Race #13, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

GPCOS:

"Really happy to be so competitive again. last race I was strong because we had plenty of time to test. This week we didn't. Pretty much all week I was struggling with quali pace. Thanks to great teamwork we managed to get things right in order anyway. So Quali i was heading for 1.43.6 but a small mistake in the last Chicane cost me 0.2sec. Still 7th position, which was a good position to start the race, knowing that my racepace was good.

I had a good start to p6 and after Nilson went of track I was on 5th with de Wit on my back. Avoiding his questionable manouvres I lost time, instead of just cruising with the pack. My car was damaged after several hits in the back and side from de Wit and got harder to handle. After that an unfortunate braking misser of Nilsson brought an end to my race.

I hate speaking about possible results, but this was one of those races which was ment to be a good one for me..

Special thanks to Phil Estrada to give me the trust and supports and to the whole team for all the work and help. Cya in Monza."

Hi all,

I have been watching broadcast and I don't know what was Scott Wilde watching, no offense but it seems he didn't watch the same race as I did. Most things I remember were situations from P. De Wit against Karol Poniatowski. If we go to situation in Pouhon, De Wit was inside, it doesn't matter how much but he was inside. Karol didn't give him 1 car width into Pouhon and he got what he deserved. If we go to La Source incident it also seems that P. De Wit had inside line for La Source hairpin. Again, P. De Wit didn't get enough room to make the turn and again inevitably happen.

It's nothing against Karol or Scott, just my opinion.

From GPCOS:

Qual: 1:43.5 (P2)
Race: P2

Not so many laps for this one compared to Hungary, and only made the setup with race fuel, I realized I was struggling for qualifying so two hours before the race I changed my setup allowing me to go half a second faster on low fuel and the 1:43.5 was enough for P2, extremely happy with that.
I had no idea how the setup would feel in the race, it was okay then but very slippery in Eau Rouge and it almost put me out of the race two times there.

Other than that, no major issues. Same race as in Hungary pretty much. Bono wasn't that much faster, again, but a little bit is enough.
So I concentrated on bringing P2 home, and although my second stint was quite bad for some reason (never tested it) I finished second without any troubles.
Quite a tactical race this one, I let Prevot pass me to save some fuel and engine behind him, but it wasn't necessary in the end. I had 10L too much and some engine left as well, but safe is safe.
P2 is a really nice result.

Congrats to Bono and Mikko.

Hi all,

I have been watching broadcast and I don't know what was Scott Wilde watching, no offense but it seems he didn't watch the same race as I did. Most things I remember were situations from P. De Wit against Karol Poniatowski. If we go to situation in Pouhon, De Wit was inside, it doesn't matter how much but he was inside. Karol didn't give him 1 car width into Pouhon and he got what he deserved. If we go to La Source incident it also seems that P. De Wit had inside line for La Source hairpin. Again, P. De Wit didn't get enough room to make the turn and again inevitably happen.

It's nothing against Karol or Scott, just my opinion.

Thanx glad that some people watch how it should
Its not what Poniatowski deserved howerer...was racing incident nothing more

im sorry with dominguez, i use to brake very late then u in first curve and in lap 4 i mistake, but is the race, if u don't accept this things and whine only....try other games.

My race was ruined by my mistake, then i have sospension damage and i was slower 3-4 tenth for lap as normally, i try only to bring car at finish..

Congratz to bono who is always alien asd and the great podium.

Sorry Borna, but I have to disagree with you. In my view if we take the Pouhon situation, his (de wits) front tires were on about the height of Karol's rear tires or maybe a small amount more to the middle and sorry, if you are not even on the same height you cannot pass into Pouhon. That is just a move which will result in contact for sure as the ideal line goes from the outside to the inside, this move was meant to end in contact. And sorry, but to say it was Karol's fault is in my view ridicoulous.

I totally agree with Lukas, some guys still just dive down the inside of a corner and think they should be given room. Some of the racing shown yesterday was really questionable. But I´m sure the director will penalize those moves.

I have to agree here.
I don't like all the talk about "giving room" because sometimes that is nonsense, simply because when you race against certain drivers, you would ALWAYS need to leave the door open, else they crash into you, and if you do that, they pass you.
So whatever you do, you lose. And that's not right. Pass properly or don't pass at all. Mistakes can always happen by everyone but some do it all the time and some very seldomly.

I have to agree here.
I don't like all the talk about "giving room" because sometimes that is nonsense, simply because when you race against certain drivers, you would ALWAYS need to leave the door open, else they crash into you, and if you do that, they pass you.
So whatever you do, you lose. And that's not right. Pass properly or don't pass at all. Mistakes can always happen by everyone but some do it all the time and some very seldomly.

AMEN.. also to Lukas and Johannes

here i remind incident with ben, i was inside, we were almost completly side by side, he was 10cms fron, kanitz put that as racing incident as that was bens corner, i find that ridicolous still. But i was side by side so it for me is a incident and in insiders favour :) (here also reminding that WT hasnt got appeal system :/ ). Here if only front wing or so is on side then it could be questionable driving :)

I totally agree with Lukas, some guys still just dive down the inside of a corner and think they should be given room. Some of the racing shown yesterday was really questionable. But I´m sure the director will penalize those moves.

sure like i lost my 5th place in monaco with questionable moves!!!
This is really frustrating some guys always whines the hardest while there own moves are 5 times worse
I got knocked out in Monaco
In Spa nothing serious happened and yet again we call for bans and penalties
Way to go for the people that complain the hardest again... again u guys surprise me time and time again
Great job

here i remind incident with ben, i was inside, we were almost completly side by side, he was 10cms fron, kanitz put that as racing incident as that was bens corner, i find that ridicolous still. But i was side by side so it for me is a incident and in insiders favour :) (here also reminding that WT hasnt got appeal system :/ ). Here if only front wing or so is on side then it could be questionable driving :)

I pay Kanitz for leanient penalties,and where possible not to give penalties!!! So unlucky Priit:cool:

The problem is that there are some very quick drivers, but they have no race intelligence ( I dont say any names, becuase I didnt review these incidents ). Like Dennis said, some people allways think that they have the right to go first, even if they are behind before a corner. If there is no clear room to pass, step back try it next time. THATS RACING! And not crashing people out of the way, and with that I even mean little contacts that pushes others out of the way.

That is just dirty driving. And if you disagree with me, watch some F1 races, you learn how to behave on track :D

sure like i lost my 5th place in monaco with questionable moves!!!
This is really frustrating some guys always whines the hardest while there own moves are 5 times worse
I got knocked out in Monaco
In Spa nothing serious happened and yet again we call for bans and penalties
Way to go for the people that complain the hardest again... again u guys surprise me time and time again
Great job

Patrick I´m sure you don´t want to start listing errors from the past ;)
The incident you are talking about was penalized heavily and at least the driver in question didn´t go and blame others, he realized that he has done wrong. That´s the difference between you, some others and those who know how to drive.

I have to agree here.

exactly, thats the point!
Sometimes you are in the mood not to step back and use your brain but loose the position as a result. Thats what I did yesterday in Pouhon - I wasnt in the mood to step back! I surely knew that Patrick was there, I surely knew that he isnt on my height and yea I surely knew that thats my line - so I only acted like everyone else would do! Close the door! A race has so many opportunities to prepare overtaking manoeuvres but often it must be the first one which almost always must end in tears.
Sure Patrick gave the position back, yea, 20 laps later lol - at a point where the race was almost settled so what...
But especially this Pouhon situation could bring a turn in my race because I was 5th then and who knows where it would end up for me if I wouldnt be kicked of the track and loose 3 important positions ;) think twice.

regards

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back