Race #09, GB: Post-Race Discussion

gpcos:
Q1: I did one lap and my rFactor crashed. luckily my time was registered so I was safe.
Q2: reasonable safe lap, not perfect but good pole!

WU: rFactor crashed again! So had to shut everything down, delete the buggy CTDP plugin and installed XD. Nevertheless I was stressed out at the beginning of the race.

Race: 1st corner went almost wrong nearly kept it there but fell back to 3rd. I knew I had to overtake Mikkonen quickly because else Greco would be too far maybe. But this happened quite soon. After that I closed the gap to Greco and he didn't fight me either.

After that I was quite relaxed but when Greco disconnected, I saw Bono was already 4 sec behind me.. So from there is was stressy, but I kept it under control.
Finally that victory where we've been waiting for.

I wanna thank the whole team for the hard works these weeks and special thanks to my friend Cossacco who was guiding me through these weeks and race keeping me sharp..!

Now I will jump into the car to France/Spain to do some surfing :)

Have a good break all!!

Q1: I made a good clean lap and got a 4th place in Q1. I was little surpised by that I can say, I wasn't expecting to be that good.

Q2: Made a small mistake in my hotlap that costed about 2 tenths but P7 was ok for me.

R: My race started well with De Matos passes me in the start. Then 2 cars spun in front and got myself in P6. Then Morgan Morand made an uncharacteristic move cutting the track and drove into my racing line in the middle of the 1st lap. A very dangerous move by him and then he made a stop, guessing a stop&go penalty cause cutting the track. So, P6 again behing De Matos. I was patient behind him waiting for an error but it wasn't coming. Then in lap5 Bono and I danced through T1 of s2 with him taking the position at last. I was keep pushing for P5, as Greco got DNF. But in lap number 24 I got a disconnection from the server. Really sad to see that coming but this is "online racing". Hope to have better luck next time.

From GPCOS:

Q1: 28.8, made a mistake which cost me a spot in the top 10, 11th on the grid.

Race:

Start was pretty tight, a lot of cars heading in to the sweeping corners in sector1, seemed to be quite clean though.

Heading in to the 2nd to last corner on lap 1, I braked as soon as the guys in front of me did, and the guys behind me took advantage, passing me and pushing me wide over the tall curb, dropping me to 13th.

After that I managed to pass Allar and Pat, both were quite tricky to pass because I had much higher wings than them.

I decided to pit 1 lap ahead of schedule to try to leapfrog some places, near the same time a few people retired from disconnections, and I was surprised to see myself in 6th places after the stops, closing in on 5th.

It was very difficult to pass De Matos though, at the same time I knew that I was asking a lot from my tires which were already on the limit even without the dirty air.

I started saving my tires after Dennis passed me, I also had to let Nilsson pass a few laps from the end because I was so concerned that my tires would not last.

Starting the last lap however I saw that I had just enough wear left that I could push as hard as I wanted on the last lap without fear of a puncture.

Starting the final sector I noticed Nilsson made a mistake, so I tried to take advantage. We had a hard fight for the last corners and I managed to pass him on the outside of the 2nd to last corner, which was a very nice feeling in the end.

Congrats to Atze for his 1st win and Bono for his great race, also a nice podium for Blair.

Q1: 1.28.7, was p10. Didn't expected to drive q2 so first surprise of the day.

Q2: 1.29.8 not a good time but p8 on the grid so not so bad.

Race: I had a good start and was able to pass Jim Parisis.I saw 2 cars spuns and was p5 end of lap 1 because Morand had to pit.
After i had to defend against Jim Parisis but i had enough top speed to stay front. After some laps , i saw Bono "Rocket" Huis just behind me and i was no able to defend p5.
After Bono passed me, again i had to defend against Jim until he had a disco lap 24.
After i pitted, Mikko was behind me and i had to defend again. Thanks to good top speed, was able to defend p5 and i had to do the same thing with Dennis at the end of race.

So, after yesterday's disco last lap, p5 in WC :) i'm really happy as this is the first time i finished a WC race. Big thanks to the team for the help and congrats to Atze, Bono and Blair for podium.

In Q1 I had traffic in Becketts on my lap where I was about to improve, meaning I was out of Q2 since my first lap time in Q1 was too bad, so I started from P12. Did not have much race practice though, so even if I had qualified higher I would probably have lost some positions. Had some fights with Hirrle and Puumalainen. Screwed up when chasing Hirrle on the last lap though so Mikko got past me in the end so I finished 8th. Not very good.

Q1: can't get my good lap as in test, but enough to get the q2
Q2: I hadnt repeat the q2 lap as in ws, but quite good lap give me a p4 on grid, nice.
Race: After a good start i was involved in the battle between greco, mikkonen and atze and i make a mistake on exit from beckets turn spinning my car. After that after stowe i didn't see a car next to mine and i commit another stupid mistake, ruining mine and the other driver race. Anyway i had a very nice battle with patrick and lee, it was very funny and im proud to be able to fight with so good driver in wc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back