Race #11, Japan: Post-Race Checks

It's funny how everybody says that you have never seen problems at starts with manual start in your home leagues, in my case it's totally the opposite, I remember problems almost in every race with people losing the control easily. It turns out that it also happened in FSR in the past, so I don't know what to think, either I had really bad luck or you guys come from really special leagues.

Speaking of tracks, how is old Spa any challenging and/or interesting? It's the most boring track possible for a modern F1 car, 95% of the lap full throttle on neverending straights. Bahrain's T10 alone is more interesting than a full lap at old Spa. Nordschleife is simply not suitable for that kind of cars.

Edit: I was actually interested to see how far I was from my estimated throttle usage at old Spa, so I went to track in AI mode, then checked telemetry and ... 95,55% average throttle per lap with default setup :D
Call me pedantic but I think you mean Turkey and I agree.
but then who am I anyway?

vErJMj2.png

I think he indeed thought Bahrains T10 - and its really great corner ;)

I miss high speed in F1 tracks, and when there's high speed it ends in a bloody hairpin :p

You mean like Hockenheim, Melbourne, Austin, Bahrain, Malaysia, China, Canada and current Spa layout.

How is Nordschleife not suitable? F1 cars can drive there no problem at all. We even had bumpier tracks this season xD
Probably because it's awful old track totally not suitable for F1 cars, full of corners with -2% chance of overtaking. I love that track but driving an F1 car there is like being an elephant in a glass store. I know you're gonna jump on me because of Monaco but one lap in Monaco is roughly 2.8 km. Not sure how long is Nordschleife actually.

It's funny how everybody says that you have never seen problems at starts with manual start in your home leagues, in my case it's totally the opposite, I remember problems almost in every race with people losing the control easily. It turns out that it also happened in FSR in the past, so I don't know what to think, either I had really bad luck or you guys come from really special leagues.

I even seen some people starting backwards.

0:38

This year we had some new non-F1 tracks such as Imola and Indy. I liked the idea but feedback was mostly negative. This thread is example of the controversy it creates, we have these kid drivers who just started watching F1 and only want to re-experience that in FSR.

Regarding DRS, it was decision voted by WC team owners, as was the wish to use 100% ISI mod physics, including dirty air, which itself basically implicated DRS in order to get overtakes. Was also discussed in lengths here. There was basically opposition for many years regarding the fact that FSR made its own mod. People from both inside and outside FSR had impression that only certain teams could affect the mod physics. (This is of course partly true, because only active people within mod team can affect the process in first place, and for some reason those active people almost always comes from big teams...).

I was driving for years in leagues, where was LC disabled almost every year. There were also drivers at the end of the pack, who struggled with pace, but still were really clean and were able to start without LC and without any problems related to it.

And its very easy even without brake maps and two clutches. FSR shoudl be pinnacle of league F1 simracing, and its weird, that on this level we arent able to block LC. Tbh, I saw more start crashes right on the grid this year, than in my whole carreer - and we have LC.

But Ive to admit, that this decision was primarily related to smoke produced by wheelspin during winter series. But it this problem will be or is gone, we should ban LC immediately.
I havent tested the Formula ISI recently, but with the IndyCar and FR35 2014 smoke is not a big issue. There is some, but nothing compared to the Winter Series.
I drive in an Indy leauge without LC. You can see the race start at 45:30

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back