinion that could be the thing which would have the best chances...

I think the real problem here lies within the teams and how teams are run. Do you really want someone saying about your driver that he should be banned from the League for his driving? This goes back to the team as well as the driver always represents a team. So in my opinion we shouldn´t have these discussions about harsher penalties or something. The team managers just have to make sure their driver sees the error he made and will do everything to make sure it doesn´t happen again. Which sadly isn´t the case at all. Neither the drivers understand their mistake (often, not always) nor do the team managers make sure it doesn´t happen again, the oposite is the case quite often as the drivers say they were given no room and blame the other.

Maybe those penalties should be taken to another Level. If a team is involved often in such incidents then there should be a penalty going to the team (financial or championship points) this way it will hurt the team so the managers will make sure their drivers don´t do it.
And we see many examples each race that clean and hard fighting is very possible, so this would by no means make races more boring.

Because we have many friends and enemies the things you are proposing are never going to work never
Too many people are connecting to each other!!!

If you want changing you need to adres people that have nothing to do with the teams nor drivers!!!
Cause if there is an incident on track or whatsoever 100 people complain and blackmail a driver
Like me for example at Spa the commentator about hitting people stuff this and that,,,
Some people don,t have clear vieuws of what is actually happening on the track
And give an oppinion which is free to do so but many opinions are based on attacks and not on clear vieuw
There are too many powers involved inhere which i don,t like at all
You guys are talking about admitting mistake blah blah man is that so hard to do or does that make you a clean driver hell no!!!
Were talking about racing and things happen....
And for example when i try to overtake its not dive bombing or bumping others cars out
Something yes car locks up and then can,t do anything to avoid the other car i try too but its not intentinal
Also waiting for the other car to make a mistake?Hello do you see much drivers making a mistake while they know its very hard to overtake
You need to push push like hell
I don,t get it always right noo(not perfect)
But i don,t like it the way people talk if the driver behind just barges true cause thats is not true!!
When i defend to another car i also give room to other or at least try to when i am not too late
This is my vieuw
I know i get attacked or whatever but i am used to this in FSR by now :p:

Maybe those penalties should be taken to another Level. If a team is involved often in such incidents then there should be a penalty going to the team (financial or championship points) this way it will hurt the team so the managers will make sure their drivers don´t do it.
And we see many examples each race that clean and hard fighting is very possible, so this would by no means make races more boring.

This is a very good idea, taking points away from the team and also from the drivers. But as someone said, I dont think that anybody will change his behaviour because of it.

I think that this is really sad to see that people dont change their behaviour on track, but I still think harsher penaltys might work. I mean who wants to get for example a back of the grid like every 2nd race and if he got his 3rd BOG he will be not able to participate for the next 2 races. Some might change if the penaltys would be that hard. Not everybody maybe, but some... that might be a start, and I think that it's better as it is now.

Maybe some more people should tell their opinions about it instead of saying: "That didnt work in the past." Should we leave it all becuase it didnt work in the past? Seems to me like this year its also not the best way and also doesnt work. So you better let your ideas flow so we might find a better solution.

Maybe some more people should tell their opinions about it instead of saying: "That didnt work in the past." Should we leave it all becuase it didnt work in the past? Seems to me like this year its also not the best way and also doesnt work. So you better let your ideas flow so we might find a better solution.

we or specially I said this because this years penalties are much harsher as they have been last year for example.

Generally Patrick has some right in his post - some action you simply cant avoid, you should say sorry and excuse at least then, not in form as it was caused by lag or some comparable stuff, straight away, damn I did a mistake and I need to accept it - this straight excuse looks many times better then the lag-caused stuff, the following penalty is sure but ppl cant make or see it as a surprise or smth, because each of us knows very well when it was his fault or not!! - also most action isnt intentional, right, it would be horrific if it would be so - and as well some action you cant predict, you need to try or you should wait till another opportunity, there are just only these two options - but the difference is what makes the difference.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back